• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Abortion And The BIBLE

See...there you go again. You refuse to discuss the topic and just respond with snark.

Picture perfect example, thank you.

You seem offended that I keep encouraging you to actually debate instead of flailing around with petty insults that decry your efforts to be a good Christian...and to demonstrate you actually understand what you cut and paste. Why is that?​
Why would I be offended...I understand all too well why scripture goes right over your head....I could give you a scripture for that...but I won't... 😏

Why would I be offended...I understand all too well why scripture goes right over your head....I could give you a scripture for that...but I won't... 😏
You say that over and over...but you never prove it. Like when you called me a liar...and never showed where I lied. :rolleyes:

You could cut and paste anything...but unless you can actually explain what it means relative to the topic or conversation...it leaves us at Square One...you have no idea what you're talking about. 🤷

You say that over and over...but you never prove it. Like when you called me a liar...and never showed where I lied. :rolleyes:

You could cut and paste anything...but unless you can actually explain what it means relative to the topic or conversation...it leaves us at Square One...you have no idea what you're talking about. 🤷
The Bible shows where you lie...

We're getting back to the topic, folks.

Here's a recap for those new to the thread:

The following are the grounds that you'd find in an old thread, titled Abortion On Christian Ground.

Post #2 – Biblical references to the fetus being human

Post #3 – Old Testament, God's view of life before birth
Post #4 – Ground #2
Post #6 – Ground #3
Post #7 – Ground #4
Post #8 – Ground #5

Post #9 – On being neutral and silent

OP – a verse that condemns abortion, The Fetus Has A Soul

Post #2 - The Fetus is A Human Being

Post #14 – an answer to Exodus 21: 22-25

Post #20 – an answer to Numbers 5:11-31

Post #22 - God's punishments; on pregnant and nursing women

Post #25 – Blood sacrifice

Post #65 – Jewish interpretations, The OT

Post #66 - Still on Numbers 5:11-31

Post #89 - Exodus 21 (revisited), CONTEXT!

Post #165 – Translation from Hebrew text (word-for-word).

Post #208 - An excellent point from cpwill
Post #225 - rebuttal by cpwill

Last edited:

The following are the grounds that you'd find in an old thread, titled Abortion On Christian Ground.

Post #4 – Ground #2
Post #6 – Ground #3
Post #7 – Ground #4
Post #8 – Ground #5

And besides all the biblical references you posted, science backs up the value of the unborn ..its a human being. Not some blob of tissue that can be discarded in a dumpster or
saved for body parts.

Thousands of women and men every year in our nation try to convince themselves that their unborn babies are just a blob of tissue justifying the decision to abort. If there is
hell some some of these people will end up there.

There are valid reasons to abort convenience is not one.

And besides all the biblical references you posted, science backs up the value of the unborn ..its a human being. Not some blob of tissue that can be discarded in a dumpster or saved for body parts.

Thousands of women and men every year in our nation try to convince themselves that their unborn babies are just a blob of tissue justifying the decision to abort. If there is
hell some some of these people will end up there.

....which has been covered, and given in post #2.

Here:

The Bible says the fetus is a human being. Science says human life begins at conception.

Logic says the same thing!

After all, what else would be the offspring of human beings – no matter what stage of development the offspring is?

Atheist pro-lifers see abortion as a gross violation of human rights.

This thread however is about what the Bible says on abortion ................

.................................that's why I created it in
BELIEF SECTION!

I'm not asking for what atheists/non-believers think about it.

I don't want non-biblical arguments to clutter my thread!

Non-biblical arguments go to the ABORTION SECTION!

I hope we're now clear on that! I'm putting this thread right back on-topic.

Last edited:

Post #4 – Ground #2
Post #6 – Ground #3
Post #7 – Ground #4
Post #8 – Ground #5

And besides all the biblical references you posted, science backs up the value of the unborn ..its a human being.
Science is objective, it applies no value to anything. The unborn is no more or less valued than an adult human, a human is no more or less valued than a cat or wolf. Value is subjective.

I've never seen 'convenience' listed on any of the polls they've given to women. Can you provide some that show it?

I have seen the polls tho. Do you consider your health to be 'a convenience?' Is your ability to keep your job 'a convenience?' Is your ability to put food on the table and live in a secure neighborhood 'a convenience' for your family? Is staying off of welfare 'a convenience?' Is being able to share rent with someone to survive 'a convenience?' Is upholding your commitments and obligations to community, church, society, etc while sick or exhausted or broke or unemployed just a 'convenience?'

I think most people consider all those things in life important but of course, you are entitled to think differently. Altho if that's the way you view your life, I have sympathy for you.

Science is objective, it applies no value to anything. The unborn is no more or less valued than an adult human, a human is no more or less valued than a cat or wolf. Value is subjective.

I've never seen 'convenience' listed on any of the polls they've given to women. Can you provide some that show it?

I have seen the polls tho. Do you consider your health to be 'a convenience?' Is your ability to keep your job 'a convenience?' Is your ability to put food on the table and live in a secure neighborhood 'a convenience' for your family? Is staying off of welfare 'a convenience?' Is being able to share rent with someone to survive 'a convenience?' Is upholding your commitments and obligations to community, church, society, etc while sick or exhausted or broke or unemployed just a 'convenience?'

I think most people consider all those things in life important but of course, you are entitled to think differently. Altho if that's the way you view your life, I have sympathy for you.

