• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Abortion Poll

Abortion should be legal in all or most cases?

• Total voters

Spunkylama

Requested Profile Delete. Bye
Banned
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Abortion should be legal in all or most cases.​

Oh, yes, yes, yes,

Women who decide to get an abortion are doing themselves a favor, a favor to the aborted fetus, and to the nation.

Oh, yes, yes, yes,

Women who decide to get an abortion are doing themselves a favor, a favor to the aborted fetus, and to the nation.
Interesting so you don't agree with pro-lifers that all fetuses must be born, if put in the system they can just suck from the government teat. So much for getting people off government aide and small government republicans...

Whatever the legal merits of Roe v. Wade, most Americans think the gestation guidelines are a reasonable compromise. A six week embryo is a choice. A twenty six week fetus is a child. In between is one hell of an argument.

Legal in most cases as in elective abortion? No. Legal because actual doctors said carrying the child to 50% viability will cause the mother to lose her life, some condition that causes the baby to be born without a brain or some other special circumstance then sure abortion should be legal.

still cannot figure why women just don't take the pill......obviously this is not the total solution to the need for an abortion as some women cannot use the pill due to physical reasons but looks like it would eliminate part of the problem......in addition why have sex if you do not want a pregnancy......

I voted yes.
I did as well however I am not pro abortion, I would prefer that. Abortions be kept to a bare minimum through planed parenthood etc…

However I do not have the proper plumbing to tell any woman what to do with her body, so I’m in no position to interfere with a woman’s choice…

still cannot figure why women just don't take the pill......obviously this is not the total solution to the need for an abortion as some women cannot use the pill due to physical reasons but looks like it would eliminate part of the problem......in addition why have sex if you do not want a pregnancy......
Because it’s fun!!!

Republicans love to talk about babies. Then they refuse to help take care of them.

We're funny that way. We think a baby's parents should take care of them, not the government.

What I wonder is who pays for the pregnancy and birth? If you're going to force a woman to carry to term, who pays her medical?

I’m “pro-life”, but not anti-choice.

Period

What I wonder is who pays for the pregnancy and birth? If you're going to force a woman to carry to term, who pays her medical?
We're not supposed to care. Just have the kid, and shut up.

Whatever the legal merits of Roe v. Wade, most Americans think the gestation guidelines are a reasonable compromise. A six week embryo is a choice. A twenty six week fetus is a child. In between is one hell of an argument.
A fetus is always a fetus. A child is never a fetus.

Abortion should be legal in all or most cases.​

I voted yes. I will just note that the MS law being ruled on by the Supreme Court actually leaves abortion legal "in all or most cases".

I prefer women not terminate their pregnancies, but would not support a law denying them the right.
That's a pro-choice position, not a pro-life one.

Back
Top Bottom