• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ABORTION, The Woman's Right

It’s nearly impossible, whether you enjoy debating about politics or not, that you’ve never heard of the argument for and against abortion. It’s already a very large topic in the political world, unless you’ve been living under a rock, I shouldn’t even have to take the time to explain it.
However, before I begin to completely unravel the topic, I’d like to establish the fact that I shouldn’t even be including myself in the argument that is abortion; it’s only a topic that only women going through abortion or accidental pregnancy should discuss. But, as a male, aren’t we all practically apart of the argument already? At this point, we are, and it wouldn’t kill anybody to share my own opinion on abortion.
Nevertheless, I’m noting the fact that abortion is not murder, as most Republicans label it as, it’s most important to know your biology before getting into a political topic like abortion in particular. I guess; I come to find myself teaching a lesson of the human body, and the female womb, in order that you can completely grasp my point in this paragraph. When a female is first impregnated, the baby is merely an embryo, basically a piece of DNA floating around in the womb, not even alive in the least bit. Yet, in the timespan of 9 weeks, that embryo turns itself into a fetus, currently in the process of becoming a human life, certainly in a limbo between life and death; but still not able to feel pain. Not until 11 weeks pass, however, that the fetus is truly able to endure pain, as it develops the important parts of the human body, such as the heart and liver; practically qualifying as a human life. This is my acception to the pro-life activists; I agree an abortion should be prominently denied after a woman is 11 weeks pregnant, right as the baby starts to feel real pain as a human being.
It’s obvious, more than ever, that Republicans don’t understand why those in favor of abortion are labeled as pro-choice; they don’t notice that a child is a choice for another human being to raise, not something to enforce on another person. It’s probably one of the biggest differences between a pro-life activists and a pro-choice activist; the person against abortion cares more for the unborn child, while the person for abortion thinks more about the pregnant woman. We should care more about the pregnant woman, it’s obvious that she’s unable to afford a baby and was impregnated on accident, since she’s getting an abortion in the first place. Yet, since the apposing activists care more for the baby instead, which isn’t alive yet and doesn’t even have a brain, they call her a murderer.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I'm not done with my manifesto about abortion yet anyways, believe me, I have many more points I'd like to make about abortion from the pro-choice point of view. Which, of course, are in support of abortion.

As I have said else where, to argue about "choice" regarding abortion is to argue past the issue. This is not a matter of choice.

The issue is a definition on what constitutes human life and what does not. Very few would argue that a woman who chooses to have her ovaries removed, and this destroys any eggs she may be carrying, is ending human lives; she is clearly not. Similarly, we all agree that a woman cannot make a "choice" to murder her three-week old baby. We see that baby as a human with its own rights, especially the most basic of rights, the right to live.

Somewhere between the zygote and the cutting of the umbilical cord is the debate. "Choice" is a side show.

As I have said else where, to argue about "choice" regarding abortion is to argue past the issue. This is not a matter of choice.

The issue is a definition on what constitutes human life and what does not. Very few would argue that a woman who chooses to have her ovaries removed, and this destroys any eggs she may be carrying, is ending human lives; she is clearly not. Similarly, we all agree that a woman cannot make a "choice" to murder her three-week old baby. We see that baby as a human with its own rights, especially the most basic of rights, the right to live.

Somewhere between the zygote and the cutting of the umbilical cord is the debate. "Choice" is a side show.
Usually, this is where I agree, after 9 months when the child is still in the womb and qualifies as a human life, the abortion should be denied. This is the point where we should care more about the unborn child...

Uh, why, specifically? It seems like all you did was read the title and make your own statement, without reading what I took the time to write.
because killing is evil

There are SO many issues surrounding abortion rights it isn't just as cut and dry as being all in favor of or all against, yet most people don't bother to consider a few details when making their arguments.

First off, abortion is clearly a class thing, if you are poor, want an abortion, and want it badly enough, your only choice if it is illegal is go to a back alley doctor.
If you are rich, you can simply cross the border and get it done.

Next: WHERE is the support for a pregnant woman who does not want to have her child. Simply make it illegal but leave the woman to fend for herself? Perhaps there would be less abortions if the services were in place to support the woman, and offer at no expense to her the opportunity to find willing parents for the child.

The anti-abortionists also fail to explain what they would do if a woman is so determined to have an abortion she will go to a back alley doctor or cross the border. Lock her up? Charge her with murder? No doubt some would go that far, so imagine living in a country run by religious zealots running a police state.

Ideally, every possible support should be provided by the state, to make the choice to keep a baby an attractive one, including free medical, counselling, adoption of the baby, and postnatal care.

