• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Abbas: We will not recognize Israel as a Jewish state

rewind back 6 years:

Arafat recognises Jewish state and limit to return of refugees

Yasser Arafat has told an Israeli newspaper that he recognises Israel's right to remain a Jewish state and is, therefore, prepared to accept the return of only a fraction of the Palestinian refugees.

In an interview with Ha'aretz, published yesterday, the Palestinian leader was asked if he understood that "Israel has to keep being a Jewish state"?

"Definitely," he replied.

Arafat recognises Jewish state and limit to return of refugees | World news | The Guardian

bye, bye, no time to post :bolt

From your link
The Geneva Initiative, which Mr Arafat has endorsed, envisages a similar number and an acknowledgement that Israel contributed to the suffering of refugees.

The Palistine Israeli Journal when asked to look at this by the EU also saw the most important thing was that the Nakba was recognised, that it was recognised that people belonged, that no one was Stateless.

It is a wound which needs to be recognised before it can heal.

Learning the Nakba as a condition for peace and reconciliation

Problem is Arafat has never signed a declaration of such an announcement or made it officially, and so today we have the Palestinian leaders taking a different stance than Arafat and declaring that they won't recognize Israel as a Jewish state.Jews - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I wish an Israeli leader had at least once recognised the Nakba. Not even to the press but around a coffee table.

...you do realize that the vast majority of Palestinians are just ordinary people trying to make a living...

...right?

You do realize these people allow their children to be brainwashed into islam-o-nazi jew haters in grade school.... right?

You do realize these people allow their children to be brainwashed into islam-o-nazi jew haters in grade school.... right?

You do realize this is nothing but a hasty generalization... right?

You do realize this is nothing but a hasty generalization... right?

So you are saying that this doesn't occur? Does the moon come out in your world.

So you are saying that this doesn't occur? Does the moon come out in your world.

Tell me what logical steps you used to conclude that I said these things do no occur from the statement "You do realize this is nothing but a hasty generalization... right?".

Otherwise, you are only misinterpreting my posts in a manner that suits your bias.

Tell me what logical steps you used to conclude that I said these things do no occur from the statement "You do realize this is nothing but a hasty generalization... right?".

Otherwise, you are only misinterpreting my posts in a manner that suits your bias.

So you tell me does it happen or not. By happen I don't mean 1% of the time but is a generally accepted practice.

Back
Top Bottom