• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Abbas condemns Hamas attack; 4 Israelis shot dead (edited)

Re: 4 Israelis shot dead by Hamas terrorists in West Bank(edited)

you have offered information concerning the israeli terrorists, about which i did not previously know
who where those who were arrested by israel for their terrorism and what was the ultimate disposition of their cases?

They weren't arrested for terrorisem, they were arrested for mutiny. The Irgun acted parralel to the IDF, they were partly integrated into the IDF but still followed their own political leaders after the Altalena affair they were all arrested though released after a few weeks and were disppersed in several IDF units instead of their own division.

Altalena Affair - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They weren't arrested for terrorisem, they were arrested for mutiny. The Irgun acted parralel to the IDF, they were partly integrated into the IDF but still followed their own political leaders after the Altalena affair they were all arrested though released after a few weeks and were disppersed in several IDF units instead of their own division.

Altalena Affair - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

thank you for that ... i wanted to see how israel had historically treated terrorists
they returned them to the IDF it seems
thanks again for the honest insight

This is a religious war, not a land war, and it will continue until one side eliminates the other.

The only other alternative is education.

But there would be too much protest against opening up Islamic schools to a more liberalized education for that idea to ever succeed.

This is a religious war, not a land war, and it will continue until one side eliminates the other.

The only other alternative is education.

But there would be too much protest against opening up Islamic schools to a more liberalized education for that idea to ever succeed.

It's also about land.

thank you for that ... i wanted to see how israel had historically treated terrorists
they returned them to the IDF it seems
thanks again for the honest insight

Yea well remember it was 1948, they weren't really picky back then when drafting for the IDF.

Yea well remember it was 1948, they weren't really picky back then when drafting for the IDF.

The IDF was formed during a war that no one would have believed Israel will survive, the 48' war.

It's also about land.

No it's not.

The land issue is an excuse to hang a hat on and is one outsiders can more readily understand.

There would be land aplenty in that region if Muslims genuinely wanted peace, but they don't.

They do not want Jews on "their turf" and every scrap of history recognizes this fact.

It's also about land.

You are referring, no doubt, to the cultural chauvenism of Arabs demanding they control 100% of every square foot of land upon which they have ever stepped foot rather than allow even the tiniest little scrap to be controlled by those they hate.

Yes, there is certainly that.

No it's not.

Actually he's right. It is about land.
It's just that it's not about a specific piece of land in the "holy land", but all of it.

Conflict was there before 67' and before 48', conflict was there from the beginning because Palestinian Arabs could not accept a Palestinian Jewish state formed on parts of the land.
That can be agreed on by both sides; those who claim that the Palestinian Arabs should have recognized the new Jewish state and formed their own state alongside it, and those who claim that they were righteous in trying to annihilate the Jewish state by war.

Last edited:

Actually he's right. It is about land.
It's just that it's not about a specific piece of land in the "holy land", but all of it.

Conflict was there before 67' and before 48', conflict was there from the beginning because Palestinian Arabs could not accept a Palestinian Jewish state formed on parts of the land.
That can be agreed on by both sides; those who claim that the Palestinian Arabs should have recognized the new Jewish state and formed their own state alongside it, and those who claim that they were righteous in trying to annihilate the Jewish state by war.

It's about land only in the sense that Muslims don't want Jews on "their" land.

Of course they don't really want Jews anywhere but this is especially so in the Middle East.

Moderator's Warning:
Let's get it back on track everyone... Abbas / condemnation

Last edited:

Are you capable of speaking in anything but simple minded, reactionary cliches?

Actually, most of the entries of this thread seems to have been written in the "simple-minded, reactionary cliche" style of which you speak.

I attempted to interrupt with some well thought-out text regarding the equality of all human lives, but was then hit over the head with your (and others) strawman "arguments" which seems like they were designed to protect yourself from rational and fair thought regarding people who are different then yourself.

Us versus Them rhetoric has its place in propaganda and advertising. But I'm trying to have a rational and fair argument regarding the Israeli occupation of Palestine - while most posters on this thread are just barking out IDF talking points.

These talking points aren't very respectful of other posters' intelligence, by the way.

Last edited:

I attempted to interrupt with some well thought-out text regarding the equality of all human lives

And nothing says "all human lives are equal" like a picture of some random settler kids being taken to the firing range in a thread about the cold blooded murder of four settlers.

Well, it certainly cannot be argued that you did not make your point.

Actually, most of the entries of this thread seems to have been written in the "simple-minded, reactionary cliche" style of which you speak.

I attempted to interrupt with some well thought-out text regarding the equality of all human lives, but was then hit over the head with your (and others) strawman "arguments" which seems like they were designed to protect yourself from rational and fair thought regarding people who are different then yourself.

Us versus Them rhetoric has its place in propaganda and advertising. But I'm trying to have a rational and fair argument regarding the Israeli occupation of Palestine - while most posters on this thread are just barking out IDF talking points.

These talking points aren't very respectful of other posters' intelligence, by the way.

Qatzel OK, you say you're based in Montreal but you weren't raised and educated in Canada, were you?

As for the subject of this thread, the PA has just stated that it has arrested the terrorists behind the killings.

PA says nabbed West Bank terrorists - Israel News, Ynetnews

That seems like good news so far. I have no confidence in this process anymore but, who knows, maybe they're ready.

If a deal can be struck, how would this effect their neighbours, particularly Syria and Iran?

As for the subject of this thread, the PA has just stated that it has arrested the terrorists behind the killings.

PA says nabbed West Bank terrorists - Israel News, Ynetnews

Now the big question. How does the Palestinian society treats cold blooded murderers? will they get 4 life sentences like the terrorist Ami Poper got for each of his victims? or will they be prisoned just for show like Gandi's murderers, in a prison that lets them go out at night to party on?

Now the big question. How does the Palestinian society treats cold blooded murderers? will they get 4 life sentences like the terrorist Ami Poper got for each of his victims? or will they be prisoned just for show like Gandi's murderers, in a prison that lets them go out at night to party on?

good question
will they be treated like terrorists or freedom fighters?

Well when we came to a peace agreement over NI, Terrorists handed in their arms, I guess this would not happen where you live as I understand everyone has the right to carry a gun. We then released the people who had committed terrorist crimes on both sides.

Some of those terrorists are now in high positions in government. They do not seem to be very keen on getting hostilities going again.

Last edited:

Yeah, like the Israeli society did so well with its cold blooded murderers... :roll: Yitzhak Shamir, Nathan Yellin-Mor, Yehoshua Cohen, Yehoshua Zeitler, Eliyahu Bet-Zuri and Eliyahu Hakim... Except for the last two (who where killed for their crimes), the rest served a long, long, day in prison before being granted amnesty for killing political figures that were trying to bring about peace in Palestine (ie - Bernadotte, Moyne)... :roll:

Its nice to see that the majority of the Pro-Palestinians in this forum support seting those murderers free.

Alexa, I don't know where did you get that from, I certinly have no right to carry arms, I can apply for a license and if the police will approve I will be able to carry a handgun, its the police's right to decide.

Degreez, I can't speek for Israel of the 1950s as I wasn't a part of this Israel, I know that the terrorist Ami Poper who murdered 7 palestinians in cold blood is serving 7 life sentences. I also know that Eden Natan Zada, another terrorist who was lynched by mob after he was already arrested and handcuffed wasn't given a military funeral though he was an IDF soldier at the time he commited his terrorist attack. Murderers should be in prisoned for life, no murderer should see day light and it doesn't matter if he is Jew, Arab or Marsian

Its nice to see that the majority of the Pro-Palestinians in this forum support seting those murderers free.

Alexa, I don't know where did you get that from, I certinly have no right to carry arms, I can apply for a license and if the police will approve I will be able to carry a handgun, its the police's right to decide.

Degreez, I can't speek for Israel of the 1950s as I wasn't a part of this Israel, I know that the terrorist Ami Poper who murdered 7 palestinians in cold blood is serving 7 life sentences. I also know that Eden Natan Zada, another terrorist who was lynched by mob after he was already arrested and handcuffed wasn't given a military funeral though he was an IDF soldier at the time he commited his terrorist attack. Murderers should be in prisoned for life, no murderer should see day light and it doesn't matter if he is Jew, Arab or Marsian

Do not look for human values where hatred prevails over morality.

You can't speak for Israel, but you can say that the majority of the pro-Palestinians in this forum support setting murderers free.

You are the only who has said anything about how murderers should be in imprisoned for life (something I agree with). Does that mean I get to assume that the majority of pro-Israelis on this forum support setting murderers free? No one else has commented on how Israel granted amnesty to its terrorists. Does that give me the right to post a faulty generalization?

I never made any comment on what should happen to them. I simply referred to what happened when Northern Ireland achieved peace.

Well, I got that information from this forum. I suspect from Apocalypse. Like you say you can apply for a licence for a gun if you want one. Why would it be denied to you? It makes the situation more difficult. A solution would need to be found which it was believed by both sides was a fair one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom