• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ABC, NBC and CBS Ignore Missouri Voters' Rejection of ObamaCare on Evening Newscasts

Re: ABC, NBC and CBS Ignore Missouri Voters' Rejection of ObamaCare on Evening Newsca

It means that NewsBusters is just as reliable as Media Matters, only right wing. And since we are all so concerned about bias in the media, I think pointing out bias in sourcing is perfectly acceptable. Using a biased source as proof of another groups bias is hilarious, but hardly compelling evidence.

The difference in this case is, Newsbusters is not interpreting (or in MM's case, falsely interpreting) someones words. All they are doing is reporting the fact that the big three ignored this story completely.

If you dispute this, feel free to post the proof that they did in fact report on this story that night.

Re: ABC, NBC and CBS Ignore Missouri Voters' Rejection of ObamaCare on Evening Newsca

The difference in this case is, Newsbusters is not interpreting (or in MM's case, falsely interpreting) someones words. All they are doing is reporting the fact that the big three ignored this story completely.

If you dispute this, feel free to post the proof that they did in fact report on this story that night.

You are taking them at their word(you always do), instead of actually analyzing yourself(like you would if it was a left wing group). The problem is not media bias so much as your personal bias. I do not, and never will, give any more credence to Newsbusters than I do Media Matters, which is to say none. Crying about biased journalism, using biased journalism is hilarious, and ultimately futile.

You are taking them at their word(you always do), instead of actually analyzing yourself(like you would if it was a left wing group). The problem is not media bias so much as your personal bias. I do not, and never will, give any more credence to Newsbusters than I do Media Matters, which is to say none. Crying about biased journalism, using biased journalism is hilarious, and ultimately futile.

In other words, you can't prove them wrong, because they aren't.

Put up or shut up.

In other words, you can't prove them wrong, because they aren't.

Put up or shut up.

And you have not proved them right.

Put up or shut up.

Thats not true. MSNBC was talking about it on Chris Matthews and Morning Joe yesterday.

Shhh -- don't tell Grim that. It will ruin his little fantasy...

Put up or shut up.

And you're a moderator... lololololololololololol

And you're a moderator... lololololololololololol

I think it is time to let you in on the joke now,

We have had this exact same conversation in reverse, with you rejecting sources, and me saying "Prove it wrong". Admittedly, the source in that case was more reliable. I am just having fun watching you do the exact thing you complain about others doing.

On your story, the headline contains all we need to know to realize it is a meaningless story. Only 3 sources are chosen, and they only run 1/2 news shows 5 days a week. We also know, from this thread, that sources which spend more time on news coverage did cover the story. Hrmmm, wonder what that might mean....

It means that NewsBusters is just as reliable as Media Matters, only right wing. And since we are all so concerned about bias in the media, I think pointing out bias in sourcing is perfectly acceptable. Using a biased source as proof of another groups bias is hilarious, but hardly compelling evidence.
Wash you typing fingers out with soap, NewsBusters are just a bunch of whiners and the link in the OP is no exception. They complain that the media reported on the Presidents Birthday. Show me where Media Matters has done this about President Bush. You won't find it. The idiots at NewsBusters complain when the media says something nice about the POTUS or FLOTUS.

By the way, CBS for example cover the Missouri vote on the web. Let Me Google That For You.

I think it is time to let you in on the joke now,

We have had this exact same conversation in reverse, with you rejecting sources, and me saying "Prove it wrong". Admittedly, the source in that case was more reliable. I am just having fun watching you do the exact thing you complain about others doing.

On your story, the headline contains all we need to know to realize it is a meaningless story. Only 3 sources are chosen, and they only run 1/2 news shows 5 days a week. We also know, from this thread, that sources which spend more time on news coverage did cover the story. Hrmmm, wonder what that might mean....
Exactly! Notice they don't mention the 3-hour morning shows those networks have each weekday. Did they even bother monitoring those programs or are they conveniently forgetting what was reported there?

Notice the last line in this non-story.
Brent Baker is Vice President for Research and Publications at the Media Research Center.

:rofl

I was hoping someone would notice the difference. There's ALOT of misinformation concerning the new health care law. As such, it's no wonder many people don't understand "what's in it for them" and believe the that "mandate" is a blanket mandate for anyone who doesn't acquire health insurance. That's not true.

