• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Abortion And The BIBLE

I dont know what you wanted, that's why I asked. Now it appears you didnt understand your own post *sigh*

Are you confused, Lursa?

I suppose it dawned on you that bringing up equality between sexes is soooooo irrelevant! :ROFLMAO:

Seems like a decent response. I realize you believe the 2nd paragraph...and those things are derived from our genetic inheritance. People often fall naturally into those gender roles and I support that. I also support either gender doing what is best for them...as they follow God's Word in life.

Which brings us back to the question: Why did you ask about that?

What's your point?

Lursa said:
Christianity at its most basic

Some feed on milk and never mature...some, on solid food...

"For everyone who continues to feed on milk is unacquainted with the word of righteousness, for he is a young child. But solid food belongs to mature people, to those who through use have their powers of discernment trained to distinguish both right and wrong." Hebrews 5:13,14
Lursa, with her know it all, argumentative ramblings, has completely derailed this thread ..its supposed to be about abortion.

Elvira said:

I dont even read the scriptures you post anymore because you have shown over and over that you are unable to actually understand them well enough to articulate what they mean in your own words.
Wow, stand back, the master has spoken, Lursa's insights and Biblical knowledge are truly something to behold.

It's a "discussion" forum, not a "regurgitate your cult-like crutches" forum
Civil discussion is not one of your strong points IMHO. If your not putting someone down for proper grammar slash sentence structure you come across as pretending to know everything ...never accepting others information. Synonyms would include egotist, egoist, swellhead and finally a know it all.

Elvira said:

Wow, stand back, the master has spoken, Lursa's insights and Biblical knowledge are truly something to behold.
Correction...lack there of... 😒

Civil discussion is not one of your strong points IMHO. If your not putting someone down for proper grammar slash sentence structure you come across as pretending to know everything ...never accepting others information. Synonyms would include egotist, egoist, swellhead and finally a know it all.
Don't forget "having to have the last word"...

Thank you.

I'm sure one day you'll hone your own debating skills and contribute here as well.

I try over and over to get that poster to articulate her arguments...and she fails. She avoids it and regurgitates scriptures she cannot even explain in her own words. Or, she just posts snark and insults.

I would love to engage that poster in a discussion...she jumps right in all the time...and then flails about dependent on recitation...and does poorly or avoids altogether.

It's interesting that you were unable to discern this before posting your inaccurate observations of my discussions. You also resorted to attempts at insult...and fail as well 🤷

Don't forget "having to have the last word"...
I only continue to encourage you to back up your claims...if you would do so, we'd have a discussion instead of you posting snark to save face.

I try over and over to get that poster to articulate her arguments...and she fails. She avoids it and regurgitates scriptures she cannot even explain in her own words. Or, she just posts snark and insults.

I would love to engage that poster in a discussion...she jumps right in all the time...and then flails about dependent on recitation...and does poorly or avoids altogether.

It's interesting that you were unable to discern this before posting your inaccurate observations of my discussions. You also resorted to attempts at insult...and fail as well 🤷
A "Christian" who doesn't read/understand the Bible...imagine that...

A "Christian" who doesn't read/understand the Bible...imagine that...
Give yourself some credit...if you apply yourself you can understand it better and then be able to share your faith better with others, as God desires.

I only continue to encourage you to back up your claims...if you would do so, we'd have a discussion instead of you posting snark to save face.
We could have a discussion if you understood scripture, that is true...

Well, yes.....He created and loves us equally, after all - He created all mankind in His image! He died for all of us!

That we have our designated roles based on our gender in the family (based on God's view as an ideal family institution), that doesn't take away
from our equality, and certainly doesn't mean that God loves us any less.
Seems like a decent response. I realize you believe the 2nd paragraph...and those things are derived from our genetic inheritance. People often fall naturally into those gender roles and I support that. I also support either gender doing what is best for them...as they follow God's Word in life.
Are you confused, Lursa?
I suppose it dawned on you that bringing up equality between sexes is soooooo irrelevant!
:ROFLMAO:
I'm pretty sure you've lost track of the point here but it was because of your dismissal of God's valuing women more than the unborn. (And I provided scriptures to demonstrate that).

So I asked if you thought God created man and woman equally and loved both equally. You answered, I accepted your answer (see above)...did you have more you wanted to discuss on that tangent?

We could have a discussion if you understood scripture, that is true...
If you were able to articulate what the scriptures meant and how they applied to the topic instead of posting them by rote, maybe that's true.

If you were able to articulate what the scriptures meant and how they applied to the topic instead of posting them by rote, maybe that's true.
You can't read...got it...

You can't read...got it...
Of course I can...and I dont see you able to dispute a thing I wrote either :LOL:

You seem offended that I keep encouraging you to actually debate instead of flailing around with petty insults that decry your efforts to be a good Christian...and to demonstrate you actually understand what you cut and paste. Why is that?

Of course I can...and I dont see you able to dispute a thing I wrote either :LOL:

You seem offended that I keep encouraging you to actually debate instead of flailing around with petty insults that decry your efforts to be a good Christian...and to demonstrate you actually understand what you cut and paste. Why is that?
I can dispute most everything you write with God's Word, just as Jesus did..."It is written"...

I can dispute most everything you write with God's Word, just as Jesus did..."It is written"...
You could write "I am fantastic at cutting and pasting" and it would the same meaning and show just as much about your understanding of Christianity. :ROFLMAO:

You could write "I am fantastic at cutting and pasting" and it would the same meaning and show just as much about your understanding of Christianity. :ROFLMAO:
To you, maybe...I think others seem to get the message...

To you, maybe...I think others seem to get the message...
Poor assumption on your part. It's not like everyone cant see that you cut and paste scriptures and then cannot explain what they mean in your own words. OTOH, those with the same beliefs arent likely to challenge you...you get this, right?

It's a discussion forum...'everybody else likes me' isnt going to get you far.

Poor assumption on your part. It's not like everyone cant see that you cut and paste scriptures and then cannot explain what they mean in your own words. OTOH, those with the same beliefs arent likely to challenge you...you get this, right?

It's a discussion forum...'everybody else likes me' isnt going to get you far.
lol...never said that...this is not a Miss Compatibility contest... :rolleyes:

lol...never said that...this is not a Miss Compatibility contest... :rolleyes:
Of course it's not, it's a discussion forum in which you fail to articulate 'discussion' based on your faith.

And if you were able to understand the more subtle trends in sentences, you'd realize that I accurately summarized your previous post.

Of course it's not, it's a discussion forum in which you fail to articulate 'discussion' based on your faith.

And if you were able to understand the more subtle trends in sentences, you'd realize that I accurately summarized your previous post.
Accurate...now there's a foreign concept to you..

Accurate...now there's a foreign concept to you..
See...there you go again. You refuse to discuss the topic and just respond with snark.

Picture perfect example, thank you.

You seem offended that I keep encouraging you to actually debate instead of flailing around with petty insults that decry your efforts to be a good Christian...and to demonstrate you actually understand what you cut and paste. Why is that?​

Back
Top Bottom