• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Abortions? not with my taxes

Nice. That makes perfect sense. Since some entities don't have rights why should a fetus? I get it.

Nobody made that argument. You said that most living things have rights in the U.S., which is obviously, ridiculously, false. I merely pointed that out. That fact has absolutely nothing to do with fetuses.

Its rights aren't affected, but it can legally be killed? You did say you feel you have to accept abortions in these cases, didn't you? I am by no means trying to lie on here, but you are seriously confusing me.

What I said is considering our system of law and the possibility that the abortion could be determined to be self defense by proper authority that I felt that that provision would have to remain. I never said I WANTED it to remain or that I thought it just. In fact, I told you several times that I felt the child innocent of the circumstances of it's conception. Having to accept something I feel is wrong and accepting it because I do not think it wrong are to entirely different things. This I also explained to you previously.

Last edited:
You certainly can't think that all living things (or even MOSt living things) have rights in the U.S. If you really believe this, then I am wasting my time talking to you.

I've allready felt that about you several times. Consider that there is a penalty for destroying an eagles egg and not one for killing an unborn child. There's the crux.

Pets and endangered species don't make up "most living things" by a long shot.

Pets and endangered species don't make up "most living things" by a long shot.

No they don't, but i'm not going to look up every law that protects animals, trees, flowers, even rocks in the US, for you. That was just an obvious start.

I'm sorry, but this has got to be the weakest argument I've ever heard from you. You say it's illogical to choose which entities have rights and which don't, but you only want certain entities to have rights. Who's being illogical here???

I think that everything has a right to live until it is shown that its death benefits society.
You think that some things have rights and others don't, big difference.

I think that everything has a right to live until it is shown that its death benefits society.
You think that some things have rights and others don't, big difference.

I actually agree with the bolded part as part as part of my moral code. That's not how the law works obviously; only specifically protected entities have rights. If there's no mention of something in a law, you can kill all you want of them. So yes, some things have legal rights and others don't. I probably don't need to tell you I see a definite benefit to society for keeping abortion legal.

I actually agree with the bolded part as part as part of my moral code. That's not how the law works obviously; only specifically protected entities have rights. If there's no mention of something in a law, you can kill all you want of them. So yes, some things have legal rights and others don't. I probably don't need to tell you I see a definite benefit to society for keeping abortion legal.

Fair enough...

Abortion as it stands now is ok, though I would like to see the fetus gain the rights that it deserves in order protect it's rigth to life better.

Fair enough...

Abortion as it stands now is ok, though I would like to see the fetus gain the rights that it deserves in order protect it's rigth to life better.

You're ok with abortion as it is now? Do you mean in your country? What rights would you like to see given to the fetus?

You're ok with abortion as it is now? Do you mean in your country? What rights would you like to see given to the fetus?

Abortion as it stands now, as legal within the first trimester, is ok. I think that no abortions should be legal past the first trimester though.

Past the first trimester, fetus's should get rights, especially in the third trimester. At that point, they should be granted full human rights.

Back
Top Bottom