• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Abortion & Christ

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Great quote below:

Abortion -
The issue that gets followers of Christ
to vote against everything Christ talked about,
by talking about something Christ never talked about.

Fugelsang

Perfect. No?

What are people voting against that Christ talked about?

What are people voting against that Christ talked about?

Please show where Christ advocated building walls, separating families, assassinating leaders, shaking down foreign governments, helping the rich get richer, cutting off food assistance to the poor, insulting political enemies, lying daily, and spewing enough hate to encourage more of it among his followers.

I'll wait. :roll:

Please show where Christ advocated building walls, separating families, assassinating leaders, shaking down foreign governments, helping the rich get richer, cutting off food assistance to the poor, insulting political enemies, lying daily, and spewing enough hate to encourage more of it among his followers.

I’ve said repeatedly that I don’t understand Christian voters voting for Trump. But that’s voting for....

What are people voting against that Christ preached?

I’ve said repeatedly that I don’t understand Christian voters voting for Trump. But that’s voting for....

By voting for everything he preached against. :doh

So, I ask again, is going against Christ by supporting this:

Really worth saving fetuses?

You know what Christ preached. If not, read the N/T.

So you don’t know what your own OP is referencing? And if voting Republican is “against Christ”, then is the Democratic Party now a Christian party?

So you don’t know what your own OP is referencing? And if voting Republican is “against Christ”, then is the Democratic Party now a Christian party?

I don't play stupid games. But, you owe me answers.

Please provide them.

I don't play stupid games.

Asking you to specify something in your own OP is “playing games”? Alrighty.

But, you owe me answers.
Please provide them.

I already responded to this.

Your OP is talking about what they vote against. So what specific things did Jesus teach that people are voting against?

As we see....this is a thing.

BREAKING:

IF you are a Christian...

A REAL CHRISTIAN like you claim to be...

There is only ONE choice in the election....only ONE candidate fighting for the lives of the unborn and religious Freedom!

That’s
@realDonaldTrump

Some Nut

Asking you to specify something in your own OP is “playing games”? Alrighty.

I already responded to this.

Your OP is talking about what they vote against. So what specific things did Jesus teach that people are voting against?

No you failed. Please show where Christ supported those things on my list and quit ***** footing around it.

Christ also said "the poor you will always have with you".

Out of context I know but then most of the things people attribute to Christ are out of context.

Christ also said "the poor you will always have with you".

Out of context I know but then most of the things people attribute to Christ are out of context.

He also said: “‘You must not murder anyone, you must not commit adultery, you must not steal, you must not tell lies about others, 19 you must respect your father and mother,’ and ‘love your neighbor the same as you love yourself."

(you know all those things Trump does and those who support him condone.)

He didn't say, you must harass pregnant women and make sure they give birth and then abandon them by denying assistance.
I'm quite sure of that.

He also said: “‘You must not murder anyone, you must not commit adultery, you must not steal, you must not tell lies about others, 19 you must respect your father and mother,’ and ‘love your neighbor the same as you love yourself."

(you know all those things Trump does and those who support him condone.)

He didn't say, you must harass pregnant women and make sure they give birth and then abandon them by denying assistance.
I'm quite sure of that.

Donald Trump has never murdered anyone.

. Your OP is talking about what they vote against. So what specific things did Jesus teach that people are voting against?

Jesus spoke of tolerance and inclusion. Asking the SC to make discrimination against gays a right for conservative Christians is not exactly tolerance and inclusion

Jesus spoke of sharing wealth. Cheering on Trump as he transfers wealth out of the pockets of the working poor in order to cuts taxes for the wealthy is something less than sharing the wealth.

Raising the bar for the working poor to get SNAP support, cutting the ACA out from under them, and then calling them stupid isn't the charity Jesus recommended.

The conservative Christian's enshrinement of the rich above everyone else, honoring them because they are the sole creators of a robust economy, ignoring Trump's sins because he is promoting the rich and using all that to denigrate the working poor as lazy, non-deserving, immoral, and stupid probably isn't what Jesus had in mind with the parable of the camel getting through the eye of a needle and the rich man demanding heaven.

When Jesus spoke of spreading the good word of the NT, I'm pretty sure sending anti-gay missionaries to Uganda to pass laws killing gays was not what Jesus would have called spreading the good word.

About the only activity that Jesus recommended people do that conservative Christians actually do is make some effort to feed the poor and send unwanted clothing to foreign countries.

Please show where Christ advocated building walls, . :roll:

There are some issues that Jesus did not address PERIOD (when did he talk about building walls at all, much less whether or not we should or should not?)

so I find this comment disingenuous

There are some issues that Jesus did not address PERIOD (when did he talk about building walls at all, much less whether or not we should or should not?)

Think about why Trump is building the wall. Did Jesus advocate that? Did he say, "once you're in, keep the rest out"?

Considering Jesus directly benefitted from being a refugee fleeing persecution for another country without asking permission first...

Feeding and healing the poor is a biggie. Keeping your communications with god private, not loudly praying in public so everyone knows how pious you are, is another. Giving massive tax cuts to the super wealthy when Jesus said their wealth was an impediment to salvation.

There's a start.

Back
Top Bottom