• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Abortion & Christ

Feeding and healing the poor is a biggie. Keeping your communications with god private, not loudly praying in public so everyone knows how pious you are, is another. Giving massive tax cuts to the super wealthy when Jesus said their wealth was an impediment to salvation.

There's a start.

Just because Jesus indicated that people should give their wealth to help the poor in no way means or implies that he would order or approve of the government taking peoples wealth to help the poor.

Just because Jesus indicated that people should give their wealth to help the poor in no way means or implies that he would order or approve of the government taking peoples wealth to help the poor.

Well, feel free to set it on fire in the front yard then. Either way, Jesus doesn't want greedy rich ****ers in his kingdom. His words.

Well, feel free to set it on fire in the front yard then. Either way, Jesus doesn't want greedy rich ****ers in his kingdom. His words.

He didn't have a problem with Zacchaeus.

No you failed. Please show where Christ supported those things on my list and quit ***** footing around it.

I never said or implied he did. I said what I've said for years now - I can't understand why Christians back him.

You have no intention of actually taking a deep dive into the quote that you provided, so..... ta ta.

Jesus spoke of tolerance and inclusion. Asking the SC to make discrimination against gays a right for conservative Christians is not exactly tolerance and inclusion

Jesus spoke of sharing wealth. Cheering on Trump as he transfers wealth out of the pockets of the working poor in order to cuts taxes for the wealthy is something less than sharing the wealth.

Raising the bar for the working poor to get SNAP support, cutting the ACA out from under them, and then calling them stupid isn't the charity Jesus recommended.

The conservative Christian's enshrinement of the rich above everyone else, honoring them because they are the sole creators of a robust economy, ignoring Trump's sins because he is promoting the rich and using all that to denigrate the working poor as lazy, non-deserving, immoral, and stupid probably isn't what Jesus had in mind with the parable of the camel getting through the eye of a needle and the rich man demanding heaven.

When Jesus spoke of spreading the good word of the NT, I'm pretty sure sending anti-gay missionaries to Uganda to pass laws killing gays was not what Jesus would have called spreading the good word.

About the only activity that Jesus recommended people do that conservative Christians actually do is make some effort to feed the poor and send unwanted clothing to foreign countries.

Ahh -- someone who actually understands what the original quote is about.

Jesus spoke of YOU going out and doing these things -- YOU, the individual. Jesus never called for religious and political leaders to change laws or tweak this policy or protest for this or that law to be passed in the land. His mission had nothing to do with earthly laws. His mission was to change YOU - the individual. He called for YOU to help the poor, the widowed, the orphaned. To argue that Jesus calls His people to get the government to help the poor, the widowed, the orphaned is to completely misunderstand why He was here.

Of course, no Christian should be killing anyone for their beliefs. How many so-called Christians actually believe that gays should be killed? I'm betting very, very few.

Feeding and healing the poor is a biggie.

Of course. And there are thousands of Christians charities, churches and centers that do just that. Government has nothing to do with what Jesus taught. It's an individual thing.

Keeping your communications with god private, not loudly praying in public so everyone knows how pious you are, is another.

Correct. That's not something we vote for or against, though.

Giving massive tax cuts to the super wealthy when Jesus said their wealth was an impediment to salvation.

There's a start.

We don't vote for those either -- that's Congress. But again, Jesus' interests were in his heavenly kingdom, not governments on earth.

Yet Jesus only approved of that rich guy after he gave away his wealth.

What about Solomon? David? It's not about having money -- it's about LOVING money.

I’ve said repeatedly that I don’t understand Christian voters voting for Trump.

Prosperity Gospel and Seed Faith.

What are people voting against that Christ talked about?

Can you give me a direct quote Jesus had about abortion?

? I don't know why you're asking me that.

This is an abortion thread in the abortion sub forum. If your comment wasn't about abortion, what was it about?

This is an abortion thread in the abortion sub forum. If your comment wasn't about abortion, what was it about?

My "comment" you quoted was a question directed at the OP.

My "comment" you quoted was a question directed at the OP.

And, considering if you actually read the OP, my question is exactly on target.

King David was wildly rich and God called him "a man after my own heart".

Ah, so we’re back to using the Old Testament rather than following the New Testament right?

How much of your taxes actually go to the poor? A dollar figure, please.

And, considering if you actually read the OP, my question is exactly on target.

No, your question was out in left field directed at me. I've never said or implied that Jesus said anything about abortion.

Ah, so we’re back to using the Old Testament rather than following the New Testament right?

It's not one or the other -- it's taken as a whole.

Back
Top Bottom