• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"Abortion should be safe, legal, and rare"-Bill Clinton 1992

Jackfrost_LDS8128

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
What happened?

While I agree with that statement on the surface, especially the rare part, we all know where abortion is now, "abortion on demand". Just like changing your socks.

What changed since then? Or did Clinton just deceive everyone?

What are your thoughts?

What happened?

While I agree with that statement on the surface, especially the rare part, we all know where abortion is now, "abortion on demand". Just like changing your socks.

What are your thoughts?

You are posting typical right wing fiction. Abortion on demand is bullshit spewed by ignorant people and people who don't really give a shit about doing anything to reduce abortions. Planned parenthood does far more to prevent abortion, provide birth control and education to people, as well as affordable reproduction related healthcare than the Christian Taliban doing nothing but preventing sex educations, access to healthcare, and trying to make it illegal. And they certainly don't do anything to help those in need be able to afford and take care of the kid once it is born

Abortions continue to decline
Between 2011 and 2017, the U.S. abortion landscape changed significantly. As documented by the Guttmacher Institute’s periodic abortion provider census, all the main measures of abortion declined, including the number of abortions, the abortion rate and the abortion ratio.1,2 The declines are part of trends that go back decades.

• The number of abortions fell by 196,000—a 19% decline from 1,058,000 abortions in 2011 to 862,000 abortions in 2017.1,2
  • The abortion rate (the number of abortions per 1,000 women aged 15–44) fell by 20%, from 16.9 in 2011 to 13.5 in 2017.
  • The abortion ratio (the number of abortions per 100 pregnancies ending in either abortion or live birth) fell 13%, from 21.2 in 2011 to 18.4 in 2017.

You are posting typical right wing fiction. Abortion on demand is bullshit spewed by ignorant people and people who don't really give a shit about doing anything to reduce abortions. Planned parenthood does far more to prevent abortion, provide birth control and education to people, as well as affordable reproduction related healthcare than the Christian Taliban doing nothing but preventing sex educations, access to healthcare, and trying to make it illegal. And they certainly don't do anything to help those in need be able to afford and take care of the kid once it is born

Abortions continue to decline

I'm "right wing" and pro-choice. Abortion is not a left/right issue but a rational versus irrational (aka religious) one.

What happened?

What are your thoughts?

i have no idea what this has to do with Clinton but in general, abortion is safe, legal and rare🤷‍♂️

as always there's a few states/bills trying to make it illegal but we are a first world country and the equal, civil, legal rights of women will prevail in the end like usual

i have no idea what this has to do with Clinton but in general, abortion is safe, legal and rare🤷‍♂️

as always there's a few states/bills trying to make it illegal but we are a first world country and the equal, civil, legal rights of women will prevail in the end like usual
Well, to be more specific, Clinton and the democratic party of 1992.

And really, you have no idea what this has to do with Clinton? Usually when there are quotes, with a dash and someone's name, it means they said those words.

I'm "right wing" and pro-choice. Abortion is not a left/right issue but a rational versus irrational (aka religious) one.
True, nothing is absolute and everybody doesn't fit into a box. But it definitely is heavily right wing leaning to be against anti choice and make dishonest comments like the OP did.

Well, to be more specific, Clinton and the democratic party of 1992.
again what do they factually have to do with it?

And really, you have no idea what this has to do with Clinton? Usually when there are quotes, with a dash and someone's name, it means they said those words.
whoopty do, a president "said something" LOL
what does he factually have to do with it, you seem to be dodging the question . . .

again in general in general, abortion is safe, legal and rare🤷‍♂️

True, nothing is absolute and everybody doesn't fit into a box. But it definitely is heavily right wing leaning to be against anti choice and make dishonest comments like the OP did.
Only in the USA and backward theocracies.

What happened?

What are your thoughts?
On-demand would be the "legal" part.

Actual numbers of abortions did in fact decline.

Please attempt to be more honest.

Democrats do far more to limit abortion, they support the below which for the most part Republicans opposed

1. Teaching sex education in schools. This prevents unwanted pregancy by teaching responsible sexual activities which is perfectly natural. Telling a human "don't have sex" does not and many of people grown up in that way end up getting pregnant
2. Access to affordable birth control. Colorado started teaching sex ed and providing access to birth control and teen pregnancy rates dropped. Many red states have the highest teen pregnancy rates
3. Supporting Planned Parenthood- biggest provider of the above 2, particularly free or greatly reduced birth control, which for poor people is not that cheap so they may not be using them
4. Providing supporting in terms of welfare, food stamps, a nd other services to mothers who have a kid and need help. Republicans tend to shit on those people and tell them tough luck, deal with it on your own.

What happened?

What are your thoughts?
Totally... just like changing your socks.

Gender check.

Yep... male.

Figures you would say something so callous.

