• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

About The Glitches In First Day Affordable Care Inquiries and Signups:

Campbell

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Does anyone else remember the first release of the Windows operating system? The goddam thing would barely run and every ten or fifteen minutes it would hang up. Often it required a systems analyst to get it restarted. Thank goodness Microsoft didn't throw in the towel. I was also around for the first tests of Google. I used to be a Netscape Navigator user.

You folks can bitch and moan and play like you have some kind of magical proof that Affordable Health Care won't work but you know that the real reason you want to stop it is that you know future generations will refer to ObamaCare the same way people today refer to the New Deal and president Roosevelt. FDIC, FERA, CWA, CCC, Indian affairs Reorganization act, NIRA, PWA, SEC, AAA, TVA, WPA, FSA, National Labor Relations Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, Social Security, the Manhattan Project etc.........any of those sound familiar to you??

It's no wonder that after Roosevelt was re-elected three times and was serving in his fourth term when he died that they couldn't wait to put a two term limit on the presidency. I'll never forget when he died in the spring of 1945. I was a fifth grade student and our school closed for the rest of the week as did many in the country to recognize a great man.

Does anyone else remember the first release of the Windows operating system? The goddam thing would barely run and every ten or fifteen minutes it would hang up. Often it required a systems analyst to get it restarted. Thank goodness Microsoft didn't throw in the towel. I was also around for the first tests of Google. I used to be a Netscape Navigator user.

You folks can bitch and moan and play like you have some kind of magical proof that Affordable Health Care won't work but you know that the real reason you want to stop it is that you know future generations will refer to ObamaCare the same way people today refer to the New Deal and president Roosevelt. FDIC, FERA, CWA, CCC, Indian affairs Reorganization act, NIRA, PWA, SEC, AAA, TVA, WPA, FSA, National Labor Relations Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, Social Security, the Manhattan Project etc.........any of those sound familiar to you??

It's no wonder that after Roosevelt was re-elected three times and was serving in his fourth term when he died that they couldn't wait to put a two term limit on the presidency. I'll never forget when he died in the spring of 1945. I was a fifth grade student and our school closed for the rest of the week as did many in the country to recognize a great man.

Is your whole existence based on fellating Obama?

New Deal was arguably the biggest train wreck of legislation this nation has or ever will see - including ObamaCare.

How many years did they have to get the system ready? It is a canadian IT firm that won a lot of government contracts here to put it together. So they have LOADS of experience. How do you defend the issues knowing this?

Sorry Campbell, but I remember the first release of Windows, I fact I still have the first two releases on a floppy. Very easy to use. But you're probably talking about windows 3. Again, was easy to run, especially if you replaced progman with wayfarer. Nor was nutscrape all that original. Andresson and buds stole the mosaic code when they left the NCSA and proceeded to screw the pooch with it.

The first day farkup isn't proof that Obamacare won't work, but it shows the level of planning that went into the effort. Also shows there are incompetents at the helm.

KY exchange is lauded as one of the best now in operation
the governor recognized the citizens of his state needed this program and hired a first rate software team to develop the site and then they field tested it. seems obvious
too bad the feds and other states did not follow that lead
the programming failures blackened the eye of a promising program

Is your whole existence based on fellating Obama?

New Deal was arguably the biggest train wreck of legislation this nation has or ever will see - including ObamaCare.

The New Deal has some controversial aspects, but things like the SEC and FDIC are cornerstones of our economy and its hard to imagine how we would function without them. They provide a firm base on which private enterprise can grow with enough rules to avoid anarchy but not too many to stifle growth.

The New Deal has some controversial aspects, but things like the SEC and FDIC are cornerstones of our economy and its hard to imagine how we would function without them. They provide a firm base on which private enterprise can grow with enough rules to avoid anarchy but not too many to stifle growth.

We could function very easily without the FDIC today. Back then, possibly an issue. Today? None.

The New Deal was about 10% good and 90% bad. Sorry if I'm not enough of an ideologue to point out the 10% in an effort to bring a positive spin.

