• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Abadan Iran Highest Temperature In The World Yesterday

Somewhere on Earth has a record temperature, every day.

What Accuweather is trying to imply but won't say, is that 122 F (50 C) is an all time record. It might be: the Guinness World Record for Furnace Creek Ranch in Death Valley is higher, but it was taken in 1913 when measurements were less reliable. If that reading is considered reliable though, this one would come second.

What was the lowest temperature in the World yesterday?

What was the lowest temperature in the World yesterday?

It would be somewhere in Antarctica, where it's still winter.

According to Timeanddate.com the Amundsen/Scott base AT the South Pole is -81 °F (-63 C)

Last edited:
It isn't the highest temp in the world that matters. Nor the highest temp ever for a given locale. It's that more places are recording high temps more often and lasting longer than ever before with more frequent droughts throughout the world.

It isn't the highest temp in the world that matters. Nor the highest temp ever for a given locale. It's that more places are recording high temps more often and lasting longer than ever before with more frequent droughts throughout the world.

Is this thread even about that, though?

That is not true. Temperatures were hotter between 1910 and 1950, beginning with the hottest temperature ever recorded at 134 °F (56.7 °C) in 1913. Don't you tire of always being wrong?

That's about 35°F hotter than I ever want to be.
Move to Alaska. Anchorage set a record high temperature of 90°F on July 4, 2019, which broke the record of 89°F set on July 4, 1973. Which should tell you that it very rarely gets any warmer. Typically, the Matanuska-Susitna Valley experiences Summer temperatures in the 70°F to 80°F range. You don't even need air conditioning. Just open a window.

Just open a window.
But I heard the mosquitoes up there are so big, they can drain a man's blood in one night.
In fact, I heard one landed at Elmendorf, and the lineman on duty tried to refuel it.

But I heard the mosquitoes up there are so big, they can drain a man's blood in one night.
In fact, I heard one landed at Elmendorf, and the lineman on duty tried to refuel it.
That is why we invented window screens. Besides, the mosquitoes only bother the tourists, but we have warning signs.

Mosquito, Giant.jpg

They're so big in Minnesota that they have FAA tail numbers.

Back
Top Bottom