• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ABC - Atheists, Bible Christians, Catholics

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
My idea:

Atheists and Catholics can find some agreement.
But Bible Christians can never agree with Non-Bible-Christians.

Because anything outside their narrow world is satanic.

Correct?

What is a "Non-Bible-Christian"?

:popcorn2: (No possible way this thread ends well.)

I’m pretty sure he means Sola Scriptura, Sola Fide Christians; those that that believe that the Bible is the only source of knowledge about God and that salvation is only through faith.

I’m pretty sure he means Sola Scriptura, Sola Fide Christians; those that that believe that the Bible is the only source of knowledge about God and that salvation is only through faith.

But don't they also think good works is important? Wouldn't that also mean to stay away from anything satanic?

My idea:

Correct?

Good analysis, Rumpel. And I certainly understand what you mean by the Bible Christians, namely fundamentalist who believe literally in the Bible.
I have long said that I would consider becoming a Christian once again as soon as they can agree among themselves regarding doctrine and belief. In other words, it won’t happen in this lifetime.

Good analysis, Rumpel. And I certainly understand what you mean by the Bible Christians, namely fundamentalist who believe literally in the Bible.
I have long said that I would consider becoming a Christian once again as soon as they can agree among themselves regarding doctrine and belief. In other words, it won’t happen in this lifetime.

Not really. Those kinds get all upset and almost start calling you names if you so much as imply that good works can get you into heaven, no matter how close to being a saint you are. FAITH FAITH FAITH FAITH FAITH! is their motto.

But don't they also think good works is important? Wouldn't that also mean to stay away from anything satanic?
What does the Bible tell you — you share a book! Or do Jehovah's witnesses have their own bible like Mormons?

Quote Originally Posted by watsup View Post

Not really. Those kinds get all upset and almost start calling you names if you so much as imply that good works can get you into heaven, no matter how close to being a saint you are. FAITH FAITH FAITH FAITH FAITH! is their motto.

Why are you talking to yourself?:screwy

Last edited:
What does the Bible tell you — you share a book! Or do Jehovah's witnesses have their own bible like Mormons?

No, we do have a modern version translated into easier to understand English...James said faith without works is dead...

Kind of funny how everyone thinks they know what OP means and everyone has their unique meaning for it. What is clear is that you all like hypocritical Christians. You don't like Christians who are or try to be Christians. You want hypocrisy because it's all you have to give yourselves.

Kind of funny how everyone thinks they know what OP means and everyone has their unique meaning for it. What is clear is that you all like hypocritical Christians. You don't like Christians who are or try to be Christians. You want hypocrisy because it's all you have to give yourselves.

Are you saying that atheists are hypocrites? How so?

If you do not understand what I mean I cannot help you.
But I 'll try:

"Anyone on earth who is not a fanatical fundamental Bible Christian."

You are right! :peace

You count catholics as which?

I count Catholics as Christians.
Bible Christians do NOT count Catholics as Christians.
The think that Catholics are satanic and pagan.
Like the Easter Rabbit - by the way. :cool:

Do you remember:

On 15 April 2019, just before 18:20 CEST, a structure fire broke out beneath the roof of Notre-Dame de Paris cathedral in Paris. By the time it was extinguished, the building's spire collapsed and most of its roof had been destroyed and its upper walls severely damaged. Extensive damage to the interior was prevented by its stone vaulted ceiling, which largely contained the burning roof as it collapsed. Many works of art and religious relics were moved to safety early in the emergency, but others suffered some smoke damage, and some exterior art was damaged or destroyed. The cathedral's altar, two pipe organs, and its three 13th-century rose windows suffered little to no damage. Three emergency workers were injured. Contamination of the site and the nearby environment resulted.

Notre-Dame de Paris fire - Wikipedia

When the Cathedral "Notre Dame" was burning, even atheists were weeping openly in the streets of Paris at the sight.
Bible Christians in the Internet were over-joyed because "idols" were burning down.

So there ....

Hello?
Nobody there any more?
All of a sudden?

:cool:

My idea:

Correct?

Well, isn't the Bible the foundation of all Christian teaching? Simply because a certain element promotes exclusivity and bigotry, it doesn't necessarily follow that there can be no common ground, for even the extremists have to agree with the more moderate sector on some points, or the faith would lack any real direction.

As a friend of mine used to say, 'all generalisations are false, even this one'. :lol:

My idea:

Correct?

where can athesits and catholics find common ground?

Back
Top Bottom