• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

About all this Obama teleprompter business

Buckley spent like half of his published work whining about the rest of Academia wouldn't let him play in their reindeer games

Actually, Buckley's written works were in-depth writings about how we should not get into debt, how the government should not be our nanny, and other important Conservative issues. In 1994, the Republicans took over the House, based in part on arguments that Buckley, Buchanan, and other Paleocons, had originally presented. Sadly to say, the GOP abandoned all these good ideas later on, when the Neocons began using the Republican party as their parasitic host.

Buckley was a thinking man's Conservative, and is sorely missed.

Last edited:
Actually, Buckley's written works were in-depth writings about how we should not get into debt, how the government should not be our nanny, and other important Conservative issues. In 1994, the Republicans took over the House, based in part on arguments that Buckley, Buchanan, and other Paleocons, had originally presented. Sadly to say, the GOP abandoned all these good ideas later on, when the Neocons began using the Republican party as their parasitic host.

Buckley was a thinking man's Conservative, and is sorely missed.

Some of it was about that, but an equal amount was neo-conesque bitching about the mean, mean doo-doo head academic and media establishment.

Obama uses a teleprompter because he actually wants to deliver a good speech, which won't embarass his country, and his people. And Republicans can't say anything about it, because Bush embarrased the USA, and he had sooo many errors....thats his biggest failing. He needs to swallow his pride, and use a teleprompter, so he can be understood.

Seems that some people here are really obsessing badly over Obama's use of the teleprompter. Meanwhile, there are some serious issues of spending, taxation, pushing the power of the president to limits even Bush didn't dream of, and takeovers of businesses by the government on Obama's watch.

Sheesh, guys. With all the red meat out there, you pick some silly-assed crap like Obama using a teleprompter to make your case that he is not fit to be president? You have to be kidding me!

I see you like The Daily Kossack.

Now, we would challenge the Marxist virus that has infected the American Government, but the press seems to think this is a genuine stroke of brilliance, so what's the point?

The Clintons laid all manner of eggs... and they are the D's icon.
Why belabor the facts... they mean nothing to the press?
What's left for the plebes of society is the fun... that they cannot take away (yet)... though his minions, The Obamatrons try so hard.

Tax increases, trillions in spending, government taking over businesses, tax cheats in the government, the AG telling us we are racist weaklings... "cowards", the president is "keeping score", telling people who they should and shouldn't listen to if things are to get done, attacks private citizens who have the gall to criticize,... so...

Hail to The Dear Leader... Hail to Obama... Hail to the Thief!

Who are we to argue with the press when they say he is The One to decide how much someone will make, who will get bonus money, who will be vilified, what companies will live and die, and that this is His Time to tax and spend?

Really?

We do find it interesting that such a brilliant man cannot function effectively without his teleprompteur... and when he must speak extemporaneously... is simply lost... giving us more ums and aws than a Valley Girl in mating season.

Without Le Teleprompteur (or is it Le Prompteur de la tele l'Obama), Obama comes across like a schizophrenic... one guy is eloquent, and as masterful with his lines as Ashley Biden is... The Other Obama (sans le Prompteur de la tele l'Obama), when left alone to give us his worldly community organizing world view (puny), his mastery evaporates, descending to the level of Ashely Biden after a head full of coke... or Joe Biden sober.

Live by the word, die by the lack of er... um... ahhh... word...

What I find interesting is bama was hyped as this smart, eloquent character

Last edited:
Obama uses a teleprompter because he actually wants to deliver a good speech, which won't embarass his country, and his people. And Republicans can't say anything about it, because Bush embarrased the USA, and he had sooo many errors....thats his biggest failing. He needs to swallow his pride, and use a teleprompter, so he can be understood.

:lol:

Seriously?

Comparing Buckley to Limbaugh?
Makes as much sense as comparing MLK to Michael Jackson....
RBL and MJ will not be known for leaving the world a better place than they found it....Buckley and MLK will....

I don't have a problem with any sitting president using a teleprompter to deliver his message be it to Congress, the nation or a group of reporters at the beginning of a press conference. Frankly, I think all this hype created by Rush Limbaugh and quickly latched onto by some Conservative talking-heads is ridiculous! Every president in modern history has used a teleprompter to some degree. I don't know when it became commonplace to use them while along the campaign trail, but I'm sure every party leader since the Reagan era has used one at some point during the presidential campaign. That's what has really caught Rush's attention - knowing that Pres. Obama has used a teleprompter essentially since day-1 of his run for the presidency.

