• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

About The Glitches In First Day Affordable Care Inquiries and Signups:

I was there when the first release of DOS came out. We were running an IBM model 2040 and 2050 and had 1401's and 1402's for printing and punching cards. You do realize that all this started with 80 column punched cards don't you? I learned to program in Fortran 1 and COBOL and was proficient in SPS1/2

We installed Oak Ridge's first supercomputer in 1985...the CRAY XMP 2/4

The man who heads this operation at the national laboratory(ORNL) at Oak Ridge, Buddy Bland received his training at the center for which I was responsible:

Arthur “Buddy” Bland is the Project Director of ORNL’s Leadership Computing Facility as well as the

Co-Project Director of the new University of Tennessee National Institute for Computational Sciences.

He has worked at ORNL for 28 years in the high performance computing field where he has been responsible for the selection, installation, and operation of over 30 supercomputing systems, and has built two high-performance computing facilities. Before joining ORNL, Mr. Bland spent 4 years in the U.S. Air Force

Buddy Bland

Jaguar has become Titan at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL)

"Jaguar has become Titan, and it’s packing 20 petaflops of computing power. The 200-cabinet Cray supercomputer at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL), which as Jaguar once ruled the Top 500, has been overhauled with faster hardware and networking system, and taken on a new name to reflect its super-charged capabilities.

At 20 petaflops, Titan is more powerful than the current Top 500 champ, the Sequoia supercomputer at Lawrence Livermore National Labs, which clocks in at 16.3 petaflops."

I boat, fish and travel a lot but most of all I like to annoy Republicans

ARE WE HAVING FUN YET??????????????

Lovely bit of history and distraction from the claims you made and the questions put before you. Fortran was my first language too and I remember what working with punch cards was like. Doesn't change that you were wrong in what you said about the first release of windows or the nonsense about nutscrape and the web.

I also remember that the big iron guys were useless where it came to the GUI, they just didn't get it.

You're very simply full of ****. I went through IBM 704, a diode vacuum tube machine, the 7090, a first generation transistor system, IMB 2040' 2050. 2065, 4341, 2195. 3195. etc.

In 1969 the government purchased eight IBM 2195s at an average cost of $8.5 million per system. NOAA got two of them, NASA got one, Lawrence Livermore got one, Brookhaven National Laboratory one and the DOE finished the collection. Ours replaced a 2050 and a 2065. I think you're quite simply out of your league. We routinely processed Top Secret data...you know....like a list which showed the location of more than 22,000 nuclear weapons, I'm talking about SAC, silos, submarines, in stages of refurbishing, storage etc. I retired in late 1993 and finished a 41 year career and all of it except my first nine years was working with very expensive top rated, state-of-the-art mainframe computers. Like I said....we had a terminal on the Internet when they called it the ARPANET. You know...when IP addresses were as new and shiny as a baby hound's tooth.

If you think you're about to convince anybody that suddenly a full blown Windows operating system just magically appeared you need more than an education. Hell I ran the beta version of three of the Windows systems, the last one Windows 8 when they were first available and gave Microsoft almost daily feedback on errors, hangups etc.

Last edited:
I was there when the first release of DOS came out.

Without a pay stub to prove it, your ranting is nothing but BS. But I applaud your effective spin away from the topic. Job well done, must get away from such subject matter as it doesn't fit your false beliefs.

Back
Top Bottom