• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:79]Abortion Poll

Do you believe abortion ought to be outlawed in all circumstances?

• yes

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • no

Votes: 69 95.8%
  • On the authority of God’s inerrant Word I affirm that abortion ought to be outlawed in all circumsta

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I believe abortion should be outlawed because that is the teaching of the Church of Rome.

• I believe abortion should be outlawed not because of church tradition, but because of what the Bible

• Total voters

Noah Hirsch

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
This is a poll about people’s views on abortion.

It is about abortion, but it is also about people’s various reasons for being against abortion.

It is about abortion, but it is also about people’s various reasons for being against abortion.

Seems to be about YOUR religious views vis-a-vis abortion.

Not being religious, I could care less about your Bible admonitions.

This is a poll about people’s views on abortion.
The Word of God, to which you are not privileged, has relevance.
The Catholic Church does not speak for God - their incessant violations of the teachings of Jesus Christ has made them not relevant

I say we give money to women to have abortions. Maybe $20,000. Probably be a lot cheaper in the long run plus the benefit of not having to stand in lines for just-about-everything.

What are your reasons for doing so?

We should add to the Word of God. We should not say He said things He did not. “Add thou not unto his words...” (Proverbs 30:6 ASV)
You do not speak for god.

God has declared his support for abortion

We should add to the Word of God. We should not say He said things He did not. “Add thou not unto his words...” (Proverbs 30:6 ASV)

Proverbs is not a reliable source

What are your grounds of asserting that God has declared His support for abortion?

You do not speak for god.

The book of Numbers does.

Numbers 5:23

23 “‘The priest is to write these curses on a scroll and then wash them off into the bitter water. 24 He shall make the woman drink the bitter water that brings a curse, and this water that brings a curse and causes bitter suffering will enter her. 25 The priest is to take from her hands the grain offering for jealousy, wave it before the Lord and bring it to the altar. 26 The priest is then to take a handful of the grain offering as a memorial[c] offering and burn it on the altar; after that, he is to have the woman drink the water. 27 If she has made herself impure and been unfaithful to her husband, this will be the result: When she is made to drink the water that brings a curse and causes bitter suffering, it will enter her, her abdomen will swell and her womb will miscarry, and she will become a curse. 28 If, however, the woman has not made herself impure, but is clean, she will be cleared of guilt and will be able to have children.

We should add to the Word of God
“Add thou not unto his words.
I'm confused

He did not tell you, but maybe a demon did.
I put a no solicitors sign on my door so demons leave me alone. Vampires are a problem though, need to get a sign to keep them away too.

Back
Top Bottom