• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Abortion

The Constitution of the United States allows abortions to women who don’t want to bring an unwanted child into the world.
Is that your way of saying, "I was wrong, but we're still better than you"?

where do you get this information from?
I believe the teachings of Jesus and he said "When they continued to question Him, He straightened up and said to them, "Let him who is without sin among you be the first to cast a stone at her." Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

You don't strike me as a believer.
As in so much else your opinion is noted. Because my form of belief is dissimilar to yours does not make it nonexistent, no matter how much you would like it if it were.

More unwanted children helps society?
no it doesnt, it creates a gneeration of women void of consuequcnes and then fertily rates are down and the society is destoryed

Not at all. Pro-abortion means you think abortion is prefertable

Pro-choice means 'what other people choice is none of your damn business. I know people who died because of pregnancy.
This distinction may matter at your dinner table, but in the law it doesn't. Supporting "choice" and supporting "abortion" are one and the same when it comes to laws taking effect.

Until, of course, they try to make a new law like, "people of X ethnicity/religion/disability/political stance/etc. need to always have an abortion. Until that happens, the distinction is irrelevant in politics, except when appealing to emotions of the public — which is what the word "pro-choice" is all about.

This distinction may matter at your dinner table, but in the law it doesn't. Supporting "choice" and supporting "abortion" are one and the same when it comes to laws taking effect.

Until, of course, they try to make a new law like, "people of X ethnicity/religion/disability/political stance/etc. need to always have an abortion. Until that happens, the distinction is irrelevant in politics, except when appealing to emotions of the public — which is what the word "pro-choice" is all about.
No, actually it is not.

That is your illinnformed opinion. When you can get pregnant, then that opinion will matter.

As in so much else your opinion is noted. Because my form of belief is dissimilar to yours does not make it nonexistent, no matter how much you would like it if it were.
The word believer usually comes with a context. In our case I am think of faith in the Abrahamic God. I'm not saying I think you don't have any faith, rather I expected you to have more and the more I read your comments the more I realize the weakness of your faith. Your comments are sceptical to say the least and you seem to put science before God.

The word believer usually comes with a context. In our case I am think of faith in the Abrahamic God. I'm not saying I think you don't have any faith, rather I expected you to have more and the more I read your comments the more I realize the weakness of your faith. Your comments are sceptical to say the least and you seem to put science before God.
There is no religion higher than truth.

There is no religion higher than truth.
Islam is the truth.

Are you another one of those who don't know what religion they belong to? There are many of those here. Or maybe they know but are ashamed to admit it.

Islam is the truth.

Are you another one of those who don't know what religion they belong to? There are many of those here. Or maybe they know but are ashamed to admit it.
IN YOUR OPINION.

Yes, I know that there's a dedicated abortion forum, but that doesn't mean that we can't attack it from a slightly different tack, i.e. ethics.
As usual, the topic was first brought up in another thread, but it seemed like it needed its own thread. Here's the history:

At which point I asked if he thought that atheists didn't have ethics.

His reply:

And I then asked him these questions:
No, I'm not pro-abortion. I don't know anyone who is pro-abortion.
And even if I was, would that mean that all atheists are pro-abortion?
And are there any self-described religious people that are pro-choice? And if they are, does that mean that they don't have any moral or ethical values? And who assigned you as the person to make that determination?

I then added a couple of more questions:
Is a zygote a future human and is it unethical to end the pregnancy at that point Also: What are the ethics of bringing an unwanted child into the world?

His reply:

So basically he is saying that anyone who is "pro-abortion" is not moral/ethical and that most atheists are pro-abortion, ergo atheists are not ethical.

Your thoughts?
If he believes abortion is murder than yeah you are not ethical or moral if you support it in his view. Tough cookies people get to have their opinions. The question I have for you is why does what he thinks matter to you?

Why do you people who are so Pro-Life and so Anti-Abortion love to pay the fully developed Fetus slave wagers, outrageous costs of education, expensive health-care and look down on others who are not your race? You're extremely inconsistent. (Plus you enjoy voting for sociopaths)
Slave wages is nothing at all. I don't support education costs. I voted against expensive healthcare. And I don't care about race so who the hell are you talking to?

You assume far too much.
Really, I only assume you are adamant in not letting anyone here know what your exact beliefs regarding God are? You make vague comments rejecting other people's thoughts, but you don't express any significant thoughts of your own. If your beliefs are good, surely they are more than worth sharing.

Back
Top Bottom