I've been reading the new health care law (HR 3962) and it's very interesting. I plan to start a thread outlining what I see as the good and the bad on it, but it's going to take a few more days (maybe another week or two) before I can put it all together. I'm making progress; I'm up to page 126 so far (I started over since the old bill was dropped; this one reads very different from what I had on file prior to March 2010) and have outlined 10 good things about the bill that I'm convinced most Americans know nothing about. I won't try to address them now, but plan on doing so in the near future.

As far as network coverage of this Missouri vote is concerned, I really don't see why all the fuss. After all, it wasn't a vote on whether or not people hate the new law. It was whether or not the people of Missouri agreed with the insurance mandate. There IS a difference. One state does not a referendum make....but Reps will certainly try to use this as a spring board to repeal the health care bill.

When you're only given a very very short period of time to read 2100 pages, you tend to possibly misread a few things. Who cares?

Gotta love it. This bill has been passed for months now and finally we're going to read what's in it. Oh yea, Obama and his cronies are assholes, flat out.

See this is exactly what I am talking about. I criticize both liberals and conservatives for playing this game and you bring up Beck of all people. Really?

I don't care for Beck and I don't even watch him.

Yeah, I never cared for Beck either. I just didn't like his sound. I don't think I really cared for any of the new bands during that era though.

When you're only given a very very short period of time to read 2100 pages, you tend to possibly misread a few things. Who cares?

Gotta love it. This bill has been passed for months now and finally we're going to read what's in it. Oh yea, Obama and his cronies are assholes, flat out.
What page are you on, dontworrybehappy? :2razz:
Were George W. Bush and Company assholes for invading Iraq where there was no reason to? And never was paid for? How about the Medicare part "D" legislation Bush push though and that wasn't paid for as well.

This just shows how stupid the people at Newsbusters are. Missouri didn't reject 'Obamacare' they voted against the 'mandate' portion only. The vote was seen as symbolic because states can't override Federal law.

They can override federal law if the federal government is overreaching its constitutional powers...

Then why don't you counter it by actually providing evidence that News Busters is in error. Haven't seen anyone do that yet...

I realize in the world of a progressive, what the overwhelming majority of the American people want (in this case, Missouri) is completely irrelevant.... I mean, you folks know better than we do.... but it's nice to here you express this arrogance openly.

Have a wonderfully day o' wise one.

I realize in the world of a True Beck Believer, legal precedent and historical facts or irrelevant. But, please, feel free to argue irrelevancy.

ACtually, you should care because the legistlation will affect you in more positive ways than you realize. Again, I plan to do a thread on this and point out the good and the bad, but I think everyone who has Internet access should download the new law (HR3962) and read it for themselves. Or...

You can wait another week or so and let me spoon feed 'cha. :nahnah:

:coffeepap

What page are you on, dontworrybehappy? :2razz:
Were George W. Bush and Company assholes for invading Iraq where there was no reason to? And never was paid for? How about the Medicare part "D" legislation Bush push though and that wasn't paid for as well.

No reason? What about the two dozen demwits who said he had wmds? Saddam didn't prove he didn't have them so he was taken out.

How many demwits saying he was a threat to us and his neighbors do we need to justify a war? How many broken resolutions?

You know as well as me had bush not taken him out and he used them against us or our allies you'd be the first one to bitch about it. Bush was damned if he did, damned if he didn't.

My sig is proving itself more and more true the more I read on this forum. Jeezum peets.

This thread isn't about bush or the war. I know you're a dem and can get away with it on this forum, but make your own thread about bush and the war. Bush has been out of office almost two years! Get over it!!

Last edited:

No reason? What about the two dozen demwits who said he had wmds? Saddam didn't prove he didn't have them so he was taken out.
How many demwits saying he was a threat to us and his neighbors do we need to justify a war? How many broken resolutions?

You know as well as me had bush not taken him out and he used them against us or our allies you'd be the first one to bitch about it. Bush was damned if he did, damned if he didn't.

My sig is proving itself more and more true the more I read on this forum. Jeezum peets.

This thread isn't about bush or the war. I know you're a dem and can get away with it on this forum, but make your own thread about bush and the war. Bush has been out of office almost two years! Get over it!!
The UN was inspecting Iraq for WMD just prior to the invasion, they had to leave. I think your should change you sig to Conservative Intelligence is an oxymoron. :2razz:

Thats not true. MSNBC was talking about it on Chris Matthews and Morning Joe yesterday.

Did the OP mention MSNBC?

Put up or shut up.

How do you prove that something didn't happen? Much easier to prove that something did happen.

Back
Top Bottom