• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

abortion is self-defense

Omniscient

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
right wingers like the idea of self defense

well, abortion is self defense

so i have a right to kill anyone who tries to grow inside my body without my permission

------------------

abortion is also protection of private property

my body is my private property.

so i have a right to kill anyone who tries to grow inside it without my permission

Care to point out where it is written that you have a right to kill?

so i have a right to kill anyone who tries to grow inside my body without my permission

------------------

so i have a right to kill anyone who tries to grow inside it without my permission

If it were possible, at the same stage as an early abortion and for the same cost, to remove the child from your body without killing it, would that be a satisfactory alternative to killing it?

If it were possible, at the same stage as an early abortion and for the same cost, to remove the child from your body without killing it, would that be a satisfactory alternative to killing it?

no because they would still make people pay child support

which is harmful.

------------------

It's not self-defense.
Self-defense is................................................. USING CONTRACEPTION!

The woman CREATED the human being in her womb. She permitted a man to assist in this creation!
That she doesn't want to have this baby doesn't justify murder.

She has another option - give him up for adoption.
She doesn't want to inconvenience herself for 9 months? Too darn bad.
She doesn't want to take the risks or anything unpleasant involved in child-bearing? Cry me a river.
She should've thought about that before having unprotected sex.

She's lucky if she didn't get AIDS, or any std too!
If unwanted pregnancy didn't scare her enough to take precaution - STDs should! Silly cow.

She shouldn't have created him in the first place. Moron woman.

Last edited:
It's not self-defense.
Self-defense is................................................. USING CONTRACEPTION!

The woman CREATED the human being in her womb. She permitted a man to assist in this creation!

She doesn't want to take the risks or anything unpleasant involved in child-bearing? Cry me a river.

If unwanted pregnancy didn't scare her enough to take precaution - STDs should! Silly cow.

woman didnt decide to create baby, it was forced on her

this is forced harm of her person and property

therefore self defense is justified

no because they would still make people pay child support

which is harmful.

Right, so it's not about self-defense then. Even when we remove the "intruder" from the equation, you still claim a right to kill it.

Right, so it's not about self-defense then. Even when we remove the "intruder" from the equation, you still claim a right to kill it.

everything in life can be boiled down to either helping me or hurting me

if it helps me its my friend, and i will help it back and enter into a coequal cooperative mutually beneficial relationship

if it hurts me its my enemy and i will leave if i can and if not i have a god given right to kill it

so are you helping me or hurting me? haha

------------------

We get it already Bud.

You're a really *edgy* person that says a lot of whacky and bizarre stuff.
OK? Stop trying so hard.

everything in life can be boiled down to either helping me or hurting me

if it helps me its my friend, and i will help it back and enter into a coequal cooperative mutually beneficial relationship

if it hurts me its my enemy and i will leave if i can and if not i have a god given right to kill it

so are you helping me or hurting me? haha

Wait, so you feel authorized to kill anything that "hurts" you, even unintentionally, that you can't escape from?

It's not self-defense.

It's the sperm penetrating the egg - which is sitting there minding it's own business - that causes pregnancy. 50+% of women who abort were using contraception. Abortion is not murder - that is fact.

Perhaps anti choicers should "cry me a river", since abortion is perfectly legal and women do avail themselves of this option. Pregnancy has a high chance of killing me - I will abort if I get pregnant. And I do not sleep around. I'm monogamous.

It's not self-defense.

When the major part of your comment is the denigration of women and the movement you espouse has listed all hormonal contraceptives as illegal abortafacients one is inclined to ignore your thoughts on the issue.

It's not self-defense.

Tell it to a rape victim.

Of course, it is about self-defense. The embryo that one did not choose to make is a personification of the claim that one is one flesh with the male who impregnated the woman. If she said no to sex or even just no to pregnancy, by use of contraception, then the embryo is a slander, a libel, and an accusation of that woman. It has no right to say that. Talk to us all about it when you have the genetic engineering technology to make it stop doing that.

woman didnt decide to create baby, it was forced on her

this is forced harm of her person and property

therefore self defense is justified

Hahahahaha

If that's what she says - lol, then she's really a moron!

I'm all for FORCED STERILIZATION for those kind of women!
Don't even give them any chance of passing that gene!
That's the best remedy for everyone!