Obamacare found its poster boy for "success" in one Chad Henderson, who claims to have successfully enrolled where others have encountered nothing but frustration. As Chad wrote on his Facebook page:

I've now been interviewed by The Wall Street Journal, Washington Post,Chattanooga Times Free Press, The Huffington Post, Enroll America, and POLITICO!! Those stories will be published in the coming days. I have a press conference call with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services later tonight. Also, local folks..... my interview with Kimberly Barbour WRCB-TV will be aired TONIGHT at 5:30pm on WRCB Channel 3 Eyewitness News so be sure to check it out thanks for all your support!

As Twtichy noted:

Wow, that's a lot more coverage than most people were able to score from a visit to the broken health insurance exchange website. Another amazing coincidence: Henderson lists himself on LinkedIn as an Organizing for America (i.e., @BarackObama) volunteer working to continue the president's agenda.

In fact, as it turns out, Chad has a long history as an Obama activist.

Read more: Blog: Poster boy for Obamacare website launch is a ringer

is your whole existence based on fellating obama?

New deal was arguably the biggest train wreck of legislation this nation has or ever will see - including obamacare.

bazinga!

We could function very easily without the FDIC today. Back then, possibly an issue. Today? None.

The New Deal was about 10% good and 90% bad. Sorry if I'm not enough of an ideologue to point out the 10% in an effort to bring a positive spin.

No you're too much of an ideologue to point out the 10% in an effort to bring an more truthful assessment.

No you're too much of an ideologue to point out the 10% in an effort to bring an more truthful assessment.

Hitler was a hell of a guy. He didn't smoke or drink, and was a vegetarian - all great characteristics in a human.

Obamacare found its poster boy for "success" in one Chad Henderson, who claims to have successfully enrolled where others have encountered nothing but frustration. As Chad wrote on his Facebook page:

I've now been interviewed by The Wall Street Journal, Washington Post,Chattanooga Times Free Press, The Huffington Post, Enroll America, and POLITICO!! Those stories will be published in the coming days. I have a press conference call with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services later tonight. Also, local folks..... my interview with Kimberly Barbour WRCB-TV will be aired TONIGHT at 5:30pm on WRCB Channel 3 Eyewitness News so be sure to check it out thanks for all your support!

As Twtichy noted:

Wow, that's a lot more coverage than most people were able to score from a visit to the broken health insurance exchange website. Another amazing coincidence: Henderson lists himself on LinkedIn as an Organizing for America (i.e., @BarackObama) volunteer working to continue the president's agenda.

In fact, as it turns out, Chad has a long history as an Obama activist.

Read more: Blog: Poster boy for Obamacare website launch is a ringer

I'm shocked-I'm SHOCKED I say!!:lamo

Hitler was a hell of a guy. He didn't smoke or drink, and was a vegetarian - all great characteristics in a human.

What was that Big Bang Theory video you posted in response to a discussion about whether atomic weapons also counted as chemical weapons?

That right there, that's what this is.

bull****
the FDIC is a critical component of our banking system
but you are welcome to keep your deposits in a singular account, in excess of the deposit guaranty limits

the new deal was a wonderful program. one which Obama should have emulated when he held command of the congress. it allowed struggling families to be able to withstand the effects of the depression

What was that Big Bang Theory video you posted in response to a discussion about whether atomic weapons also counted as chemical weapons?

That right there, that's what this is.

Sheldon explaining reductio ad absurdum? Yup, qualifies here - for both of us.

bull****
the FDIC is a critical component of our banking system
but you are welcome to keep your deposits in a singular account, in excess of the deposit guaranty limits

the new deal was a wonderful program. one which Obama should have emulated when he held command of the congress. it allowed struggling families to be able to withstand the effects of the depression

Withstand? You'd be hard-pressed to find an economist worth his salt who claims that the New Deal didn't exasperate the Great Depression.

Withstand? You'd be hard-pressed to find an economist worth his salt who claims that the New Deal didn't exasperate the Great Depression.

i have better than that
i have first hand accounts of those who benefited from the new deal programs
and it is the citizens of that era who elected the an into office for four terms
that alone tells me how much the population approved of his administration and the programs it initiated

Sorry Campbell, but I remember the first release of Windows, I fact I still have the first two releases on a floppy. Very easy to use. But you're probably talking about windows 3. Again, was easy to run, especially if you replaced progman with wayfarer. Nor was nutscrape all that original. Andresson and buds stole the mosaic code when they left the NCSA and proceeded to screw the pooch with it.

