• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Abortion Laws Around the World

superskippy

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
What are the abortion requirments if at all in your country, I'm intrested in Europeon laws on it, and also criteria for American abortions since it is such a big issue over there. (As I understand the next Justice may change the law over this issue?)

For Israel the criteria is as follows.

She is under 18 or over 40 (cost to those in between: 1,500 shekels [$370]).

She is carrying a fetus with a serious mental or physical defect (free).

She claims that the fetus results from forbidden relations such as rape or incest (free) or, in the case of a married woman, that the baby is not her husband's (not free). Single women also fall under this clause, and they too must pay.

She shows that by continuing the pregnancy, her physical or mental health would be damaged (free).

Another requirment added in 1980

A woman who seeks to terminate a pregnancy must appear before one of the 41 abortion committees operating in public and private hospitals around the country. These committees include a physician whose field of expertise is obstetrics and gynecology; another physician who is either a family doctor, psychiatrist, internist or gynecologist and a social worker. At least one woman must be present on each committee.

And under no circumstance will a hospital in Jerusalem do an abortion.

That's our law on the issue now I'd like to hear from the rest of you.

Back
Top Bottom