• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

About the American establishment's morality.

Demon of Light

Bohemian Revolutionary
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
This is prompted by a question I asked in another thread regarding 9/11. My question to anyone reading this is: do you think there are elements of the American establishment morally capable of carrying out the kind of conspiracies commonly discussed here? You can point to individual conspiracy theories if you like, but the point is about whether you believe there are people in the establishment (business, government, and other relevant groups) capable of acts such as presidential assassinations or terrorist attacks. I am curious to hear from people who criticize conspiracy theories mostly.

I do not believe that American institutions are capable of carrying out these 9/11 conspiracies.

They aren't moral or ethical, that's a FACT, but it's also a fact that they direct their unethicality towards enemies of the state, not the state itself. We will burn the world around us if we have to is their mentality.

So, in terms of answering the question based on that, I can't, because they are immoral but they won't commit conspiracies like 9/11.

There's elements of every organization on the planet that are capable of doing mean things. Is that a shock to anyone?

There are individuals willing to do anything. But it's impossible to prevent a whistleblower in a conspiracy involving thousands of people.

Plenty of nutbags have the will, but the means is an impossibility.

This is prompted by a question I asked in another thread regarding 9/11. My question to anyone reading this is: do you think there are elements of the American establishment morally capable of carrying out the kind of conspiracies commonly discussed here? You can point to individual conspiracy theories if you like, but the point is about whether you believe there are people in the establishment (business, government, and other relevant groups) capable of acts such as presidential assassinations or terrorist attacks. I am curious to hear from people who criticize conspiracy theories mostly.

That's a loaded question ;)

politics tends to attract psychopaths and sociopaths more than other fields... and with the rotating door between government and corporate boardrooms, so, it's a clear yes, some lack the morality that would prevent them from perpetrating any crime that they thought they could get away with.

There's elements of every organization on the planet that are capable of doing mean things. Is that a shock to anyone?

Some of the meanest are done out of a desire to improve the world. So no shock. The road to hell is paved with corpses of those who fell victim to, those with good intentions.

Exactly... it's not a shock to anyone, except as it relates to any event that benefits the government, people like to pretend that nobody in government would ever conspire in crime for their own benefit.

Exactly... it's not a shock to anyone, except as it relates to any event that benefits the government, people like to pretend that nobody in government would ever conspire in crime for their own benefit.
This is horrible critical thinking. Could anyone in the entire Boy Scouts of America have the moral character to kill Benazir Bhutto?

This is horrible critical thinking. Could anyone in the entire Boy Scouts of America have the moral character to kill Benazir Bhutto?

Ya, so do you believe what we were told how she died from bumping her head?

Or are you a conspiracy theorist?

do you think there are elements of the American establishment morally capable of carrying out the kind of conspiracies commonly discussed here?

in spades pal!

northwoods.jpg

northwoods002.jpg

northwoods003.jpg

northwoods004.jpg

northwoods005.jpg

northwoods011.jpg

northwoods012.jpg

northwoods013.jpg

northwoods014.jpg

northwoods015.jpg

and there is the declassified evidence to prove it.

northwoods, by the numbers imitates 911.

Two incredibly vague and evasive answers. Please, no other posters emulate this type of response.

I thought it was kinda clear? Every organization has them, including the US government. That was vague and evasive to you? Did you want me to mail my answer to your house? How much clearer could I make it? lol

Two incredibly vague and evasive answers. Please, no other posters emulate this type of response.

Do you not get my point?

There are people willing to do literally anything. That doesn't mean there is any possibility of them accomplishing something specific.

There are people that would conspire to commit any number of crimes. That doesn't mean conspiracies to commit those crimes are viable.

northwoods011.jpg

northwoods012.jpg

northwoods013.jpg

northwoods014.jpg

northwoods015.jpg

and there is the declassified evidence to prove it.

A thread for the incredibly naive and cognitive dissonant who actually believe Americans in positions of authority are incapable of the most despicable crimes against humanity against their own kind.

Only in conspiracy theory-dom is an example of a plan denied proof that such a plan would be approved. Like proving that salt is a cure for cancer by providing a copy of a report saying that salt isn't a cure for cancer.

Only in conspiracy theory-dom is an example of a plan denied proof that such a plan would be approved. Like proving that salt is a cure for cancer by providing a copy of a report saying that salt isn't a cure for cancer.

Actually Northwoods is also a superb example of how little homework CT's do. I doubt Bob for example has any idea that besides Northwoods there were at least 16 other similar proposals in that same time period all of which were immediately rejected for what should be rather obvious reasons.

The simple fact is a lot of the time stuff like that gets written precisely to examine why it is a monumentally stupid idea, not because there is any real intent to do any of it.

Actually Northwoods is also a superb example of how little homework CT's do. I doubt Bob for example has any idea that besides Northwoods there were at least 16 other similar proposals in that same time period all of which were immediately rejected for what should be rather obvious reasons.

The simple fact is a lot of the time stuff like that gets written precisely to examine why it is a monumentally stupid idea, not because there is any real intent to do any of it.

What make you think you are qualified to determine what a 'stupid' idea is mark?

after coming out here and claiming a wall can fall while its paint remains standing and faster than g acceleration among other crazy ****.

and kennedy was assassinated for rejecting it too!

here is another, that was in the works;

This committee received evidence from Maj. Gen Smedley D. Butler (retired), twice decorated by the Congress of the United States. He testified before the committee as to conversations with one Gerald C. MacGuire in which the latter is alleged to have suggested the formation of a fascist army under the leadership of General Butler.

MacGuire denied these allegations under oath, but your committee was able to verify all the pertinent statements made by General Butler, with the exception of the direct statement suggesting the creation of the organization. This, however, was corroborated in the correspondence of MacGuire with his principal, Robert Sterling Clark, of New York City, while MacGuire was abroad studying the various forms of veterans organizations of Fascist character.[45]

proven, congress was already long in the pockets of wall street.

Northwoods is a superb example of how deeply buried in the sand (or elsewhere) debunkers heads are.

Lmao... At least this is a more pertinent attempt than typical efforts to debunk north woods...

The best one was that it was not relevant because that was about stopping commies, not Muslims.

Lmao... At least this is a more pertinent attempt than typical efforts to debunk north woods...

The best one was that it was not relevant because that was about stopping commies, not Muslims.

Was it implemented? No?

Would it have involved the deaths of Americans? No?

Back
Top Bottom