• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

A women president verses Men

kmhowe72

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Do you think a women should be running for president. Or do you think this country can only handle a man to be president. is this country ready?

Personally I am a women. and I don't think this country is ready for one.

What'd be wrong with that? Because they have an evil vagina they can't lead? Many Native American tribes were led by women.

Women can do just as well as a president as men. Does this mean she'll win the election? Doubt it, the Bible belt will hold her down.

If she did win, it'd be fine. Except for a few days each month..then the VP could fill in for her....:mrgreen:

Fear the presidental uterus of doom!

I do not believe the country is ready for a woman prez. I believe in the core family values where the man is the symbol and the woman is the partner. I am not a pig by any means, but I think a woman prez would be a step in the wrong direction.

Truth be told, a woman would probably do a better job.

There are those who are against the idea.

There are those who are enthusiastically for the idea.

Me? I have no interest in the sex of the candidate. My only interests with respect to any political candidate are in political philosophy and capability, in that order.

My question for those of you who do -- and this is a serious question -- what would a woman do differently that makes a woman a better or worse choice?

Harshaw said:
My question for those of you who do -- and this is a serious question -- what would a woman do differently that makes a woman a better or worse choice?

Many men, from almost all major religions, will not take orders from women of power. It would be a joke to them. Considering the percieved power of the presidency, this would not be a good thing.

vauge said:
I do not believe the country is ready for a woman prez. I believe in the core family values where the man is the symbol and the woman is the partner. I am not a pig by any means, but I think a woman prez would be a step in the wrong direction.

Oh, come on. A uterus or penis should not force a person into a particular role. I don't see a problem a woman wants to be the breadwinner or a man the homemaker.

Male religious leaders don't want to accept her authority? Their bad luck. They'll be the ones who get screwed over.

What about the issues that Rice has had as National Security Adviser?

Many foreign leaders chuckle when she speaks. Personally, I like her and think she is an excellent pick. But, add even more power, and a woman would not help the perception of America one bit.

vauge said:
Many foreign leaders chuckle when she speaks. Personally, I like her and think she is an excellent pick. But, add even more power, and a woman would not help the perception of America one bit.

Well, then. Here's my rebuttal - maybe you'll even agree in part:

I think this we should continue in the proud and patriotic American tradition of not giving a damn about what foreign leaders think. I don't believe that we should flaunt our superpower status at every possible opportunity, but if we ever do elect a woman as president, and some foreign leader disrespects that, that's when we have to get in their face and remind them that we're calling the shots, especailly when it comes to what's going on in our own country.

On another note, I think that we're just about ready for a female president. Other female leaders are respected in the United States. We have had many female governors, cabinet members, and senators. We've even had a few supreme court judges.

kmhowe72 said:
Well the men won't have chioce will they.

****in' a. I think a lot of us are kind of swayed by the sheer novelty of a woman being the most powerful person in the world. I bet insecure Middle Eastern patriarchs at all levels of power laugh at the idea. I'd love to their faces if it happens. You say foriegn cultures still aren't ready for it but I can't of better way to make them hurry up and grow the **** up.

Margaret Thatcher didn't have too much of a problem.

Back
Top Bottom