Who needs women like that perpetuating the stereotypical female...... AIRHEADS?
They're a blight to all females!

Hahahahaha

If that's what she says - lol, then she's really a moron!

I'm all for FORCED STERILIZATION for those kind of women!
Don't even give them any chance of passing that gene!
That's the best remedy for everyone!

Who needs women like that perpetuating the stereotypical female...... AIRHEADS?
They're a blight to all females!
Strong, independent, self-respecting women usually don't find it necessary to denigrate other women. Women who are forced into bringing an unwanted pregnancy to term because state laws have restricted abortion services and outlawed hormonal contraceptives are not stereotypical of women nor are they airheads.

Tell it to a rape victim.

:rolleyes:

Rape victims mostly get medical help, to prevent STD and pregnancy among other things.
A "rape kit" is also part of standard procedures.

Goals of rape evaluation are

• Medical assessment and treatment of injuries and assessment, treatment, and prevention of pregnancy and STDs
  • Collection of forensic evidence
  • Psychologic evaluation
  • Recommendation of crisis intervention and psychologic support
If patients seek advice before medical evaluation, they are told not to throw out or change clothing, wash, shower, douche, brush their teeth, clip their fingernails, or use mouthwash; doing so may destroy evidence.

Though rape can result in unwanted pregnancy - it doesn't justify giving the green light for every women to kill their unborn for whatever reason they may have.

Something's terribly broken when people have to answer for shooting a fleeing robber who'd just violated the privacy of their own homes -
and yet, we say its okay to kill an innocent unborn! No questions asked!

Frequency of pregnancy related to rape: The number and percent of pregnancies resulting from rape is frequently overstated. There are two main reasons why relatively few rapes result in pregnancy. The average rate of pregnancy from a single act of unprotected sexual intercourse ranges from 2 to 4 percent.5 In addition, 10.9 percent of U.S. women of childbearing age are infertile6 and over 41 percent have undergone surgical sterilization or are using a continuous form of contraception, reducing (though not eliminating) the likelihood of pregnancy.7 A survey of U.S. women's reasons for choosing abortion found that only one percent reported "rape" as a reason and less than one half of one percent reported that rape was the main reason.8

Last edited:
Strong, independent, self-respecting women usually don't find it necessary to denigrate other women. Women who are forced into bringing an unwanted pregnancy to term because state laws have restricted abortion services and outlawed hormonal contraceptives are not stereotypical of women nor are they airheads.

Strong, independent, self-respecting human beings usually come to the defense
of a helpless child!

They don't gang-up like lunatic village folks waving their pitchforks - promoting and screaming
for the access to kill children!

Sensible, NORMAL people............ fight monsters who prey on children!

.......and you're offended because these self-absorbed, abortion-happy airheads are denigrated as..................morons?

Hahahaha that's funny! Oh, boy. Hahahaha

Last edited:
Of course, it is about self-defense. The embryo that one did not choose to make is a personification of the claim that one is one flesh with the male who impregnated the woman. If she said no to sex or even just no to pregnancy, by use of contraception, then the embryo is a slander, a libel, and an accusation of that woman. It has no right to say that. Talk to us all about it when you have the genetic engineering technology to make it stop doing that.

Self-defense may only be invoked when it involves a deliberate attacker. The unborn child is not that. Moreover, you can't claim self-defense when killing someone for slander and libel.

Self-defense may only be invoked when it involves a deliberate attacker.

Link, please - because IIRC, it can involve accidental attackers, too. One has a right to defend themselves from harm.

Link, please - because IIRC, it can involve accidental attackers, too. One has a right to defend themselves from harm.

1620068561544.png

Do you think it's reasonable to consider the fetus a deadly threat to the mother, no different than someone attacking her with a knife? I simply can't understand that if you do.

Strong, independent, self-respecting human beings usually come to the defense
of a helpless child!

They don't gang-up like lunatic village folks waving their pitchforks - promoting and screaming
for the access to kill children!

Sensible, NORMAL people............ fight monsters who prey on children!

.......and you're offended because these self-absorbed, abortion-happy airheads are denigrated as..................morons?

Hahahaha that's funny! Oh, boy. Hahahaha
This is doesn't make a lot of sense.

Back
Top Bottom