Lol. What about your opinion?

If you reject all three - GOD, science and logic - on what authority do you base your opinion?
Satan's?

Who else, right?

I have sympathy for you
Save your sarcasm, I have none for you. When it comes to value your position is clear ..nothing you utter about the unborn speaks to value ..just the opposite. You value
yourself, whats left is much less important. Have you aborted a baby.

Lol. What about your opinion?

If you reject all three - GOD, science and logic - on what authority do you base your opinion?
Satan's?

Who else, right?
Morality.

The Constitution and the belief that women and men have equal rights.

Save your sarcasm, I have none for you. When it comes to value your position is clear ..nothing you utter about the unborn speaks to value ..just the opposite. You value
yourself, whats left is much less important. Have you aborted a baby.
I see you were unable to to dispute a single thing in my position. :D You chose to go on the offensive to pretend I'm wrong...but cannot explain how. There was no sarcasm, it wasnt even a presumption...but I would feel sorry for someone that looked at their own life that way.

I'm not worried about pregnancy :rolleyes: Never been. We planned on not having kids and were very careful about sticking to that.

My position isnt about me at all. It's about respect and rights for women. And you are unable to produce anything why I should feel otherwise. 🤷 works for me!

Morality.

The Constitution is not about morality, it's about rights...2 separate things...

I see you were unable to to dispute a single thing in my position. :D You chose to go on the offensive to pretend I'm wrong...but cannot explain how. There was no sarcasm, it wasnt even a presumption...but I would feel sorry for someone that looked at their own life that way.

I'm not worried about pregnancy :rolleyes: Never been. We planned on not having kids and were very careful about sticking to that.

My position isnt about me at all. It's about respect and rights for women. And you are unable to produce anything why I should feel otherwise. 🤷 works for me!
Morality... 😒

The Constitution is not about morality, it's about rights...2 separate things...
They arent separate. Is a right to life immoral? Is a right to personal liberty immoral? Is protecting those things immoral?

They arent separate. Is a right to life immoral? Is a right to personal liberty immoral? Is protecting those things immoral?
Protecting a person's right to sin is always immoral...

Protecting a person's right to sin is always immoral...
As usual, you are incapable of answering direct questions with anything appropriate. Try again?

They arent separate. Is a right to life immoral? Is a right to personal liberty immoral? Is protecting those things immoral?​

In case you missed it, the Constitution protects the rest of us FROM your belief in your made up sins.

Morality.

:rolleyes:

You're back to your equality rights again! ALL HUMANS ARE EQUAL!
If you can decide and pinpoint which human has lesser value - then, no one is secure!
Things can change, like what happened to Blacks and Jews! Who's next?

You want to lessen the value of the fetus - if there's anyone who should have lesser value (since you're so into that),
that would be the woman who has
repeat abortion!
She is a self-indulgent moron!

Feminists today only serve to perpetuate the stereotypical airhead women!
I'm not a feminist! At least, not the kind we see today!

There's no longer any excuse in this day and age to get pregnant if a woman doesn't want to. NONE!

You're confused, Lursa. We're talking about abortion and the Bible. Don't try to change the channel.

Last edited:
As usual, you are incapable of answering direct questions with anything appropriate. Try again?

They arent separate. Is a right to life immoral? Is a right to personal liberty immoral?​
Is protecting those things immoral?

In case you missed it, the Constitution protects the rest of us FROM your belief in your made up sins.

That would, and should be the question asked by the....................................... fetus!

Right to life
The right to life is the belief that
a being has the right to live and, in particular, should not be killed by another entity including government. The concept of a right to life arises in debates on issues of capital punishment, war, abortion, euthanasia, police brutality, justifiable homicide, and animal rights. Various individuals may disagree on which areas this principle applies, including such issues previously listed.

UNBELIEVABLE!

Last edited:
My position is about the value of the unborn, a woman's value does not trump, they're equal. Start a thread somewhere else about the woman's movement. Your spelling of isn't is wrong.

IMHO a woman does not own the human being inside of her, your a guardian slash nurturer not a judge. I'm all for the woman's fight for equality in a male dominated world, however, when it comes to the unborn
your missing the mark.

:rolleyes:

You're back to your equality rights again! ALL HUMANS ARE EQUAL!
If you can decide and pinpoint which human has lesser value - then, no one is secure!
Things can change, like what happened to Blacks and Jews! Who's next?

You want to lessen the value of the fetus - if there's anyone who should have lesser value (since you're so into that),
that would be the woman who has
repeat abortion!
She is a self-indulgent moron!

Feminists today only serve to perpetuate the stereotypical airhead women!
I'm not a feminist! At least, not the kind we see today!

There's no longer any excuse in this day and age to get pregnant if a woman doesn't want to. NONE!

You're confused, Lursa. We're talking about abortion and the Bible. Don't try to change the channel.
You demonstrate grave ignorance of our country, the Constitution, and rights. I am not confused but you are poorly educated on this subject.

The unborn have no rights and this is supported in the Constitution. See the 1st section of the 14th Amendment. Even besides the Constitution, no human rights organizations...national or international...recognize rights for the unborn (aside from religious ones).

If you want to get back to the Christian religion, well, I've posted that proof too, that God values women more than the unborn (not equally). Your denials illustrate a common symptom of extreme religious indoctrination which blinds people to reality and truth.

Back
Top Bottom