• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Abortion insanity

Gifts can be returned.

There is no contraceptive that is 100% effective.

If the failure rate of contraception was anywhere near the abortion rate the companies would be sued into oblivion and FDA would demand recalls of such defective products. Yes, give back the gift and get sterilized.

If the failure rate of contraception was anywhere near the abortion rate the companies would be sued into oblivion and FDA would demand recalls of such defective products. Yes, give back the gift and get sterilized.
First of all...vasectomies and getting your tubes tied are 'elective' procedures and arent covered by insurance unless you pay extra.

Second, Drs dont want to do that procedure (tie tubes) on women under 30. Many wont, and it's hard to find one that will.

So it's even harder for low-income women, the demographic that need abortions most frequently.

Post something informed next time. Or respond to my last response to you.

Last edited:

A failure rate of 2% is a lot of people in a country of over 300 million. It's still a low failure rate.

You do realize that it's next to impossible for a woman with no children to get sterilized, right?

A failure rate of 2% is a lot of people in a country of over 300 million. It's still a low failure rate.

You do realize that it's next to impossible for a woman with no children to get sterilized, right?
We've provided the math. He wont acknowledge or address it.

That's what rigid bias means...inability to absorb new information that does not concur with tightly held beliefs.

Let me see, should we do it the right wing way by making it illegal to have safe abortions or should we make it illegal , have the same amount of abortions but have a large number of them done in alleys. Once being born then it is no longer your problem and discard them in the same alley as the abortion were made in. If somehow someone can tack some logic to this then I will listen. Arguing against abortion because of the party you belong to is nuts.

Right on!

Abortion is the greatest thing right after family planning. (Thank you, Ms. Sanger!)

Every time that I hear about a robbery or a sucker punching or a looting or a rape or a murder, I think to myself: Darn it! If only that perp had been aborted!

The reason for abortion is unintended and unwanted pregnancies. There are enough statistics to show you what is causing unintended pregnancies and solutions can be discussed if you are interested. Most anti-abortion advocates are completely uninterested in real numbers and real solutions even after the numbers have been presented.

Just another indication that the pro-life movement doesn't have anything to do with saving babies or respecting life. .

Yup, there it is, .....when it comes right down to being completely honest ..........the real reason to overturn Roe ....... women are sluts and need to be punished because they aren't dropping their pants for nasty old conservative Christian men.
What..... perhaps half true.... not old men are conservatives

Right on!

Abortion is the greatest thing right after family planning. (Thank you, Ms. Sanger!)

Every time that I hear about a robbery or a sucker punching or a looting or a rape or a murder, I think to myself: Darn it! If only that perp had been aborted!

Yah. Except that M. Sanger was opposed to abortion. She felt that the woman - if the child would be unwanted - should carry to term, & put the child up for adoption. It's a common mistake, though, to assume that Sanger advocated for abortion. She didn't - it's a matter of fact, easily verified. Planned Parenthood had to wait until Sanger was off the board of directors to make abortion part of the services offered or referred by PP.

The reason for abortion is unintended and unwanted pregnancies. There are enough statistics to show you what is causing unintended pregnancies and solutions can be discussed if you are interested. Most anti-abortion advocates are completely uninterested in real numbers and real solutions even after the numbers have been presented.

Just another indication that the pro-life movement doesn't have anything to do with saving babies or respecting life. .

The fact you aren't out enacting those solutions says enough. Back in the mid 1980s when HIV/AIDS was identified and was determined to be behavior driven the gay community rallied and took education to the streets. They didn't wait on some government mandate. Since pregnancy is behavior driven the fact there are no efforts to prevent them tells all. No one wants to listen to " control your behavior" as an option so that puts the ball in your court - but the in your court there is no need since interrupting the life cycle of another human is no biggie to you.

The fact you aren't out enacting those solutions says enough. Back in the mid 1980s when HIV/AIDS was identified and was determined to be behavior driven the gay community rallied and took education to the streets. They didn't wait on some government mandate. Since pregnancy is behavior driven the fact there are no efforts to prevent them tells all. No one wants to listen to " control your behavior" as an option so that puts the ball in your court - but the in your court there is no need since interrupting the life cycle of another human is no biggie to you.
Pro-choice people dont see a problem with the current situation, except in some states where they try to restrict access to abortion. Women are free to choose what's in their best interests, and that of their families, employers, responsibilities and obligations to community, society.

So your post is really odd. If you want people out there helping couples to get better sex education, better reproductive counseling, better/cheaper access to birth control? That seems like it would motivate the pro-lifers much more.

