• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Abortion Activists in U.S. Say They Are Losing the Battle

mixedmedia said:
We don't have a "moderator stance" on any specific statements members make. That would be an exercise in folly. We have some pretty inventive folks around here, lol.

My own stance on such a statement? It is a hollow threat. And kind of goofy. But that is just my own opinion. People say much worse things around here.
It seems telling someone they are going to report them and/or actually following through on a report to the FBI for an "opinion" statement is in fact a specifically personal threat that is intended to intimidate a specific poster and perhaps others who may have some views in common with the "threatened" poster. Aren't specific "threats" against posters not allowed on this forum? "Goofy" or not?

I hope it's fine I'm getting this cleared up for myself in a public thread....I think it's valuable info...:mrgreen:

Felicity said:
It seems telling someone they are going to report them and/or actually following through on a report to the FBI for an "opinion" statement is in fact a specifically personal threat that is intended to intimidate a specific poster and perhaps others who may have some views in common with the "threatened" poster. Aren't specific "threats" against posters not allowed on this forum? "Goofy" or not?

I hope it's fine I'm getting this cleared up for myself in a public thread....I think it's valuable info...:mrgreen:
As a citizen, a person is allowed to report whatever they feel is warranted to the FBI. It is not my place to dictate when and where that is appropriate. What we consider threats in regards to forum policy are ones that allude to the infliction of bodily harm or other illegal acts against another member. The mods at DP hold no sway over the members' use of their perceived responsibilities as a citizen. Nor do we wish to have such sway.

mixedmedia said:
As a citizen, a person is allowed to report whatever they feel is warranted to the FBI. It is not my place to dictate when and where that is appropriate. What we consider threats in regards to forum policy are ones that allude to the infliction of bodily harm or other illegal acts against another member. The mods at DP hold no sway over the members' use of their perceived responsibilities as a citizen. Nor do we wish to have such sway.
Ah...I see...the forum rules don't actually address "threats" --be they bodily threats or intimidation...nor do they address rude inflammatory opinions. It seems a single rule applies to both of those particular "infractions":
4. Don't be a jerk - This simply means what it sounds like.

What the threshold for "JERK" is exactly seems to be pretty high...

....as I suppose it should be ;) .

Thanks mixedmedia:mrgreen:

Last edited:
Felicity said:
Ms. M&M....

I was checking out a thread called "Moderator Abuse and M14" and it seems a poster was upset about someone simply suggesting something to the effect of "someone ought to call the FBI..." What is the moderator stance on this tactic being used to intimidate--or actually following through on a report to the FBI on a non-specific generalized "opinion-type" statement?

If fake men with out any balls want to use FBI threats because they dislike my views then let them,it only shows how little they really are.

jamesrage said:
If fake men with out any balls want to use FBI threats because they dislike my views then let them,it only shows how little they really are.
I don't particularly think you are representing manhood very well either. Talk is cheap--wit is worthy. Just MO...

Felicity said:
Ah...I see...the forum rules don't actually address "threats" --be they bodily threats or intimidation...nor do they address rude inflammatory opinions. It seems a single rule applies to both of those particular "infractions":

What the threshold for "JERK" is exactly seems to be pretty high...

....as I suppose it should be ;) .

Thanks mixedmedia:mrgreen:

Thank you, Felicity. It's always nice to discuss these things in a friendly manner. We get to do it so rarely, lol.

You are right that there are not any specific definitions of "inflammatory debate" in the forum rules, but I guess it is more of an unspoken understanding that threats of bodily or other harm are higher infractions of the "Don't Be a Jerk" rule than most others. And yes, the threshold is fairly high. Second to moderating in an unbiased manner is the aim of not using too heavy a hand on the regular up and down, back and forth flow of the threads. Some flaming is bound to happen and some is bound to be missed or tolerated......it is a discretionary matter, and fairly exercised in my own opinion. We rely on the "report post" feature for a large percentage of our actions, thus the importance of community members taking it upon themselves to report instances of flaming at their own discretion. As was the case on this thread. So just because you witness someone breaking the DBAJ rule, it doesn't mean that we are tolerating it.....it is highly possible that we either aren't aware of it, or, from our perspective there are contributing factors hindering a clear-cut case of unprovoked flaming. As was the case here, as well.

Thanks again, Felicity. It's been a pleasure.

Oh...one more thing...
mixedmedia said:
We rely on the "report post" feature for a large percentage of our actions, thus the importance of community members taking it upon themselves to report instances of flaming at their own discretion. As was the case on this thread. .

I got a chuckle out of that because of what it says in response to my first post to you on this thread...
Felicity said:
I find it interesting that moderator warnings only pop up when liberals feel attacked and cry foul--when personal insults are lobbed by liberals NO ONE shows up

Does that mean liberals are bigger tattle-tales than conservatives? (rhetorical question...:mrgreen: )

Felicity said:
Oh...one more thing...

I got a chuckle out of that because of what it says in response to my first post to you on this thread...

Does that mean liberals are bigger tattle-tales than conservatives? (rhetorical question...:mrgreen: )

You know, I've never looked at it that way before. I suppose it is possible, but I don't know. Both sides report pretty regularly.

I'll do a little informal research on that....to satisfy my own piqued curiosity. :lol:

mixedmedia said:
I'll do a little informal research on that....to satisfy my own piqued curiosity. :lol:
Do share!...whatever you find...

Felicity said:
Actually...THIS is what I said...but I am coming to see that you have trouble with differentiating between what was Actually said...and what you have fabricated in your mind....

Quote:
Oh...and what sort of pitiful fool "saves" posts? Probably the same sort that reports people to the FBI and considers their "politics illegal." That's just fascist.

1. Where are YOU "26X" referred to anywhere in that quote?
2. Am I calling anyone fascist? No....I said calling the FBI to report "politics" that a person doesn't like is a fascist action.

Perhaps you feel you resemble such a person?
Do you suffer from amnesia? Is that the problem here? To refresh your memory lapse I wrote that I saved Jamesrage's threatening posts and reported him to the FBI. So if you're too weak to admit that you were writing about me realize that you're fooling no one except yourself. To now pretend that you were not specifically referring to me is bullshit to the nth degree.
:bs :bs :bs

Am I surprised that you're employing the same pathetic tactics that others who have too much pride and not enough intelligence to simply speak candidly? In your case, no, I am not surprised.

The TRUTH is that you called me a fascist and Jamesrage called me a Nazi...all because I reported his death threats to the FBI. That is the TRUTH and no matter how many times you try to change the truth at the end of the day there's no denying what the TRUTH is...

frenchkiss.gif

I hope these smileys don't get pregnant...would they have an abortion if given the freedom to choose?

I do remember calling you a "snarky bastard.":2wave: :mrgreen:

26 X World Champs said:
The TRUTH is that you called me a fascist and Jamesrage called me a Nazi...all because I reported his death threats to the FBI.

JR said:
When it comes to the lives of innocences I am very pro-life,when it comes to these little nazis masqerading around as doctors and humans murdering the innocent unborn children they should be rounded up and shot before they do anymore harm.
http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=228835&postcount=74
Unless you are a person "masquerading as a doctor" who murders unborn children....I don't think he was pointing at you....

However, rather than Nazi--James did call you a "snitch." Ooooo...what harsh invective! ...that must have really stung!
A person who supports murdering babies has not room to snitch to others.

Where you the classroom hypocritical snitch in school who for some reason could not figure out why the other kids did not like you?http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=229682&postcount=98

and it wasn't until this post http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=230904&postcount=107 that he said you were wearing a brownshirt and put up a picture of a rodent with a swastika....post 107....more than 30 posts later....

You have a persecution complex and I think you like it.;)

Felicity said:
You have a persecution complex and I think you like it.;)
You're enjoying the name calling...how interesting! Fascist, persecution complex et al.

You've not written about the evils of abortion in quite a while...distracted?

Maybe you're just losing the abortion battle, again? Let's get back to the issues at hand...simply stated...Abortion aka FREEDOM OF CHOICE will always be an American's right regardless of the passion of those opposed to it.

All of the rhetoric, all of the name calling, all of the bullshit about killing doctors, all of it is not going to effect the end result one bit...the end result being that Abortion will always be legal and a woman's choice....don't believe me? Just ask Chief Justice Roberts what he thinks of Roe V. Wade!

26 X World Champs said:
.don't believe me? Just ask Chief Justice Roberts what he thinks of Roe V. Wade!

Got a quote you care to share? From what I can tell he usually dodges discussing the issue pretty well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom