• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Abortion Poll

How should we handle abortion?

• Abortions for all!

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Abortions for none!

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Abortions for some, miniature American flags for others!

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters
First trimester unrestricted, some restrictions of second trimester, and third trimester only for medical necessity. Where I'd draw the line, admittedly is not as clear.

Call me crazy hard-line pro-lifers and pro-choicers, but I see a difference between a few dozen cells and a fetus that is almost full term.
i'm with you it supports my "brain life"=life arguement.

Preventing legal abortions is just one more way to control a woman's sexuality and make her unable to make her own sexual choices. I saw a comment saying that babies should be simply given up for adoption instead of being aborted. I ask you about this situation, then.

A girl gets pregnant. She's seventeen. Her parents are very religious, and will throw her out of the house if they discover that she is pregnant. She has good grades, and is on the road to getting a scholarship to go to a good college, but if she is forced to work and pay rent to live somewhere else, her grades will slip. If her grades slip, she will be unable to go to college, and will never be able to get the good job she wants. However, if she can abort the pregnancy in secret, her life will not be completely screwed up because of the opinions of another.

Why does she deserve this fate? What could be done to prevent it? The only solution other than abortion is telling her "you shouldn't have had sex in the first place." So women don't have as free a choice about when they can have sex? That, my friend, is discrimination on a MASSIVE level.

Abortion is a terrible thing. But it prevents other things that are even worse. And sometimes you just have to pick the lesser evil.

Abortions for all, people ruin the environment.

WIC,foodstamps.

If it was truly an issue of not wanting a child as most of you abortionist claim, then you can simply give the child up for adoption. I believe all 50 states have safe haven laws so you can drop off a unwanted baby at designated locations with no questions asked. Unless your life will be lost as a result of a c-section or vaginal birth during any point of the pregnancy then abortion for any other reason is frivolous.

Infant Safe Haven Laws

Infant Safe Haven Laws- Oklahoma -

22,000 children die each day from malnutrition. US Adoption is not adequate for the challenge.

Today, over 22,000 children died around the world ? Global Issues

Contraception is not sufficiently avaialabel tothe poor.

For instance, the Catholic church plans to block contraceptives for eh poor in the Phillipines:

Catholic groups gear up vs Aquino policy on contraceptives - INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos

Contraceptive money for the poor will be blocked by the Pro-Life US House.

//

You either don't understand what medical emergencies pregnant women can face or don't care. The fact that you would force a woman to see several doctors and waste time when her life is on the line proves that.

Yes, there will be thousands of "corrupt" abortion doctors. As there should be. Maybe you can't trust them to follow your theoretical laws imposing your personal morality, but you can trust them to do what's best for their patient.

Abortion on demand until third trimester, then only for medically-necessary or fetal deformity reasons. Anyone who wants an abortion probably isn't going to make a decent parent to begin with.

Yeah, not wanting a child tends to make one a bad parent when they are given one.

Gee, it would be nice if I only had to deal with the things in my life I wanted to deal with.

Gee, it would be nice if I only had to deal with the things in my life I wanted to deal with.

Then isn't it nice that in this case, they do?

Well isn't it great that in this case you CAN choose if you want to deal with it?

Maybe we should pass a law that says if you want to kill your unborn baby, you should have to do it yourself. A doctor with birth it, but then you'll have to club it like a baby seal.

Reactions: mac
Maybe we should pass a law that says if you want to kill your unborn baby, you should have to do it yourself. A doctor with birth it, but then you'll have to club it like a baby seal.

Do you not realize that in nearly all cases of abortion the baby would be dead before you had a chance to club it?

Many abortions are done by the women themselves, as all they have to do is take an abortive agent in pill form. As for performing a later term abortion on yourself....that would be a little tricky. Equal to trying to give yourself a gyno exam while sedated.

Back
Top Bottom