• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

About all this Obama teleprompter business

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Seems that some people here are really obsessing badly over Obama's use of the teleprompter. Meanwhile, there are some serious issues of spending, taxation, pushing the power of the president to limits even Bush didn't dream of, and takeovers of businesses by the government on Obama's watch.

Sheesh, guys. With all the red meat out there, you pick some silly-assed crap like Obama using a teleprompter to make your case that he is not fit to be president? You have to be kidding me!

On the other hand, you guys could be right. Maybe a president who uses a teleprompter just isn't fit to be president after all.

reagan.jpg

:mrgreen:

Seems that some people here are really obsessing badly over Obama's use of the teleprompter. Meanwhile, there are some serious issues of spending, taxation, pushing the power of the president to limits even Bush didn't dream of, and takeovers of businesses by the government on Obama's watch.

Sheesh, guys. With all the red meat out there, you pick some silly-assed crap like Obama using a teleprompter to make your case that he is not fit to be president? You have to be kidding me!

On the other hand, you guys could be right. Maybe a president who uses a teleprompter just isn't fit to be president after all.

reagan.jpg

:mrgreen:

YAWN.

There is a HUGE difference between reading a speech off a Teleprompter for TV, and having one at a press conference. But.. you're trying to be like CC and show "look, I'm above all this partisan sniping, see you people are dumb hypocrites whilst I am a smart guy!"

Get off it Dan. Did Reagan have a TP dictating him his responses to preselected questions from reporters?

No.

Nice try though, it might impress a few people here you're witty attempt to appear like you are something you are not, but this charade of ya'lls is paper thin, and I'll call you each out on it every time you do it.

Obama without a Teleprompter:
YouTube - Obama Without His Teleprompter

OH, and I figured out where you got this idea from, nice to know you read DAILY KOS.

Daily Kos: State of the Nation

YAWN.

There is a HUGE difference between reading a speech off a Teleprompter for TV, and having one at a press conference. But.. you're trying to be like CC and show "look, I'm above all this partisan sniping, see you people are dumb hypocrites whilst I am a smart guy!"

Get off it Dan. Did Reagan have a TP dictating him his responses to preselected questions from reporters?

No.

Nice try though, it might impress a few people here you're witty attempt to appear like you are something you are not, but this charade of ya'lls is paper thin, and I'll call you each out on it every time you do it.

Obama without a Teleprompter:
YouTube - Obama Without His Teleprompter

OH, and I figured out where you got this idea from, nice to know you read DAILY KOS.

Daily Kos: State of the Nation

My wife LOVES Daily KoS. In fact, that's where I got the picture of Reagan using the teleprompter, which I posted in order to expose little partisan hackery. Reagan was making a televised appearance to the American people to say something straight from the heart. He used a teleprompter, but that's OK. Obama uses one, and all of a sudden, he becomes more of a threat to America than bin Laden himself. Obama farts? You are all over him. Reagan farts? You want to sniff it.

Fact is, I think Reagan was a great president. And he used a teleprompter. For most people, the jury is still out on Obama. When the jury comes in, the average thinking man (or woman) is going to judge him on substance and actions, and not on some caterwauling by the lunatic fringe that he uses a teleprompter.

Last edited:
So you took a Daily Kos idea and tried to pass it off as your own. Nice.

and by "I figured out" you mean "I saw this story while on Dailykos.com, also" ?

ACTUALLY, I put "Regan Teleprompter failed" into google and got that as a link

So you took a Daily Kos idea and tried to pass it off as your own. Nice.

Get exposed as a partisan hack, and attack the poster who just exposed you? LOL.

I have no problem whatsoever getting that from Daily Kos. My wife reads it regularly, and when she sees something good (and this was), she calls me over. Yea, she is an unabashed Liberal. She and I have our differences, but they are honest differences. She has her own problems with Obama, and is not afraid to talk about them.

And, by the way, what I posted were my own words, and I actually supported Reagan, and I still do. Daily Kos never did.

Let the pettiness continue. I await your next post, as you attempt to explain why it is OK for a Republican to use a teleprompter and not OK for a Democrat to do so.

Get exposed as a partisan hack, and attack the poster who just exposed you? LOL.

I have no problem whatsoever getting that from Daily Kos. My wife reads it regularly, and when she sees something good (and this was), she calls me over. Yea, she is an unabashed Liberal. She and I have our differences, but they are honest differences. She has her own problems with Obama, and is not afraid to talk about them.

And, by the way, what I posted were my own words, and I actually supported Reagan, and I still do. Daily Kos never did.

Let the pettiness continue. I await your next post, as you attempt to explain why it is OK for a Republican to use a teleprompter and not OK for a Democrat to do so.

No, it has nothing to do with "reagan used one why can't obama". That's not the issue, and you know it. Couching it in those terms however, sways the simple minded... it's catchy like a bumper sticker... or as I like to call it "Bumper Sticker Logic".

It appeals to those that can't be bothered to think on their own, or do a little mental legwork.

Obama uses the TP at press conferences, do you have Video of Reagan doing so?

Stories of Reagan reading answers to questions from reporters that way?

How about those reels of film showing Regan stumbling all over his words without his TP?

See, there is a huge difference. That picture is Reagan about to give a speech from the Oval Office via a televised event... naturally it's better to look into the Camera... thus the TP. No one cares about that.

The DK story isn't very slick, it makes no sense, and is just aimed at that segment of the population not prone to using logical deduction and free thinking.

So do please continue how Reagan and Obamas use of the TP is exactly alike, it will be amusing to read.

Last edited:
No, it has nothing to do with "reagan used one why can't obama". That's not the issue, and you know it. Couching it in those terms however, sways the simple minded... it's catchy like a bumper sticker... or as I like to call it "Bumper Sticker Logic".

It appeals to those that can't be bothered to think on their own, or do a little mental legwork.
Obama uses the TP at press conferences, do you have Video of Reagan doing so?

Stories of Reagan reading answers to questions from reporters that way?

How about those reels of film showing Regan stumbling all over his words without his TP?

See, there is a huge difference. That picture is Reagan about to give a speech from the Oval Office via a televised event... naturally it's better to look into the Camera... thus the TP. No one cares about that.

The DK story isn't very slick, it makes no sense, and is just aimed at that segment of the population not prone to using logical deduction and free thinking.

So do please continue how Reagan and Obamas use of the TP is exactly alike, it will be amusing to read.

Those who can't think on their own, you mean dittoheads???? right??

We have seen Obama without a teleprompter. It was when he kicked McCain's ass in 3 out of 3 debates.

Moreover, he did not us a teleprompter answering questions. He used it for the opening remarks.

Obama Used a Teleprompter to Read His Press Conference Opening Statement! So? - Robert Schlesinger (usnews.com)

He was well rehearsed at the debates. Probably a lot of his responses came directly from his campaign trail. I don't think the debates prove a whole lot about his ability to be President. The debates are highly over-rated as far as I'm concerned.

I think he has a very limited ability when it comes to thinking on his feet.

What? You mean.......

Somebody is lying?

Say it ain't so. :mrgreen:

The GOP and their apologists are still smarting after their well deserved loss to the DEMS. Rather than all this sniping at the winner, they should be searching their membership for VIABLE candidates for 2012.
The american public was tired of business as usual and went looking for something different. Clearly business as usual wasn't working anymore.....

But rather than admit that Obama won fair and square, they find some trivial issue and harp on that, instead of trying to find out WHY he won. It is called being in denial. I suggest a 12 step process be applied, and the first step is?
The GOP has to first admit it has a problem.
IF it loses again in 2 years, maybe then the GOP leadership will realize that there has been a change in direction and that they need to see what they can do to get on board, instead of abandoning ship like rats. The ship is sailing without them. MAYBE the ship is actually going in the wrong direction, but they will never be able to help steer unless they are ONBOARD.....

Oooh, I hadn't seen the picture before.

But I'll note I was calling Reagan "President Teleprompter The First" before that article came out I believe, so the Daily Kos naturally stole it from me.

Are we suggesting that Reagan used it to the extent the current occupant uses it?

I don't see how that would be logistically feasable.

YAWN.Get off it Dan. Did Reagan have a TP dictating him his responses to preselected questions from reporters?

Please link to proof that Obama had his answeres on the teleprompter? I was under the impression he had his opening statement on it, but heard nothing about the actual questions being up there.

AND

If it was just the opening statement, why is he bad for using a teleprompter instead of using notes or the statement written on a piece of paper at the podium like many people do?

Please link to proof that Obama had his answeres on the teleprompter? I was under the impression he had his opening statement on it, but heard nothing about the actual questions being up there.

AND

If it was just the opening statement, why is he bad for using a teleprompter instead of using notes or the statement written on a piece of paper at the podium like many people do?

Exactly, and here is the problem. There is much to attack Obama over. There are the heavy-handed tactics being used by Obama against the automakers right now, and I don't see much being posted on that. One or two threads? On the other hand, the wing nuts are bring up this teleprompter business constantly. Frankly, the American people don't want to hear any more of this silly-assed crap. They want to hear the REAL issues, and if Republicans can't do that, but obsess over the silly crap instead, the GOP is going to take another huge pounding in 2010.

Here is what the Republican Party should do - DIVORCE themselves from the nut case cable TV and radio talking heads, and let them form their own political party. They can call that new party whatever they want. A very appropriate name for them would be the "Americans are Stupid Party", which rightly reflects their total contempt for the American people. The new party will go over like a lead balloon too, and they will go the way of the Whigs within nanoseconds. Meanwhile, the Republican party will be able to go about their business without having to worry about being preempted by these fruitcakes.

Last edited:
Exactly, and here is the problem. There is much to attack Obama over. There are the heavy-handed tactics being used by Obama against the automakers right now, and I don't see much being posted on that. One or two threads? On the other hand, the wing nuts are bring up this teleprompter business constantly. Frankly, the American people don't want to hear any more of this silly-assed crap. They want to hear the REAL issues, and if Republicans can't do that, but obsess over the silly crap instead, the GOP is going to take another huge pounding in 2010.

Here is what the Republican Party should do - DIVORCE themselves from the nut case cable TV and radio talking heads, and let them form their own political party. They can call that new party whatever they want. A very appropriate name for them would be the "Americans are Stupid Party", which rightly reflects their total contempt for the American people. The new party will go over like a lead balloon too, and they will go the way of the Whigs within nanoseconds.

I miss the days when the Republicans had people like William F Buckley Jr instead of Rush Limbaugh.

Really?

Please contrast the opinions the two hold. Thanks

Such reforms would hugely increase the use of the drug? Why? It is de facto legal in the Netherlands, and the percentage of users there is the same as here. The Dutch do odd things, but here they teach us a lesson.

William F Buckley Jr
William F. Buckley Jr. on Marijuana on National Review Online

Less than two weeks ago, Limbaugh weighed in on the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) announcement that there were no "sound scientific studies" supporting the medicinal use of marijuana. His diatribe was characteristically callous and harsh toward sick and dying people who use medical marijuana as Limbaugh blathered "the FDA says there's no -- zilch, zero, nada -- shred of medicinal value to the evil weed marijuana. This is going to be a setback to the long-haired, maggot-infested, dope-smoking crowd."

Rush Limbaugh

Anthony Papa: Rush Limbaugh and the Politics of Drug Addiction

One is an intellectual the other is a frothing at the mouth blow hard wind bag.

Back
Top Bottom