• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Abolish the Postal Service

Should we abolish the postal service?

• yes

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • no

Votes: 26 70.3%
  • other, explain

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
Maybe if Congress kept themselves in their constitutional domain the USPS would be a fine tuned machine.

No. It is a favorable service with little public dissent.

Who DOESN'T complain about the post office? Even Ned Flanders hates the post office.

Who DOESN'T complain about the post office? Even Ned Flanders hates the post office.

My local post office is pretty nice and has very friendly people running the place.

Kind of hard to do when they provide completely different services.

The worst thing that has happened to me while mailing things through the USPS is that an envelope was opened (intentionally or unintentionally). This could happen if I used any service. There are always bad apples working in businesses.

And I've heard of money being stolen from birthday cards before... but I'd never send money through the mail anyways.
A friend of mine mails packages through the USPS about 20+ times a week, and he doesn't have issues with them either.

And the USPS specifically recommends against sending cash through the mail...

My local post office is pretty nice and has very friendly people running the place.

What about the hours? ONe of my complaints about the USPS when I lived in the States was that the local post office was always open when I was in class or at work. Where I live now, I can go to the post office in the evening (as late as 8PM) or on weekends... I could never do that where I lived in the States...

I frankly have heard very little complaints. There has been no major outcry against it.

I never had a problem with the USPS when I lived in the States... now the DMV and the IRS are a whole different story!

Back
Top Bottom