• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Abortion insanity

You just cannot educate some people, apparently.
They dont come to debate. Their minds are made up and they're not open to examine the other side of the issue.

However the amount of blatant false information and ignorance displayed in this sub-forum can be astounding. And of course, many come in absolutely positive of their owning the moral High Ground...and wont even acknowledge that's not the case.

If they were doing all you say they are doing - then we wouldn't have the abortion rate we do. You can take on a less careful approach when you can always abort the little bugger. Right?

The demographic with the highest abortion rate is the 20's and not teens. I think the education process should begin long before teen years - teaching human reproduction in honesty. But then, I grew up on a farm so I understood the real details about reproduction long before I set foot in health class. Females were bred by the males, became pregnant, then delivered the offspring. It wasn't something beyond the realm of comprehension to me and I was capable of extrapolating at a very young age that this also applied to humans as well.
People have to start ignoring people who don't contribute , other then wasted cut and past this person brings nothing to the conversation, just waste everyone's time with nonsense and endless rhetoric. No substance. Just spew slop.

There are people that it is best to just hang the crapola sign on and disregard their comment.

. ....... Oh yes, the nanny state. I did forget about that and the absolute dependence on it. Can't have parents teaching children - as they would be in my visionary world, they might not be taught from the manifesto. ........ So much easier to blame blame blame someone/something else.

One last stab at explanation. The public schools in the US are all locally controlled. If you don't like what your school is teaching then it is the fault of the people in town that voted for your school board. School boards hire the superintendents, approve of the teachers the superintendent hires. They set school policy and the direction the curriculum will take. They approve the books, the teaching methods, and the course work. They set the discipline policy and code. They decide when new buildings are needed. They set the budget. And all their meetings are open to the public. You did vote in your school board election didn't you? Did you research the candidates philosophy about public education? Have you been down to the superintendents office to read the school's curriculum. It is a public document.

If you think your school is a nanny state don't blame someone/something else. Take some ownership.

One last stab at explanation. The public schools in the US are all locally controlled. If you don't like what your school is teaching then it is the fault of the people in town that voted for your school board. School boards hire the superintendents, approve of the teachers the superintendent hires. They set school policy and the direction the curriculum will take. They approve the books, the teaching methods, and the course work. They set the discipline policy and code. They decide when new buildings are needed. They set the budget. And all their meetings are open to the public. You did vote in your school board election didn't you? Did you research the candidates philosophy about public education? Have you been down to the superintendents office to read the school's curriculum. It is a public document.

If you think your school is a nanny state don't blame someone/something else. Take some ownership.
Probablyt this country's biggest problem in our education system is the right has decided to keep people as dumb and hopefully stupid enough to respond to their non stop ugly hateful cruel scummy stupid Ideas that they are made of.

Do you think that you or strangers or the govt has the right to force women to take that risk against their will?
Yes. Yes they do.

Let me see, should we do it the right wing way by making it illegal to have safe abortions or should we make it illegal , have the same amount of abortions but have a large number of them done in alleys. Once being born then it is no longer your problem and discard them in the same alley as the abortion were made in. If somehow someone can tack some logic to this then I will listen. Arguing against abortion because of the party you belong to is nuts.
abortion should be legal but rare. We can never give moral crusaders the power to get between doctor sand a female patient. I would be willing to compromise and have a six week ban unless health issues warrant it.

abortion should be legal but rare. We can never give moral crusaders the power to get between doctor sand a female patient. I would be willing to compromise and have a six week ban unless health issues warrant it.
There is some room for compromise but it would have to be studied.

No compromise. Abortion at any time for any reason without apology.

Just because someone does something immoral or doesn't follow the law, doesn't mean you ignore what they are doing. By your standard we should ignore murder because no matter how many people have been convicted, sentenced to prison or executed, some bad people continue to murder other people. Murder is wrong, killing unborn human babies is murder. I think it's less to ask of a person to give birth if they get pregnant than to tell innocent babies we intend to kill you because you are an inconvenience.

My that has a self righteous tone. Nobody likes abortion. It is irresponsible but I do not like moral crusaders to dictate policy. After all this is not a theocracy. It always hurts our freedoms to give in to them.

That's no compromise and you have no right...nor does the govt as it already recognizes...to determine a woman's future or violate her bodily autonomy or other Const. rights. Do you believe you have the right to do so? If so, why?

What authority that Americans are obligated to follow says the unborn has a right to life?

i was just saying a compromise was possible
There is a compromise: choice.

It means that:
no woman is forced to have a baby​
and​
no woman is forced to have an abortion​

What additional compromise is needed and why?

Why should there be a compromise? Is a compromise needed on a man's right to a vasectomy?
That's really a false comparison. The equivalent to the vasectomy is the tubal ligation. And that has its own set of problems as far as ease of access for men compared to women. But the vasectomy is not equivalent to an abortion. Nothing is really. That doesn't negate the argument that the choice is the woman's alone, assuming a willing doctor. It's just not an equivalent.

Let me see, should we do it the right wing way by making it illegal to have safe abortions or should we make it illegal , have the same amount of abortions but have a large number of them done in alleys. Once being born then it is no longer your problem and discard them in the same alley as the abortion were made in. If somehow someone can tack some logic to this then I will listen. Arguing against abortion because of the party you belong to is nuts.

Should murder be made legal by the same logic?

Should murder be made legal by the same logic?
Are you in favor of throwing out the Constitution?

The Constitution protects people and their rights. So there really isnt a parallel here.

Are you in favor of throwing out the Constitution?

The Constitution protects people and their rights. So there really isnt a parallel here.

Murder will be committed irrespective of its legality, correct?

EDIT: A better way of putting it:

The OP's argument: Abortion will be committed whether it's legal or not, therefore it should be legal.

My rejoinder: Murder will be committed whether it's legal or not, therefore it should be legal.

Why is the OP right and my response wrong?

Murder will be committed irrespective of its legality, correct?

EDIT: A better way of putting it:

The OP's argument: Abortion will be committed whether it's legal or not, therefore it should be legal.

My rejoinder: Murder will be committed whether it's legal or not, therefore it should be legal.

Why is the OP right and my response wrong?
Because you choose to place an unbearable burden on women, when our rights are protected by the Constitution. Whether the procedure would take place or not isnt the issue...the legal restrictions on women...equal citizens under the law...would be terrible, painful, even equal to enslavement. It would reduce ALL women to 2nd class citizens again, not equal to men, with our rights subordinated to the unborn...which has no rights.

So again, the Constitution thankfully protects women from what you suggest, all those rights violations, destroying bodily autonomy and medical privacy, up to and including death, whether it deters actual abortions or not.

Because you choose to place an unbearable burden on women, when our rights are protected by the Constitution. Whether the procedure would take place or not isnt the issue...the legal restrictions on women...equal citizens under the law...would be terrible, painful, even equal to enslavement. It would reduce ALL women to 2nd class citizens again, not equal to men, with our rights subordinated to the unborn...which has no rights.

So again, the Constitution thankfully protects women from what you suggest, all those rights violations, destroying bodily autonomy and medical privacy, up to and including death, whether it deters actual abortions or not.

We're debating what should be legal. You keep citing legal rights but those are exactly what are in question. At any rate you didn't answer my question.

If murder will be committed whether it's legal or not, why should it remain illegal?

Back
Top Bottom