• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Abortion Poll

How should we handle abortion?

• Abortions for all!

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Abortions for none!

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Abortions for some, miniature American flags for others!

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters

molten_dragon

Anti-Hypocrite
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Well, what's it going to be?

This poll is not intended to be serious, I'm just bored. Feel free to move it to the basement if you want.

abortions for medical neccessity only.

Well, what's it going to be?

Simpson's reference get's a thanks.

But in a perfect world, it would be abortion for serious medical conditions only.

Serious medical or withing the first month or two...

Abortion is a matter of a woman's reproductive rights that she can exercise with the consultation of her professional medical practitioner.

This is my most conflicting issue and I generally try to stay away from it.

I believe that everything about a person's body is under the ownership and jurisdiction of that person. The state does not have jurisdiction over the contents of any individual's body. Therefore, I would have to support the woman's right to choose. On the other hand, I don't believe partial-birth abortions should be legal, and I certainly don't go as far as some on the left (like Peter Singer) who believe infanticide should be legal.

Right to life > Right to body

ps. Organ donation/sale for life-saving operations should be mandatory. I mean for dead people, of course.

Last edited:
This is my most conflicting issue and I generally try to stay away from it.

I believe that everything about a person's body is under the ownership and jurisdiction of that person. The state does not have jurisdiction over the contents of any individual's body.

Me too. In the case of a pregnant woman, there are two living human bodies involved. The fetus should have the rights to his/her body as well. Abortions should be illegal except in rare instances when the mother's life is in danger.

Reactions: mac
ps. Organ donation/sale for life-saving operations should be mandatory. I mean for dead people, of course.

Hmmmm.......this I have to think about....

I say abortion for none. The only exception would be to save the life of a mother and only confirmed by multiple unbiased doctors.

I say abortion for none. The only exception would be to save the life of a mother and only confirmed by multiple unbiased doctors.

I totally agree with this. Mostly for the simple fact an abortion provider could find a doctor who would go oh there is the 1 percent chance the mother's life would be endanger if she gave c-section or vaginal birth and then huge vast majority who have abortions for frivolous reasons would suddenly change to life endangerment as a reason to have abortion.

I totally agree with this. Mostly for the simple fact an abortion provider could find a doctor who would go oh there is the 1 percent chance the mother's life would be endanger if she gave c-section or vaginal birth and then huge vast majority who have abortions for frivolous reasons would suddenly change to life endangerment as a reason to have abortion.

Frivolous reasons like not having enough money? Frivolous reasons like being very young? Frivolous reasons like having no family support system? Frivolous reasons like already having all the children you can reasonably care for?

Frivolous reasons like not having enough money?

WIC,foodstamps.

Frivolous reasons like being very young? Frivolous reasons like having no family support system? Frivolous reasons like already having all the children you can reasonably care for?

If it was truly an issue of not wanting a child as most of you abortionist claim, then you can simply give the child up for adoption. I believe all 50 states have safe haven laws so you can drop off a unwanted baby at designated locations with no questions asked. Unless your life will be lost as a result of a c-section or vaginal birth during any point of the pregnancy then abortion for any other reason is frivolous.

http://library.adoption.com/articles/infant-safe-haven-laws.html

http://library.adoption.com/articles/infant-safe-haven-laws-oklahoma.html

Last edited:
Me too. In the case of a pregnant woman, there are two living human bodies involved. The fetus should have the rights to his/her body as well. Abortions should be illegal except in rare instances when the mother's life is in danger.

If you really want to go that far, then the state should stop issuing birth certificates and instead issue conception certificates. And all miscarriages must then be investigated by the state to discover whether it was a complete accident, or induced by the mother. If a miscarriage is found to be induced by the mother, then she is to be charged for murder.

You might even possibly charge the mother with manslaughter if it was an accident that could have been avoided.

Last edited:
First trimester unrestricted, some restrictions of second trimester, and third trimester only for medical necessity. Where I'd draw the line, admittedly is not as clear.

Call me crazy hard-line pro-lifers and pro-choicers, but I see a difference between a few dozen cells and a fetus that is almost full term.

First trimester unrestricted, some restrictions of second trimester, and third trimester only for medical necessity. Where I'd draw the line, admittedly is not as clear.

Call me crazy hard-line pro-lifers and pro-choicers, but I see a difference between a few dozen cells and a fetus that is almost full term.

This is where it gets really tricky.

I always thought the second trimester was the best place to draw the line (as it currently stands in CA). However, if you look at a photograph of a five-month-old fetus, it's pretty shocking to think that's what an individual will be disposing.

This one issue has torn me apart.

"So, pregnant lady, you are very likely going to die. But I can't help you yet. You need to make several appointments with different doctors and get them to fill out the paperwork saying you are indeed dying. Oh, and your insurance policy likely won't cover these redundant appointments and tests, because they are, well, redundant. So you're screwed. See my receptionist on the way out!"

"So, pregnant lady, you are very likely going to die. But I can't help you yet. You need to make several appointments with different doctors and get them to fill out the paperwork saying you are indeed dying. Oh, and your insurance policy likely won't cover these redundant appointments and tests, because they are, well, redundant. So you're screwed. See my receptionist on the way out!"

"Hey proabortion doctor, can you sign off on this saying I will most likely die as a result of Caesarean section or vaginal birth during any point of the pregnancy". Because we all know how honest abortionist are and wouldn't skirt the law by having corrupt doctors provide abortions for false reasons or go to do a back ally abortions .

Last edited:

Only when it threatens the mother's life.

"Hey proabortion doctor, can you sign off on this saying I will most likely die as a result of Caesarean section or vaginal birth during any point of the pregnancy". Because we all know how honest abortionist are and wouldn't skirt the law by having corrupt doctors provide abortions for false reasons or go to do a back ally abortions .

Yeah, this is not a strong argument for the legislation you are proposing. If there is one "corrupt" doctor willing to provide abortions on request, there will be more. It will only waste time and money sending women to more than one. And women will be harmed as a result. I would be proud to work with one of these "corrupt" doctors in the scenario you are describing. If abortion ever becomes illegal, I may do just that.

Yeah, this is not a strong argument for the legislation you are proposing

Yes it is. Abortionist are not the most honest people and many have stated that they would use an illegal means of obtaining abortion or helping others obtain an abortion if it became illegal.

If there is one "corrupt" doctor willing to provide abortions on request, there will be more.

Which is why there should be more than one doctor's opinion in granting an abortion in a life of death situation of the mother.

It will only waste time and money sending women to more than one.

Not it won't. If you got dire news regarding your health you seek multiple opinions.Why should seeing if giving vaginal birth or c-section could kill you be any different?

And women will be harmed as a result.

Going to more than one doctor for a medical okay will not harm the woman.

I would be proud to work with one of these "corrupt" doctors in the scenario you are describing. If abortion ever becomes illegal, I may do just that.

You openly admit that you would try to find ways to circumvent any anti-abortion laws and you expect abortionist to be trusted. Seem like you are just shooting yourself in the foot here while arguing that going to multiple doctors to verify if a vaginal birth or c-section at any point during the pregnancy would kill the mother would be a total waste of time. The fact you would fight such a thing and openly admit that you would help others seek an illegal abortion only proves the need for multiple doctors opinions regarding the risk to the mothers life if abortion ever became illegal.

Last edited:
I'd vote LOL or for Kayne West.. but those are not options :(

Back
Top Bottom