Instead we have those who simply say it is a "sin" and want to outlaw abortion without any effort put into supporting a woman's pregnancy so she wouldn't need to abort.

Finally:
1DNf.gif

It’s nearly impossible, whether you enjoy debating about politics or not, that you’ve never heard of the argument for and against abortion. It’s already a very large topic in the political world, unless you’ve been living under a rock, I shouldn’t even have to take the time to explain it.
However, before I begin to completely unravel the topic, I’d like to establish the fact that I shouldn’t even be including myself in the argument that is abortion; it’s only a topic that only women going through abortion or accidental pregnancy should discuss. But, as a male, aren’t we all practically apart of the argument already? At this point, we are, and it wouldn’t kill anybody to share my own opinion on abortion.
Nevertheless, I’m noting the fact that abortion is not murder, as most Republicans label it as, it’s most important to know your biology before getting into a political topic like abortion in particular. I guess; I come to find myself teaching a lesson of the human body, and the female womb, in order that you can completely grasp my point in this paragraph. When a female is first impregnated, the baby is merely an embryo, basically a piece of DNA floating around in the womb, not even alive in the least bit. Yet, in the timespan of 9 weeks, that embryo turns itself into a fetus, currently in the process of becoming a human life, certainly in a limbo between life and death; but still not able to feel pain. Not until 11 weeks pass, however, that the fetus is truly able to endure pain, as it develops the important parts of the human body, such as the heart and liver; practically qualifying as a human life. This is my acception to the pro-life activists; I agree an abortion should be prominently denied after a woman is 11 weeks pregnant, right as the baby starts to feel real pain as a human being.
It’s obvious, more than ever, that Republicans don’t understand why those in favor of abortion are labeled as pro-choice; they don’t notice that a child is a choice for another human being to raise, not something to enforce on another person. It’s probably one of the biggest differences between a pro-life activists and a pro-choice activist; the person against abortion cares more for the unborn child, while the person for abortion thinks more about the pregnant woman. We should care more about the pregnant woman, it’s obvious that she’s unable to afford a baby and was impregnated on accident, since she’s getting an abortion in the first place. Yet, since the apposing activists care more for the baby instead, which isn’t alive yet and doesn’t even have a brain, they call her a murderer.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I'm not done with my manifesto about abortion yet anyways, believe me, I have many more points I'd like to make about abortion from the pro-choice point of view. Which, of course, are in support of abortion.
Killing babies in the womb is vile and unconscionable. No matter how many dances you do, you can't justify it.

Actually, the law very much does justify it.
Roe v. Wade hardly talks about babies @ all - most of the focus there seems to be on the pregnant woman's decision on whether or not to abort the fetus, & setting up a way to coordinate her right of choice, the medical practitioners' responsibilities to the patient & the law, & the state's interest in gaining a citizen - as well as respecting the right of the woman to choose.

Roe v. Wade hardly talks about babies @ all - most of the focus there seems to be on the pregnant woman's decision on whether or not to abort the fetus, & setting up a way to coordinate her right of choice, the medical practitioners' responsibilities to the patient & the law, & the state's interest in gaining a citizen - as well as respecting the right of the woman to choose.
. . . . . as it should be.

Killing babies in the womb is vile and unconscionable. No matter how many dances you do, you can't justify it.
Are there babies in the womb? Funny, because Roe doesn't say anything about babies in the womb. Roe seems to think that babies only exist after their birth.

Arguments are always one-sided where women have all the rights, and men have none.

Arguments are always one-sided where women have all the rights, and men have none.
Men don't have no rights when it comes to reproduction, they can always not put it in.

Roe v Wade is wrong, as we’ve already established. You don’t use it as a guide to justify......Roe v Wade. It’s like saying abortion is legal because it’s legal

Roe v Wade is wrong, as we’ve already established. You don’t use it as a guide to justify......Roe v Wade. It’s like saying abortion is legal because it’s legal

Your opinion about Roe vs. Wade being wrong is discarded as just that, your opinion. Good thing your opinion means jack and shit.

Men have the same rights as women, to do with their bodies as they wish, if there IS a difference, is that men still to this day feel entitled to tell a woman what to do with her's.

You've repeatedly averred that Roe is wrong. But that's not the same as established, not in the World, not in a court of law. There are legal precedents to Roe, & those have held up all this time, since Roe was issued. You might look into that, if you're interested in the decision.

God. He is the supreme ruler of Earth and his stance on abortion is clear- it is evil
Uh . . . no. God has never said that. Does you think god speaks to you directly? Or through some intermediary like a burning bush?

Back
Top Bottom