• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Abbas: 'Not a single Israeli' in future Palestinian state [W:60]

He said "that no Israeli settlers or border forces could remain in a future Palestinian state and that Palestinians deem illegal all Jewish settlement building within the land occupied in the 1967 Middle East war." In terms of border forces this makes sense. In regards to the settlers, personally, I think it is OK as the settlers are currently on land that is (allegedly) supposed to be part of the future Palestinian state.

He said "that no Israeli settlers or border forces could remain in a future Palestinian state and that Palestinians deem illegal all Jewish settlement building within the land occupied in the 1967 Middle East war." In terms of border forces this makes sense. In regards to the settlers, personally, I think it is OK as the settlers are currently on land that is (allegedly) supposed to be part of the future Palestinian state.

Don't fool yourself. They want a territory that is Judenfrei.

In regards to the settlers, personally, I think it is OK as the settlers are currently on land that is (allegedly) supposed to be part of the future Palestinian state.
I think they should be free to live under the State Of Palestine if they want, exactly how more than 1 million arabs live in Israel and have Israeli citizenship.

I think they should be free to live under the State Of Palestine if they want, exactly how more than 1 million arabs live in Israel and have Israeli citizenship.

I'd be OK with that.

With the slight difference that they'd be lynched about 5 minutes after their settlements would be declared "Palestinian territory".

Shalom slams
Foreign minister says PA failed first test, as Palestinian mobs raid evacuated Gaza Strip settlements early Monday, sows destruction, sets empty synagogues on fire. MK Steinitz: PA not a peace partner. Palestinian officials say they intend to destroy synagogues.

The headline is very misleading. But in my opinion, i believe since the Israeli settlements are illegally there i believe if the state of Palestine is created the PA has the right to do with what they want with them.

Don't fool yourself. They want a territory that is Judenfrei.

And Israel wants a territory that is "Muslim-free." I guess it only sounds evil and Nazi-ish if it's about Jews though.

And Israel wants a territory that is "Muslim-free." I guess it only sounds evil and Nazi-ish if it's about Jews though.

Then why have they lived with Muslims among them for thousands of years?

Because they don't really have a choice.
You have no idea what you're talking about. Israel chose to give the Arabs who remained in Israel after the 48 war citizenship. If it was as "evil and nazi-ish" as you make it out to be, it could just as easily have chosen to kick them out.

With the slight difference that they'd be lynched about 5 minutes after their settlements would be declared "Palestinian territory".

Shalom slams

No doubt, but at least on the paper they should be allowed to do so.

The headline is very misleading. But in my opinion, i believe since the Israeli settlements are illegally there i believe if the state of Palestine is created the PA has the right to do with what they want with them.
Like expell them all?

And Israel wants a territory that is "Muslim-free."
Source of that claim?

No doubt, but at least on the paper they should be allowed to do so.
Sure.
Don't get me wrong, I'm completely against the settlements and as far as I'm concerned they can start the negotiations by evicting those assholes out of there. I was just pointing out that a scenario wherein Israeli settlers would live peacefully under Palestinian rule completely ignores the savagery and barbarism of the Palestinian people. They'd (literally) tear the settlers to shreds in all of five minutes.

Like expell them all?

In my opinion i dont think that would be the correct thing to do, but if they were built illegally and a Palestinian state is created then i believe they do have the right to do so. In my opinion the only way to justify the expulsion of these settlements is to only expell the settlements that were illegally created under internatinoal law.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Israel chose to give the Arabs who remained in Israel after the 48 war citizenship. If it was as "evil and nazi-ish" as you make it out to be, it could just as easily have chosen to kick them out.

The "evil and nazi-ish" was a poke at the language choice of the poster I replied to who used the term "Judenfrei."

They could have tried to kick them all out, but didn't. They also didn't have a choice that Israel is surrounded by countries that are predominantly Muslim.

Seeing as how this is under the martial law of the ME forum, I won't criticize policies of Israel's government. It's not permitted here.

Kerry has just annouced 'ALL' topics are up for discussion. This has to be a breakthrough in and of itself. Failure is not an option, has been repeated over-and-over, let's hope so...

Paul

The "evil and nazi-ish" was a poke at the language choice of the poster I replied to who used the term "Judenfrei."
Fair enough.

They could have tried to kick them all out, but didn't. They also didn't have a choice that Israel is surrounded by countries that are predominantly Muslim.
If you were referring to the period up until the establishment of the state of Israel (when saying that they didn't have a choice but to live alongside Muslims) then I guess we're ok. After that, it's pretty clear Israelis made a conscious choice to live alongside them.

Seeing as how this is under the martial law of the ME forum, I won't criticize policies of Israel's government. It's not permitted here.
:roll:

Would I be wrong in assuming that you are equating Israeli with Palestinian? While you are free to argue over the legitimacy of the claim, Palestinian is viewed as an ethnicity while Israeli refers to a citizen of the Israeli state. And being that the presence of Israeli citizens have been used as a mechanism to claim and maintain control over disputed territory, it's little surprise that any leader would want to avoid the potential issue their presence brings

you seem to be unaware that there are arab and Islamic citizens in Israel. And while it is certainly true elements of the Israeli population would like to see such a policy put into place, the govt and the majority of the people seem self-aware enough to know that from a moral and strategic perspective, it would be committing national suicide

Would I be wrong in assuming that you are equating Israeli with Palestinian? While you are free to argue over the legitimacy of the claim, Palestinian is viewed as an ethnicity while Israeli refers to a citizen of the Israeli state. And being that the presence of Israeli citizens have been used as a mechanism to claim and maintain control over disputed territory, it's little surprise that any leader would want to avoid the potential issue their presence brings
He was probably assuming it was obvious to anyone that Abbas was referring to Jewish Israelis. Do you honestly think Abbas objects to having Palestinian Israelis in the new Palestinian state?

I'm not sure I understand the logic here or if any is actually present. Can you try to explain this?

He was probably assuming it was obvious to anyone that Abbas was referring to Jewish Israelis. Do you honestly think Abbas objects to having Palestinian Israelis in the new Palestinian state?

If they were being used as a mechanism to assert claims to territory? Yes

you seem to be unaware that there are arab and Islamic citizens in Israel. And while it is certainly true elements of the Israeli population would like to see such a policy put into place, the govt and the majority of the people seem self-aware enough to know that from a moral and strategic perspective, it would be committing national suicide
or maybe they're just not as bad as you make them out to be...

If they were being used as a mechanism to assert claims to territory? Yes
How on earth would Israel assert claims to territory based on the residency of Palestinian Israelis in a scenario where the Palestinians already have their state?!?

Why on earth would Palestinian Israelis play along?!??

Back
Top Bottom