• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A year after Elijah McClain's death, activists want charges

dirtpoorchris

King of Videos
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
A year after Elijah McClain'''s death, activists want charges

In the video, the officer turns around McClain and repeats, “Stop tensing up" and says, “Relax, or I’m going to have to change this situation.”Other officers join to restrain McClain, who tells them that he had stopped his music to listen to them and asks them to let him go.

The officers move McClain over the grass in front of an apartment building but what happens next is not clear from the video. Police have said one of the officers applied the neckhold.All three of the officers' body cameras eventually came off during the struggle but continued to record audio. An officer says McClain grabbed one of their guns. McClain can be heard trying to explain himself and sometimes crying out.
“I’m just different. I’m just different, that’s all. That’s all I was doing. I’m so sorry. I have no gun. I don’t do that stuff. I don’t do any fighting. Why were you attacking me? I don’t do guns. I don’t even kill flies. I don’t eat meat," he said, as the officers talk among themselves.
One officer eventually retrieves his camera, which shows McClain handcuffed and laying on his side as another officer leans on him. The leaning officer says, “Move your camera dude” but the camera doesn’t move and continues to show the scene.
McClain suffered two heart attacks on the way to a hospital and was taken off life support six days later.

I think as more people see the video of what happened the protests here are gonna get huge. Police repeatedly choked this guy out and then said he was trying to hurt the officers and then had the police paramedics inject ketamine into his neck after they choked him out (ketamine is a animal tranquilizer meant for animals). The police coroner then said "I cant figure out why hes dead, maybe a heart attack."

The 3 cops that murdered him are still on the force and a cop that made fun of the guy and made a choke holding picture with his buddy where the kid died got fired.

I think this go around with all the protests going on in america its about to get enflamed even more. I dont think this police accountability push by the citizens is going to just disapear.

To anyone that hasnt watched the video.... Man its hard to watch. The black kid begs for his life and the cops choke him out and then inject ketamine right into his neck...

I think as more people see the video of what happened the protests here are gonna get huge. Police repeatedly choked this guy out and then said he was trying to hurt the officers and then had the police paramedics inject ketamine into his neck after they choked him out (ketamine is a animal tranquilizer meant for animals). The police coroner then said "I cant figure out why hes dead, maybe a heart attack."

The 3 cops that murdered him are still on the force and a cop that made fun of the guy and made a choke holding picture with his buddy where the kid died got fired.

I think this go around with all the protests going on in america its about to get enflamed even more. I dont think this police accountability push by the citizens is going to just disapear.

To anyone that hasnt watched the video.... Man its hard to watch. The black kid begs for his life and the cops choke him out and then inject ketamine right into his neck...

How about you post the whole truth in context? Omission is a form of lying

How about you post the whole truth in context? Omission is a form of lying

There is ZERO evidence in this case that the police acted appropriately. They straight up murdered that kid because they wanted to.

The activists should just be patient for a few more months.

When de facto President Harris takes over, any cop who even looks at certain people in an unfriendly manner will be charged with, at the very least, being disrespectful.

Nothing in the video shows any wrongdoings. What are you referring to?

Nothing in the video shows any wrongdoings. What are you referring to?

Then you havent watched the whole video or looked for it. Of him begging for his life and them choking him out and then injecting ketamine into his neck. All for walking down the street with a mask on and listening to headphones. They even try to make up that he reached for their gun and the cop was like "Whos gun did he reach for? Oh... He reached for mine?.... Oh....." all on camera.

Then you havent watched the whole video or looked for it. Of him begging for his life and them choking him out and then injecting ketamine into his neck. All for walking down the street with a mask on and listening to headphones. They even try to make up that he reached for their gun and the cop was like "Whos gun did he reach for? Oh... He reached for mine?.... Oh....." all on camera.

so full of it.
Elijah McClain: Body cam shows events that led to 23-year-old's death | USA TODAY - YouTube

They murdered that kid. They choked him out twice and then injected Ketamine into his neck. Guy was 140 pounds and 5'4" and in handcuffs...

Hrm, I wonder why people are rioting and burning down metropolises right now?

Well, this IS a first. A libertarian that doesn't kiss police ass.

I am impressed.

Back
Top Bottom