Democrats do far more to limit abortion, they support the below which for the most part Republicans opposed

1. Teaching sex education in schools. This prevents unwanted pregancy by teaching responsible sexual activities which is perfectly natural. Telling a human "don't have sex" does not and many of people grown up in that way end up getting pregnant
2. Access to affordable birth control. Colorado started teaching sex ed and providing access to birth control and teen pregnancy rates dropped. Many red states have the highest teen pregnancy rates
3. Supporting Planned Parenthood- biggest provider of the above 2, particularly free or greatly reduced birth control, which for poor people is not that cheap so they may not be using them
4. Providing supporting in terms of welfare, food stamps, a nd other services to mothers who have a kid and need help. Republicans tend to shit on those people and tell them tough luck, deal with it on your own.
Here in Sweden all political parties agree on !, 2 and 4. So we have no need of an organisation equivalent to Planned Parenthood.

Btw mothers who need help here do not get ,'food stamps' they get money.

Totally... just like changing your socks.

Gender check.

Yep... male.

Figures you would say something so callous.
I suppose you mean sex check as "gender check" is meaningless wokery.

What happened?

What are your thoughts?

Every abortion is an abortion that's needed. Only the individual woman knows her risks and circumstances. If the socio-economic conditions in women's lives were improved, and birth control 100% effective, then there would be fewer abortions.

As it is, by far more women choose to give birth and the abortion rate has been going down for years.

So, what is your issue? Do you think you or the govt are entitled to tell women what they need and dont need? Do you think there is a shortage of people in the US? There's not...there are millions of people that would love to immigrate to the US legally.

Last edited:
Here in Sweden all political parties agree on !, 2 and 4. So we have no need of an organisation equivalent to Planned Parenthood.

Btw mothers who need help here do not get ,'food stamps' they get money.

I didn't catch it at first that you are from Sweden. You aren't American right wing, so your views likely do not come anywhere close to what is considered right wing in this country. Sweden, along with many other European countries, take care of their people, the government works for the people, and it shows with the higher quality of life. The US is all about greed, the wealthy control the government, control the messaging as they own the media, and the government works to help enrich the wealthy. Particularly the American right wing and republicans, they do nothing for the people.

I suspect its possible many democrat politicians are the same way, they probably don't want a full majority because then they couldn't hide behind republicans and blue dog democrats blocking everything the democrat voters want, because they too are bought and paid for by the big money

Gender/Sex Pretty much the same thing.

It is about being sensitive to the feelings of others.
NO! 'Sex' is real, 'Gender' is fiction. We should not be "sensitive to the feelings " of those attempting to bully society into supporting their inventions. Personally I would chuck them into the nearest billabong, but that's just me.

What happened?

What are your thoughts?
What happen the rate of abortions dropped dramatically in the United States.
What changed since then better sex education and better birth control options.

In 1992 the abortion rate in the US was 23 per 1,000 women of childbearing years.
By 2017 the abortion was much rarer.

2017 there were 13 abortions per 1,000 women of childbearing years.

NO! 'Sex' is real, 'Gender' is fiction.
Gender is just the new term about how people feel about themselves. So what? Doesn't affect you so why do you care?
We should not be "sensitive to the feelings " of those attempting to bully society into supporting their inventions.
Oh, poor society. Caitlyn Jenner thinks he is a man and dares to ask to be treated respectfully by calling him a her.
Personally I would chuck them into the nearest billabong
Sweden?

Trust me, if you're Swedish, you're not right wing.

In the old days we used to tell a joke about the difference between Britain and the US. A BBC person was trying to explain US politics to a fellow Brit. He said, "They have the Republican Party, which is much like our Conservative Party. And they have the Democratic Party, which is much like our Conservative Party."

An American right winger in Sweden would leave Sweden.

Trust me, if you're Swedish, you're not right wing.

In the old days we used to tell a joke about the difference between Britain and the US. A BBC person was trying to explain US politics to a fellow Brit. He said, "They have the Republican Party, which is much like our Conservative Party. And they have the Democratic Party, which is much like our Conservative Party."

An American right winger in Sweden would leave Sweden.
"Trust me" you say. I've tried but have given up. Sorry. I reserve the right to define my political position for myself. You see, I'm a dual national; Swedish and British. I accept, to some extent, what you say about the US right but - I hope you will be too shocked to hear this - the USA is not the world.

"Trust me" you say. I've tried but have given up. Sorry. I reserve the right to define my political position for myself. You see, I'm a dual national; Swedish and British. I accept, to some extent, what you say about the US right but - I hope you will be too shocked to hear this - the USA is not the world.
Agreed. But the right wing world-wide is pretty much the far right now. The US far right has friends all over, and they're almost never pro-choice - they're cosy with dictators, the mafia, yakuza, taliban, etc.

What happened?

What are your thoughts?
Why should anyone care what he said? I don't give a fat rat's behind what Clinton said. And I don't care how many there are as long as every woman that wants one gets one.

Back
Top Bottom