• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Abortion

Sure. Because killing people in the name of "god" is so much better than killing them for some other reason.
Killing them according to the commandments of God is the best way. Other ways are no good.

You make some good points sometimes, but you overuse this term, even if it may be accurate. I'd suggest either not responding to low effort posts like the one you quoted, or taking the time to formulate at least a basic response demonstrating their incorrect premises or facts. Low effort shitposting in response to low effort shitposting will never further the discussion.
Pointing out that he — who was just arrogantly demanding proof of a negative from someone — has the burden of proof is a "low effort post"? I sense a bias toward the bigoted.

Pointing out that he — who was just arrogantly demanding proof of a negative from someone — has the burden of proof is a "low effort post"? I sense a bias toward the bigoted.
No, it was low effort to say "But being an atheist, much of your "facts" are based solely on desparete beliefs which is why you so rarely produce the proof you claim you have."

That's a sweeping generalization, among other things, designed only to denigrate an entire group you disagree with, and riddled with grammatical errors. I wasn't trying to derail the thread as we're now doing, I'm trying to keep him on topic.

The burden of proof is on you. But being an atheist, much of your "facts" are based solely on desparete beliefs which is why you so rarely produce the proof you claim you have.

Ummm.....this was not a “proof” situation. I was trying to have a back-and-forth conversation with smallvoice and instead of holding up his end if the conversation he just declared everything that I said to be “nonsense” without a single reason as to why. He basically just dropped out of the conversation by making a statement that meant nothing instead of providing appropriate feedback. He reminds me very much of you in that regard.

That by your own standards, you have no ethics since you approve of abortion in some instances.
And also that you are the typical right-wing anti-abortion extremist who would ethically condemn the great majority of Americans who are pro-choice in regard to a Constitutionally protected right of women who decide that they don’t want to bring any wanted child into the world.
And, no, I am not “pro-abortion”. I am against abortion to the point that I want to see as few as possible, and it is you right-wingers who actually cause more abortion by constantly trying to remove funding from Planned Parenthood which provides more birth control to women of less economic means than any other organization, thus preventing potential abortions. The blood is on YOUR hands.

Unlike some Liberals who believe a fetus, an unborn offspring is equivalent to a blob and would ram a stake through its head a few weeks before birth ..I take issue with. I would argue that a human fetus is a separate living person from the mother and should be treated as such. Abortion as a convenience is wrong as wrong can be both on a scientific and secular basis.

Watch "Nine Months that Made You"

Not human lives are important and some are best off being terminated.

Unlike some Liberals who believe a fetus, an unborn offspring is equivalent to a blob and would ram a stake through its head a few weeks before birth ..I take issue with. I would argue that a human fetus is a separate living person from the mother and should be treated as such. Abortion as a convenience is wrong as wrong can be both on a scientific and secular basis.

Watch "Nine Months that Made You"

Abortion is indeed a very contentious issue, but it should nevertheless remain safe and legal and as few as possible for those women who do not want to bring an unwanted child into the world. I say it time and again: if a person is truly against abortion, then they should contribute to Planned Parenthood. There is no organization as good at providing birth control for those who might otherwise not have it due to economic circumstances than PP. the number of abortions that they thereby PREVENT is untold.

I don't know what remains to be said. Maybe you could specify the area of confusion to you.

Oh please.

You said this:
Killing them according to the commandments of God is the best way.

So how does one kill somebody in the "best way" "according to the commandments of god"?

Or to be more specific since you seem to like to play silly games:

When is it okay to kill somebody?

Yes, I know that there's a dedicated abortion forum, but that doesn't mean that we can't attack it from a slightly different tack, i.e. ethics.
As usual, the topic was first brought up in another thread, but it seemed like it needed its own thread. Here's the history:

At which point I asked if he thought that atheists didn't have ethics.

His reply:

And I then asked him these questions:
No, I'm not pro-abortion. I don't know anyone who is pro-abortion.
And even if I was, would that mean that all atheists are pro-abortion?
And are there any self-described religious people that are pro-choice? And if they are, does that mean that they don't have any moral or ethical values? And who assigned you as the person to make that determination?

I then added a couple of more questions:
Is a zygote a future human and is it unethical to end the pregnancy at that point Also: What are the ethics of bringing an unwanted child into the world?

His reply:

So basically he is saying that anyone who is "pro-abortion" is not moral/ethical and that most atheists are pro-abortion, ergo atheists are not ethical.

Your thoughts?

He’s right. It’s good that you see the truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do you people who are so Pro-Life and so Anti-Abortion love to pay the fully developed Fetus slave wagers, outrageous costs of education, expensive health-care and look down on others who are not your race? You're extremely inconsistent. (Plus you enjoy voting for sociopaths)

How about rewriting that with appropriate punctuation?
You might as well explain what slave wagers you are railing about...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone who is pro-abortion is not moral/ethical on that matter.
There is no such thing as a person that is 'pro-abortion' There are people who are pro-choice. There is a huge difference there. It takes a small mind not to understand that.

There is no such thing as a person that is 'pro-abortion' There are people who are pro-choice. There is a huge difference there. It takes a small mind not to understand that.
Those are one and the same.

It's like being pro-murder and being pro-choice when it comes to murder. If you're there and you don't prevent it when you can, your "but-I'm-pro-choice" isn't gonna help you in the court.

It takes an even smaller mind to condone taking the life of an innocent child...

Those are one and the same.

It's like being pro-murder and being pro-choice when it comes to murder. If you're there and you don't prevent it when you can, your "but-I'm-pro-choice" isn't gonna help you in the court.
If its murder call a cop

They can use a laugh

If you are not looking for a believer's

It takes an even smaller mind to condone taking the life of an innocent child...
Then dont kill children

Anyone who is pro-abortion is not moral/ethical on that matter.

there is no universality to morals or ethics

just an FYI because clearly you don't understand this

Back
Top Bottom