Who really cares? All that is certain is that birth control (all birth control methods including the rhythm method) is not absolutely certain to prevent pregnancies. And who cares, this is about a woman's choice, nothing more and nothing less.

LOL. Exactly how do you know I'm not enacting solutions to abortion and who's waiting for a government mandate? There are hundreds of private organizations helping women get educated about issues around sex and childbearing, help pay for appropriate women's contraceptives, counseling, including Planned Parenthood. There are millions of women contributing to these organizations.

Who really cares? All that is certain is that birth control (all birth control methods including the rhythm method) is not absolutely certain to prevent pregnancies. And who cares, this is about a woman's choice, nothing more and nothing less.
No it is nothing less than ending the life cycle of another human. That is "all". I don't take that so lightly.

LOL. Exactly how do you know I'm not enacting solutions to abortion and who's waiting for a government mandate? There are hundreds of private organizations helping women get educated about issues around sex and childbearing, help pay for appropriate women's contraceptives, counseling, including Planned Parenthood. There are millions of women contributing to these organizations.
Looks like they aren't working then - might want to step up the effort.

Pro-choice people dont see a problem with the current situation, except in some states where they try to restrict access to abortion. Women are free to choose what's in their best interests, and that of their families, employers, responsibilities and obligations to community, society.

So your post is really odd. If you want people out there helping couples to get better sex education, better reproductive counseling, better/cheaper access to birth control? That seems like it would motivate the pro-lifers much more.
They don't see a problem because they have no qualms ending the life cycle of another human.

No it is nothing less than ending the life cycle of another human. That is "all". I don't take that so lightly.

1. it is not yet a human being so all that is being done is ending the gestation of a ZEF (zygote/embryo/fetus)
2. almost no woman takes the decision to abort lightly

Then don't have an abortion. But stay the heck out of *my* reproductive choices.

BTW, a zef is not a human being. FACT.

They don't see a problem because they have no qualms ending the life cycle of another human.
They may very well not like it at all, be against it. However what they ARE is believing that the woman has the right to make that choice for herself and her needs and not presume to know what she needs more than she does. That's for people that have no qualms about ending the self-determination and personal liberty of individual women.

Do you believe that other people should have the right to end the self-determination and personal liberty of individual women (without due process of law)? To endorse govt violation of our bodily autonomy in forcing women to remain pregnant against our will?

They may very well not like it at all, be against it. However what they ARE is believing that the woman has the right to make that choice for herself and her needs and not presume to know what she needs more than she does. That's for people that have no qualms about ending the self-determination and personal liberty of individual women.

Do you believe that other people should have the right to end the self-determination and personal liberty of individual women (without due process of law)? To endorse govt violation of our bodily autonomy in forcing women to remain pregnant against our will?
Her life style is more important than the human life cycle of another - got it.

1. it is not yet a human being so all that is being done is ending the gestation of a ZEF (zygote/embryo/fetus)
2. almost no woman takes the decision to abort lightly

Not human?

So it's a reptile the mother carries?
Panda?
Goat?
Manatees?
Unicorn?
Kitten?
Insect even?

Just exactly what is it if it isn't "human"?

Z,E, and Fs are all part of the human life cycle. Didn't pay attention in Health class? This isn't even 101 - this is middle school.

Not human?

Panda?
Goat?
Manatees?
Unicorn?
Kitten?
Insect even?

Z,E, and Fs are all part of the human life cycle. Didn't pay attention in Health class? This isn't even 101 - this is middle school.

1. human BEING, of course it is human DNA but I was talking about a human BEING. So your list of animals is just nonsensical as it has nothing to do with my comment.

2. A zygote/embryo has no right to life, the mother is the only one who has any decision rights.

Her life style is more important than the human life cycle of another - got it.
I guess if you consider feeding and housing your family, holding a job, meeting your obligations to others as "lifestyle," sure. If you dont find those things important, that's up to you 🤷

Most people do.

"Human life cycle" Huh, sounds like you are looking at microbes under a microscope.

Not human?

Panda?
Goat?
Manatees?
Unicorn?
Kitten?
Insect even?

He did not say it's not human. Good grief.

1. human BEING, of course it is human DNA but I was talking about a human BEING. So your list of animals is just nonsensical as it has nothing to do with my comment.

2. A zygote/embryo has no right to life, the mother is the only one who has any decision rights.

1. The human life cycle is that of a human being - you can't separate out the two.

2. Yes, you have established you give certain humans rights at the expense of other humans who happen to be in the most vulnerable stage of their life cycle. That's extremely clear. What's that line in Orwell's 1984? Something about being created equal - just some are more equal than others. Lifestyle trumps life in your book. Got it.

Back
Top Bottom