The first day farkup isn't proof that Obamacare won't work, but it shows the level of planning that went into the effort. Also shows there are incompetents at the helm.

That's basically a goddam lie. I worked and most of the time as a section supervisor in one of the largest mainframe computer centers in the U S from 1961 to 1993. When I retired we had $66 million of computing and telecommunications systems installed on over 18,000 sq ft of floating floor I was using the Internet when it was called ARPANET. Don't throw some more Republican(T) bull**** at me.....I've been there, done that.

That's basically a goddam lie. I worked and most of the time as a section supervisor in one of the largest mainframe computer centers in the U S from 1961 to 1993. When I retired we had $66 million of computing and telecommunications systems installed on over 18,000 sq ft of floating floor I was using the Internet when it was called ARPANET. Don't throw some more Republican(T) bull**** at me.....I've been there, done that.

So, you worked big iron, so what? Doesn't change the fact that windows first release was a DOS app. Doesn't change that you confused the release of windows 3 and then 3.11 with their first release. Doesn't change that Andresson stole the public code from the NCSA (he was on the Mosaic team). The internet was never ARPANET (which you confuse with DARPANET), though that was it's origin. And how a long time engineer such as yourself would confuse the internet with the web is beyond me.

So now, what was this first release of windows you referred to? Btw, you're not the only one who worked with big iron.

Last edited:
Mark this day down. I actually agree with Campbell!
Judging this thing byth efirst few days is kind of crazy.

Here's where I think the trouble will be. If 10's of millions of people DO sign up for coverage ,the already bad service at most hospitals will become unbearable and people will be b$tCing left and right. And you can bet most of those whiners will be phoney limo liberals who shed all those crocodile tears about those poor uninsured.

Worse will be if they don't.

Don't throw some more Republican(T) bull**** at me.....I've been there, done that.

Yes you have been there, done that and are still throwing the bull**** around. After so many decades of practicing it I would have thought you might be better at it but then, maybe it's to complicated.

So, you worked big iron, so what? Doesn't change the fact that windows first release was a DOS app. Doesn't change that you confused the release of windows 3 and then 3.11 with their first release. Doesn't change that Andresson stole the public code from the NCSA (he was on the Mosaic team). The internet was never ARPANET (which you confuse with DARPANET), though that was it's origin. And how a long time engineer such as yourself would confuse the internet with the web is beyond me.

So now, what was this first release of windows you referred to? Btw, you're not the only one who worked with big iron.

I was there when the first release of DOS came out. We were running an IBM model 2040 and 2050 and had 1401's and 1402's for printing and punching cards. You do realize that all this started with 80 column punched cards don't you? I learned to program in Fortran 1 and COBOL and was proficient in SPS1/2

We installed Oak Ridge's first supercomputer in 1985...the CRAY XMP 2/4

The man who heads this operation at the national laboratory(ORNL) at Oak Ridge, Buddy Bland received his training at the center for which I was responsible:

Arthur “Buddy” Bland is the Project Director of ORNL’s Leadership Computing Facility as well as the

Co-Project Director of the new University of Tennessee National Institute for Computational Sciences.

He has worked at ORNL for 28 years in the high performance computing field where he has been responsible for the selection, installation, and operation of over 30 supercomputing systems, and has built two high-performance computing facilities. Before joining ORNL, Mr. Bland spent 4 years in the U.S. Air Force

http://computing.ornl.gov/SC08/speakers/bland.html

Jaguar has become Titan at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL)

"Jaguar has become Titan, and it’s packing 20 petaflops of computing power. The 200-cabinet Cray supercomputer at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL), which as Jaguar once ruled the Top 500, has been overhauled with faster hardware and networking system, and taken on a new name to reflect its super-charged capabilities.

At 20 petaflops, Titan is more powerful than the current Top 500 champ, the Sequoia supercomputer at Lawrence Livermore National Labs, which clocks in at 16.3 petaflops."

I boat, fish and travel a lot but most of all I like to annoy Republicans

ARE WE HAVING FUN YET??????????????

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom