• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Aaron Neville

watsup

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
I have long been a fan of Aaron Neville and fascinated by this falsetto voice coming out of this linebacker body. Turns out that he truly is a gentle giant, living on a farm in New York State, tending to his vegetables and chickens and concerned about COVID because of his age and asthma. His words:

They said that being almost 80, I would be a prime candidate to get the virus. Plus, I have asthma. I don’t want to get sick. So, I canceled my tour dates and we’ve been home and isolated on our farm in New York. Sarah runs the farm. I do the watering in the greenhouse and whatever else I can. We have about 100 chickens, plus strawberries, tomatoes and honeybees. We have enough food in our freezer thanks to two cows we used to have. Their names were T-Bone and Ribeye. Being from New Orleans, I make a lot of red beans.

“Our living room is now a recording studio. I have my piano plugged into the computer and I play free concerts on Sunday on Facebook. I’m drawn back, almost in a reverie in my mind, to playing the stuff I heard when I was a kid. I play spiritual music. I play doo-wop. It’s what I’m connecting with the most, and it’s bringing so much comfort right now.

“The rest of the time I’m doing what everybody else is doing. I’m staying in. Playing solitaire sometimes. Playing dominoes. Walking out in the yard with my dog, Apache. He’s a shih tzu Pomeranian. About 15 pounds, but he thinks he’s 100 pounds. In the afternoons, I watch my soaps. The Young and the Restless and The Bold and the Beautiful.

“We have a plethora of trees here. I call them my cathedraI. I’ll sit out there and I’ll pray. I pray all the time lately. I pray for my family. I pray for New Orleans. It’s sad what’s going on in my city. So many people sick. I feel for them. I feel for the whole world, wherever people are suffering. I pray and I sing. That’s getting me through. They say he that sings prays twice. What else can you really do?”

What a great person!

That's how to do old age.

I saw him at an outdoor festival a couple years ago - was able to walk right up to the stage.

The guy still has a great voice, and he’s built like a brick shithouse even at his age.

They said that being almost 80, I would be a prime candidate to get the virus. Plus, I have asthma. I don’t want to get sick. So, I canceled my tour dates and we’ve been home and isolated on our farm in New York. Sarah runs the farm. I do the watering in the greenhouse and whatever else I can. We have about 100 chickens, plus strawberries, tomatoes and honeybees. We have enough food in our freezer thanks to two cows we used to have. Their names were T-Bone and Ribeye. Being from New Orleans, I make a lot of red beans.
There is some scientific confirmation that bee keepers live longer, healthier lives.

He is still very active and still has music to contribute. He's doing the right thing for him and I salute him for it.

Back
Top Bottom