• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ABC's QUANTICO shows bias against Cruz

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Tonight's episode at 10.23 PM (EDST) featured a political figure (VP Nominee) talking about difficult people in washington and listed several groups and "Ted Cruz"

interesting. I wonder if similar comments will be made about Clinton or Goofy Bernie?

Tonight's episode at 10.23 PM (EDST) featured a political figure (VP Nominee) talking about difficult people in washington and listed several groups and "Ted Cruz"

interesting. I wonder if similar comments will be made about Clinton or Goofy Bernie?

Doesn't Cruz have a notorious reputation for being difficult to work with?

Doesn't Cruz have a notorious reputation for being difficult to work with?

I hear that but since I have never heard it first hand I don't know. I just find it interesting that ABC would take a shot at a GOP candidate at this time during the election cycle

I wonder if the same show would have some comment about "hillary getting our diplomat killed" or Trump is a former bankruptcy filer or Sanders' plans make no sense

I don't know, Congress has such a low favorability that this may be a bonus for Cruz.

Stop wondering, it aint going to happen. People enjoy having their minds made up for them.

Stop wondering, it aint going to happen. People enjoy having their minds made up for them.

no wonder at all. rhetorical question my newly joined apprentice:mrgreen:

I hear that but since I have never heard it first hand I don't know. I just find it interesting that ABC would take a shot at a GOP candidate at this time during the election cycle

I wonder if the same show would have some comment about "hillary getting our diplomat killed" or Trump is a former bankruptcy filer or Sanders' plans make no sense

Why is there a notion that watching a TV Show (most of which have liberal slants) that happens to intermingle politics or political events into the storyline there are always people who think the way you do? I watch a lot of TV Shows (this one included), and I enjoy them for the story and frankly I just find it annoying when they go into the ripped from the headlines stuff that made Law and Order famous (but SVU sucks so bad now). I don't see the bias you are talking about. I see laziness and poor creativity. Although sometimes its wrapped in a nice wrapper with a bow on top. Mentioning Cruz being difficult to work with is not at all bias!

Ted Cruz being difficult to work with is hardly new news. He often votes on principle and not necessarily with what the party wants. Notably one of the leaders of the small group of Congress people who wanted John Boehner out. The House Freedom Caucus is a raucous group of squabbling far right conservatives that disrupts everyday life in government (which is good to some people). But again, it makes it hard to get actual work done when the voters you need are filibustering the deals you are trying to get done so that the whole government doesn't shut down!

If I do hold something against Cruz it IS that part of his personality, and that's why some people call him dangerous. I'm still voting for Cruz primarily because of his stances on certain issues that I agree with him on more than any other candidate and at this point it's very few over all the remaining candidates left...

no wonder at all. rhetorical question my newly joined apprentice:mrgreen:

Rhetoric is what it is all about. What easier way to re-enforce the real uneducated voters opinion than to show young people are just as naive as they are, and in the FBI.

Rhetoric is what it is all about. What easier way to re-enforce the real uneducated voters opinion than to show young people are just as naive as they are, and in the FBI.

it really is pure fiction. I was never in the FBI but I spent 24 years working with FBI SAs constantly

but WTH-its "entertainment"

****ty show. Tried to watch it. All the back and forth made me dizzy.

I like half the show. The training is what I watch it for, the rest is blah. Can't see how they continue it for more than three seasons. It got renewed but you can't keep training to be an FBI agent and not graduate for five years. That would be a crappy record for a trainee.

great analysis. It sort of started out how LOST ended. too much effort in trying to be clever. I missed lots of it because I would watch "The Good Wife" and during the football season, that show would often not start at 9 and end at 10 but would be pushed to the 10-11 time slot. so I missed a bunch of the earlier shows at it made following the plots and sub plots and sub sub plots tough

great analysis. It sort of started out how LOST ended. too much effort in trying to be clever. I missed lots of it because I would watch "The Good Wife" and during the football season, that show would often not start at 9 and end at 10 but would be pushed to the 10-11 time slot. so I missed a bunch of the earlier shows at it made following the plots and sub plots and sub sub plots tough

The Good Wife is the best show on TV IMO. I hate that it is getting the axe. I hope someone picks it up.

I like half the show. The training is what I watch it for, the rest is blah. Can't see how they continue it for more than three seasons. It got renewed but you can't keep training to be an FBI agent and not graduate for five years. That would be a crappy record for a trainee.

I'd eat curry out of Priyanka Chopra's ass crack. But the show sucks.

There isn't a show on NBC or ABC that isn't riddled with liberal political crap.

But Ted Cruz is as hard to work with as an entire group, so :mrgreen:

I do believe there has been more than enough evidence of Ted being a mainstay in the NO part of the Party of NO. From the 2013 shutdown (over the ACA) to an attempt- which was ignored in 2015 (Planned Parenthood funding)- when he attempted to get a roll call vote other PUBs shouted him down... :shock:

He very publicly attacked PUB House leadership and accused the Speaker of secret deals because the Speaker refused to go along with the second shut down. When he ran out of time and asked for more he was denied extra time by the PUB leadership.

He attacked PUB Senate leader for supposedly joining with Harry Reid to continue PPH funding and 'deny Republican values'.

Senator Graham has been quoted as saying Cruz is the most disruptive senator and passed nothing meaningful. This is AFTER Graham ended his presidential run.

Cruz has a well deserved reputation for being difficult to work with. Not willing to admit this maybe a sign of right wing partisanship rather than TV 'librul' bias...

If Trump wasn't running the GOP would drop him like a bad habit... :peace

There isn't a show on NBC or ABC that isn't riddled with liberal political crap.

Wrong yet again.

Last Man Standing is an American television sitcom starring Tim Allen that currently airs on ABC.

Tim Allen as Michael "Mike" Baxter
Mike is a father of three daughters and the director of marketing for the Outdoor Man chain of sporting goods stores. He fervently supports traditional American values, is a devout Christian, and is politically conservative. Mike loves his daughters but his favorite is clearly Eve, whom he treats as a boy, and whose political beliefs and interests mirror his own. He is proud of her ability to excel at anything she tries, including school work, hunting, and playing sports. Mike often finds himself annoyed with Outdoor Man's witless young employee Kyle, and with Ryan, his son-in-law and the politically liberal father of Mike's grandson Boyd. The video blog or "vlog" that Mike does for Outdoor Man is frequently used as a vehicle to expound on his political views. Mike is a graduate of the University of Michigan, and an amateur radio operator using the call sign KA0XTT.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Man_Standing_(U.S._TV_series)

He constantly takes jabs at liberals in general and Hillary Clinton by name. I take it for what it is and don't find myself needing to come to a forum and whine about it.

Wrong yet again.

Last Man Standing is an American television sitcom starring Tim Allen that currently airs on ABC.

He constantly takes jabs at liberals in general and Hillary Clinton by name. I take it for what it is and don't find myself needing to come to a forum and whine about it.

Well then, they managed to squeeze one show not pushing liberal agendas on their network.

Back
Top Bottom