Still, that doesn't bother me one bit. Pres. Obama is still a decent speaker even without a teleprompter. And if using one helps him to keep his ideas straight and his message straight-forward so be it.

Again, it's a very stupid issue to harp upon, but I get it! Make every attempt to make an eliquent orator and intelligent individual seem less eliquent and unintelligent at every turn. Not only is it not working, but the talking heads seems to h ave forgotten just how foolish former Pres. Bush sounded whenever he'd give public speeches even when he did use a teleprompter. A wasteful attempt at making something out of nothing. :roll:

I don't have a problem with any sitting president using a teleprompter to deliver his message be it to Congress, the nation or a group of reporters at the beginning of a press conference. Frankly, I think all this hype created by Rush Limbaugh and quickly latched onto by some Conservative talking-heads is ridiculous! Every president in modern history has used a teleprompter to some degree. I don't know when it became commonplace to use them while along the campaign trail, but I'm sure every party leader since the Reagan era has used one at some point during the presidential campaign. That's what has really caught Rush's attention - knowing that Pres. Obama has used a teleprompter essentially since day-1 of his run for the presidency.

Still, that doesn't bother me one bit. Pres. Obama is still a decent speaker even without a teleprompter. And if using one helps him to keep his ideas straight and his message straight-forward so be it.

Again, it's a very stupid issue to harp upon, but I get it! Make every attempt to make an eliquent orator and intelligent individual seem less eliquent and unintelligent at every turn. Not only is it not working, but the talking heads seems to h ave forgotten just how foolish former Pres. Bush sounded whenever he'd give public speeches even when he did use a teleprompter. A wasteful attempt at making something out of nothing. :roll:

Ahhh too true. I remember Bush's speech on getting fooled lol. "Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice".....can't get fooled again! Or something like that. And then gesturing. "The left hand *waves right hand* doesn't know what the right hand * waves left hand* is doing." Lol. Obama.....I saw that press conference, where Obama got "cold" towards a reporter. The only thing any news agency could find wrong was a possible moment of Obama getting mad at a duumb question.

Comparing Buckley to Limbaugh?
Makes as much sense as comparing MLK to Michael Jackson....
RBL and MJ will not be known for leaving the world a better place than they found it....Buckley and MLK will....

I think the moonwalk added something.

Yes. The swallow pride thing is referring to Bush, not Obama. Obama can talk, while Bush can't. Simple as that.

:lol:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWOQA8S3i4g"]YouTube - Obama - Breathalyzer[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws"]YouTube - Obama Claims He's Visited 57 States[/ame]

Are you sure you want to continue this?

Please prove with links and evidence what you claim in bold.

One is an intellectual the other is a frothing at the mouth blow hard wind bag.

I have watched Buckley and had to stifle my yawns and occasionally disbelief in the positions he held. Does it make you an intellectual when you sound like your nose has a tampon stuffed in it and you use a fake snob accent?

Rush was never a journalist and didn't publish a news magazine; he is a talk show host who thrives on entertainment. Obviously it works because people like you hate him so much which is exactly what makes him so effective.

Rush Limbaugh constantly exposes the obvious hypocrisy and lying nature of Democrats using their own words and recorded statements; it is highly entertaining and delightful to watch.

I am not surprised that quasi-intellectual Liberal snobs would hate his message. Being exposed as a lying hypocrites certainly is not something Liberals like. They prefer controlling the media message to advance their failed policies that appeal to one's emotional state but do little or nothing to advance the status of their constituents they claim to champion.

Rush is only a "frothing at the mouth, blow hard windbag" to those who have never or seldom spent any time listening to his show, his points and the facts. They are the same people who when confronted by their own rabid partisanship, hyperbole, lies and distortions will attack you as being related to Adolf Hitler to have an opinion that does not comply with their own rather than debate the merits or facts of your arguments.

I love how the Left in this country desperately want to deny free speech, the right to protect oneself with a gun and destroy free markets want to demagogue Limbaugh’s listeners as ignorant rednecks when the educational demographics of his audience surpass those who listen to CNN, C-Span, ABC News, CBS news etc.

Rush’s radio show has a 33% college grad audience versus a national average of 28%.

