• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Abortion

There are VERY few Pro-lifers who hold the view of "no abortions, period". What's realistic is for the loving couple to stifle their urges if they cannot accept the probability that she will get pregnant, and IF SHE does, she carries the baby to term. Personal Responsibility.

Not bri ting an unwanted child into the world. Personal reponsibity.

Following the laws set out by God would prevent all that and more...
But that's a choice, correct? God gave us all free will to follow His Word or not, correct?

So then using man's law to force people to submit to God's Word is a sin...it defies God's Will. It usurps His Authority to demand we follow His Word when He Himself gave us the free will to choose.

I'll remind you again, you are not in politics...
I was discussing God. God gave us all choice. He gave us free will.

The fantasy world of smallvoice where sexual desire doesn’t exist and males have no responsibility in birth control. So easy being a right winger and coming up with unworkable solutions.
No fantasy to it. I have said numerous times that both copulators are responsible for the baby that comes from their activities. The women come unglued if they think that some man should be involved in their decision to abort.

But that's a choice, correct? God gave us all free will to follow His Word or not, correct?

So then using man's law to force people to submit to God's Word is a sin...it defies God's Will. It usurps His Authority to demand we follow His Word when He Himself gave us the free will to choose.
You are not in politics...this is not about man's law...you can spew that elsewhere...

No fantasy to it. I have said numerous times that both copulators are responsible for the baby that comes from their activities. The women come unglued if they think that some man should be involved in their decision to abort.

It’s a libertarian fantasy world when everything in living comes down to just making decisions and no emotions are involved in actions such as sex.

Actually it is politics when the right wingers want to insert their religious preferences into it.
This is about morality/ethics...right and wrong...

abortion is evil
Abortion is legal. How many folks are killed each year with firearms? How about deaths from alcohol? Car accidents? All legal.
Women should have the 'choice' of what they want to do with their bodies. The right has no problem with folks who don't want to wear masks, they claim it's their right but women have a choice, hell no.

This is just another way for the 'religious' to try to rule while they claim they are under attack.

Watsup says this:

"Given that, I still prefer the least number of legal abortions possible"

The state of Florida where I live records all the reasons why abortions occur. In 2018, there were 70,083 abortions in Florida. This table lists each reason and the percentage of abortions that occurred because of it. Watsup's statement flies in the face of reality, most abortions are a matter of convenience, not necessity. Convenience and "Least amount" are in opposition to one another, a contradiction.

View attachment 67297017
Which of those things are 'conveniences?' All of them have to do with adequately supporting a child. Mostly in a financial sense. How is a safe place to live a 'convenience?' How is food on the table 'a convenience?' How is making sure you can care for the kids you already have 'a convenience?' How is not having a kid you know you'll neglect or abuse 'a convenience?' How is making the choice NOT to go on welfare or other public assistance "a convenience?'

Maybe all those things are conveniences in your own life, but for most of us, those things are important and affect life, health, safety, opportunities, etc.

Last edited:
This is about morality/ethics...right and wrong...

Again, when the religionists insist on inserting their personal morality into the government, it becomes immediately about politics.

It’s a libertarian fantasy world when everything in living comes down to just making decisions and no emotions are involved in actions such as sex.
No, that's an adult real world that comes down to making decisions and living with the consequences.

You are not in politics...this is not about man's law...you can spew that elsewhere...
Ah nice try. I am pointing out the hypocrisy of demanding women do something...which can only be done by law...when God Himself gave us free will.

But you avoided that...you avoid all argument and just retreat to snark. A clear sign of weak/non-existent argument.

Or allow a woman to have an abortion if it’s an unwanted pregnancy.
Sounds like a poor decision was made. Don't you believe in personal responsibility?

Again, when the religionists insist on inserting their personal morality into the government, it becomes immediately about politics.
We are not talking about government in this forum...there is a forum for that...:rolleyes:

No, that's an adult real world that comes down to making decisions and living with the consequences.
Ah, another one that considers a child punishment for a woman 'opening her legs.' She 'made her bed, now she has to lie in it!' That's her consequence! Her punishment!

Nice. :rolleyes: Using a child as a bludgeon for personally repressive and misogynistic views.

Ah nice try. I am pointing out the hypocrisy of demanding women do something...which can only be done by law...when God Himself gave us free will.

But you avoided that...you avoid all argument and just retreat to snark. A clear sign of weak/non-existent argument.
I'm not demanding anything except you take your politics elsewhere...

Smallvoice clearly has zero understanding of sexual desire.
Cult-like clinging to any beliefs causes that kind of blindness.

I'm not demanding anything except you take your politics elsewhere...
I'm sure you'd prefer not having to address my posts honestly and on topic.

why not try that instead then?

Anyone who is pro-abortion is not moral/ethical on that matter.

Anyone who is anti-choice is not moral/ethical on that matter.

In case no one read the OP, including watsup, evidently...here are his words again...

Yes, I know that there's a dedicated abortion forum, but that doesn't mean that we can't attack it from a slightly different tack, i.e. ethics.
As usual, the topic was first brought up in another thread, but it seemed like it needed its own thread.

I'm sure you'd prefer not having to address my posts honestly and on topic.

why not try that instead then?
You are not only being dishonest but you are also off topic...read the OP again...

Point proven. A fantasy libertarian world where the answer is simply that everyone make the right choices all the time. Doesn’t happen. Won’t happen. So abortion needs to remain legal.

Back
Top Bottom