• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A woman's history of vaginal orgasm is discernible from her walk.

Slartibartfast

Jesus loves you.
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
A woman's history of vaginal orgasm is discernible... [J Sex Med. 2008] - PubMed result

METHODS: Women with known histories of either vaginal orgasm or vaginal anorgasmia were videotaped walking on the street, and their orgasmic status was judged by sexologists blind to their history. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURE: The concordance between having had orgasms triggered by penile-vaginal intercourse (not orgasm from direct clitoral stimulation) and raters' inferences of vaginal orgasm history based on observation of the woman's walk was the main outcome measure. RESULTS: In the sample of healthy young Belgian women (half of whom were vaginally orgasmic), history of vaginal orgasm (triggered solely by penile-vaginal intercourse) was diagnosable at far better than chance level (81.25% correct, Fisher's Exact Test P < 0.05) by appropriately trained sexologists. Clitoral orgasm history was unrelated to both ratings and to vaginal orgasm history. Exploratory analyses suggest that greater pelvic and vertebral rotation and stride length might be characteristic of the gait of women who have experienced vaginal orgasm (r = 0.51, P < 0.05). CONCLUSIONS: The discerning observer may infer women's experience of vaginal orgasm from a gait that comprises fluidity, energy, sensuality, freedom, and absence of both flaccid and locked muscles.

I wonder how many people decide to go people watching after reading this.

LOL

I walk with a limp - but trust me - my orgasms are quite spectacular.

I don't know; I'm skeptical.
There's really only one type of orgasm: vaginal. Regardless of how it's triggered, it's still the same thing.
It is characterized by rhythmic muscle contractions in the vagina and uterus.
Some women have them from intercourse, some women have them from clit stimulation, some women have them from nipple stimulation alone, or from squeezing their thighs together, or from humping a pillow, or merely from fantasizing. Some women have them in their sleep. My first few orgasms, I had in my sleep, and they woke me up. These happened when I was pregnant, and full of hormones.
Shortly after this, I had my first orgasm from oral sex (total shock; it wasn't even with a guy that I liked very much), and then I learned how to have orgasms from clit stimulation. Now I can have them easily, whenever I want. But I have never had an orgasm from penetration alone.
I don't feel bad about this: like I said, all orgasms are the same thing, really. It doesn't matter how they are triggered. Physiologically, there is no difference.
I think men just like the idea of penetrative orgasm because they like to feel like they bear the full responsibility for their partner's orgasms. I think it's a control issue.

In fact, most women will never have an orgasm from penetration alone.
Even when women do have orgasms during intercourse, it's usually attributable to friction on the clit, other types of stimulation, a variety of factors.
An orgasm is an orgasm. They're all "vaginal". They're all the same. There isn't any other kind.

* 50-60% of women will never have an orgasm via intercourse and will require clitoral stimulation to climax.
* 30% of women will have a reliable orgasm with intercourse.
* 10% of women will orgasm with intercourse and could possibly have sequential orgasms.
* 5% of women have true multiple orgasms only through intercourse and these women typically find oral sex uncomfortable.

It's also important to recognize that there really isn't such a thing as "vaginal" or "clitoral" orgasms. That terminology was invented mostly by psychologists way back when, before we even had real study on women's sexuality or on human orgasm in general. Orgasms happen primarily in our brains and nervous systems, we simply feel the effects in our whole bodies, including our genitals. Women may arrive at orgasm through clitorial stimulus, but that doesn't make that orgasm clitoral.

I can't orgasm from intercourse and it's ruining my relationship! | Scarleteen

This whole "clitoral vs vaginal" orgasm idea originated with Freud, who came up with the theory that there are two physiologically different types of orgasms, and which type a woman has is determined by her personality type and maturity level.
Scientists now understand that this theory was based upon an imperfect understanding of the female anatomy. It has been thoroughly debunked.

As a woman, would you say that orgams triggered one way or another is more pleasurable?

As a woman, would you say that orgams triggered one way or another is more pleasurable?

All of the orgasms I've ever had (except for the ones I had in my sleep) have involved clit stimulation- either by myself or somebody else, vibrator, fingers, tongue, whatever.
Some orgasms are much more intense than others; some are of longer duration than others.
I don't know what determines this- how tired I am, maybe. How long I hold off from having an orgasm, how long it's been since I last had one. How turned on I am by the person I'm with or the situation I'm in.
But not "how it's triggered', because mine are all triggered the same way.

I guess the parallel would be, does a male have different/ better orgasms from intercourse or from having his balls sucked and his prostate fingered?
I mean... either way, the orgasm itself is the same physiological action, correct?
Semen comes out of his dick. That's what a male orgasm is. That's all it ever is, no matter how it occurs or what leads up to it.
How good or how intense it is or how long it lasts probably depends on a lot of different factors other than the manner in which the orgasm was triggered.

For me it's the opposite - I don't actually like clit-stimulation very much. I've orgasmed that way, though. I know that guys are told it's great and so on - but focusing on that just irritates me. But I have multiple vaginal orgasms all the time - my husband can work magic :)

So - I think there is a HUGE difference in the sensation and location of the orgasm - absolutely.

That's the perk behind being a woman - the options we have. Our orgasms, through scientific means, have also been proven to be various and more intense than a man's. Lucky us!

Last edited:
I think this study is silly and likely based on some perv's desire to "study" orgasms. My gait is swingy & fluid mostly because I have very strong obliques. IME it has little to do with leg muscles and more from the sides of the abs. On the days I work my abs, I can feel it in my oliques later when I'm walking.

A woman's pelvic bones also make her walk differently than males. There may be a change in a woman's walk after childbirth as the pelvis is usually changed forever. I would suggest the pelvis has more to do with gait than anything that goes on in the vagina.

Well - I think the connection isn't that "your orgasm changes the way you walk" - I think it points to what you suggested: muscle-tone, hip flexibility and so on. Suggesting that orgasm are likely related to these things, as well - not just what your partner is capable of doing.

quote from the report.
CONCLUSIONS: The discerning observer may infer women's experience of vaginal orgasm from a gait that comprises fluidity, energy, sensuality, freedom, and absence of both flaccid and locked muscles. Results are discussed with regard to previous research on gait, the effect of the musculature on sexual function, the special nature of vaginal orgasm, and implications for sexual therapy

Last edited:
I didn't read the study because I thought the premise was flawed and a little perverted, but given what you posted, wouldn't the true finding of the study be that increased muscle tone effects orgasms?

yeah, that being part of it - and flexibility (muscle and otherwise).

I think there's also a psychological connection (not discussed in the article) about how a woman *feels* about herself and how she *carries* herself. . . Orgasms might also be psychological in nature (to some degree, and maybe not for everyone).
I read a scientific report on this a very long time ago but can't find it, now - if I do I'll post it, it was interesting but not overtly about sex-itself (it was about self-perception AND how you carry yourself) . . . but here's one article i did find that seemed interesting on the subject what makes a woman sexy

I think it's also psychological for the man, as well - if a man finds you *very* attractive (in part because of how you carry yourself) then your intimate experiences might be more appetizing.

I think this (OP) report is very thin - doesn't discuss it fully enough.

This is an interesting discussion.

:popcorn2:

:mrgreen:

Last edited:
I find it funny when sociological sciences try to make generalizations like this. I just hope private funds paid for the study.

Back
Top Bottom