Pew Research Center: Limbaugh Holds onto his Niche -- Conservative Men

Of course, this assumes that everyone with a college degree has common sense which is not true; as evidenced by the Democrats infesting the Congress and Obama’s Whitehouse.

That's plagiarism.

Editor's Correction. That's a Bidenism or Obamaism.

Both have been nailed for stealing intellectual property.

Did you watch any of his speeches in Europe and Turkey; it was painful to watch and witness because he was wandering without any real direction and basically babbling.

Sorry, but there is nothing smart or intellectual about Obama's positions, his speeches and his wandering diatribes about American arrogance, American missteps and American greed; WITH or WITHOUT his teleprompter.

Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
I don't have a problem with any sitting president using a teleprompter to deliver his message be it to Congress, the nation or a group of reporters at the beginning of a press conference. Frankly, I think all this hype created by Rush Limbaugh and quickly latched onto by some Conservative talking-heads is ridiculous! Every president in modern history has used a teleprompter to some degree.

Key words in bold.

The point is no president has used Le Teleprompteur to the degree Obama has.

Nobody has been so poor without it; he's on par with Bush... but the difference between Bush and Obama is Bush struggled for words, Obama struggles for content.

Obama was made out to be such an elegant, eloquent communicator. He proved otherwise when ahhh, the ummm ahhh, the ahh, Le Teleprompteur was... ahhh ummm not present.

He's earned the moniker, President Teleprompteur.
It's all his.
Enjoy.

I have watched Buckley and had to stifle my yawns and occasionally disbelief in the positions he held. Does it make you an intellectual when you sound like your nose has a tampon stuffed in it and you use a fake snob accent?

Rush was never a journalist and didn't publish a news magazine; he is a talk show host who thrives on entertainment. Obviously it works because people like you hate him so much which is exactly what makes him so effective.

Rush Limbaugh constantly exposes the obvious hypocrisy and lying nature of Democrats using their own words and recorded statements; it is highly entertaining and delightful to watch.

I am not surprised that quasi-intellectual Liberal snobs would hate his message. Being exposed as a lying hypocrites certainly is not something Liberals like. They prefer controlling the media message to advance their failed policies that appeal to one's emotional state but do little or nothing to advance the status of their constituents they claim to champion.

Rush is only a "frothing at the mouth, blow hard windbag" to those who have never or seldom spent any time listening to his show, his points and the facts. They are the same people who when confronted by their own rabid partisanship, hyperbole, lies and distortions will attack you as being related to Adolf Hitler to have an opinion that does not comply with their own rather than debate the merits or facts of your arguments.

I love how the Left in this country desperately want to deny free speech, the right to protect oneself with a gun and destroy free markets want to demagogue Limbaugh’s listeners as ignorant rednecks when the educational demographics of his audience surpass those who listen to CNN, C-Span, ABC News, CBS news etc.

Rush’s radio show has a 33% college grad audience versus a national average of 28%.

Pew Research Center: Limbaugh Holds onto his Niche -- Conservative Men

Of course, this assumes that everyone with a college degree has common sense which is not true; as evidenced by the Democrats infesting the Congress and Obama’s Whitehouse.

Limbaugh's Audience Better Informed Than Those Of Most Media Outlets
Limbaugh's Audience Better Informed Than Those Of Most Media Outlets - Political Machine - Politics Blog, Opinion and Analysis - AOL News
As Democrats' attacks on Rush send his audience size through the roof, more and more people are becoming exposed to his persuasive – and apparently highly informative – message, many for the first time. The danger for the Obama Administration is that a percentage of those new listeners will find agreement with Limbaugh's arguments against the Administration's policies. That may be why the Obama Administration admitted this week that it's attacks on Limbaugh had become, "unproductive."

LOL... Carville, Begala and ObamaRhama had their little bomb blow up in their faces.

Last edited:
Key words in bold.

The point is no president has used Le Teleprompteur to the degree Obama has.

Nobody has been so poor without it; he's on par with Bush... but the difference between Bush and Obama is Bush struggled for words, Obama struggles for content.

Obama was made out to be such an elegant, eloquent communicator. He proved otherwise when ahhh, the ummm ahhh, the ahh, Le Teleprompteur was... ahhh ummm not present.

He's earned the moniker, President Teleprompteur.
It's all his.
Enjoy.

:applaud Bravo; the highlighted portion is pretty much right on. However, I think instead of suggesting Obama is struggling for content, it should be substance.

Back
Top Bottom