• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A woman will appear on redesigned $10 bill in 2020. Who will it be?

PIPEWRENCH

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...f7c3ee-153c-11e5-89f3-61410da94eb1_story.html

Who is your pick?
Has a person already been picked?
Should it be Hillary if elected to president?
Should it be put to a vote by the people?

A joke from Good Morning America was Rosa Parks on the back of the bill. OUCH.

I don't like Hillary but I would be OK with her on the 10 dollar bill if she indeed became the first woman president.
I would be OK with multiple women featured on the 10 dollar bill the way we did with the quarters.

they should put a women on there with some moral ethics about them.
Clinton is the last person I would put on a bill.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...f7c3ee-153c-11e5-89f3-61410da94eb1_story.html

Who is your pick?

I don't like Hillary but I would be OK with her on the 10 dollar bill if she indeed became the first woman president.
I would be OK with multiple women featured on the 10 dollar bill the way we did with the quarters.
Such an honor should never ever be bestowed on a sill-living person. JMO.

So liberals are once again pandering to women. How predictable. People why are you pandering to the majority class?

There is no good reason to put a woman on the ten dollar bill at this point in time.

So liberals are once again pandering to women. How predictable. People why are you pandering to the majority class?

There is no good reason to put a woman on the ten dollar bill at this point in time.
Can you think of a good reason not to?

There's no bad reason either

Who is your pick?

I believe that plan is no longer likely:

Let's Get It Done: Put a Woman on the Front of the $10 Bill Now!

there have been women on coins before.

susan b Anthony,
Sacagawea was on the 1 dollar coin. also the last time I checked the cheerio Sacagawea dollar was still going for 10k dollars.
Martha Washington was on the 1 dollar silver note for a while.

Can you think of a good reason not to?

Because none of them have been president.

All the so called historical women have been women of social historical relevance.

Because none of them have been president.

All the so called historical women have been women of social historical relevance.
Neither Alexander Hamilton nor Benjamin Franklin were President, also. Nor was Salmon P. Chase.

Take 2?

Neither Alexander Hamilton nor Benjamin Franklin were President, also. Nor was Salmon P. Chase.

Take 2?

The first two played an important role in the formation of the country. As for Chase, that was a bull****, and I hardly see how doing something wrong twice is a good idea.

Again, why do you approve of the pandering to women? Why are we pandering to the majority as a country all the time?

The first two played an important role in the formation of the country. As for Chase, that was a bull****, and I hardly see how doing something wrong twice is a good idea.

Again, why do you approve of the pandering to women? Why are we pandering to the majority as a country all the time?
:lol: You have nowhere to go with your point, such as it was, so you try and turn it around and steer the focus back on me asking why I approve, as if I'm actively pushing for it. Transparent, but nicely so. :lol:

Anyway, ok, I get it, you don't have a reason not to. Other than maybe "because that's the way we've always done it".

Then again, you do specifically say it's "wrong". Would you care to expand on that?

Changing direction (for everybody, not just you): Ideally, what *I* would like to see is removing everybody from our bills. Put national symbols on them instead. We could have the Liberty Bell on one bill, Independence Hall on another, the Declaration of Independence on another, the Statue of Liberty on another, a bald eagle on another, Monica's blue dress on still another.

Ok, that last one was a joke, but the rest I would be fully in favor of.

Who is your pick?

I'd narrow the list down to past Playboy centerfolds. At that point, I'm good with any pick.

:lol: You have nowhere to go with your point, such as it was, so you try and turn it around and steer the focus back on me asking why I approve, as if I'm actively pushing for it. Transparent, but nicely so. :lol:

Anyway, ok, I get it, you don't have a reason not to. Other than maybe "because that's the way we've always done it".

Then again, you do specifically say it's "wrong". Would you care to expand on that?

Changing direction (for everybody, not just you): Ideally, what *I* would like to see is removing everybody from our bills. Put national symbols on them instead. We could have the Liberty Bell on one bill, Independence Hall on another, the Declaration of Independence on another, the Statue of Liberty on another, a bald eagle on another, Monica's blue dress on still another.

Ok, that last one was a joke, but the rest I would be fully in favor of.

I actually like that idea. I never really liked the idea of honoring leaders of a nation or important figures on money. Then again, I don't much care for monuments that do the same thing.

I also did list reasons to not do so. :shrug:

Who is your pick?

A bit surprised the PC crowd doesn't want Catlin Jenner ! :lamo

A bit surprised the PC crowd doesn't want Catlin Jenner ! :lamo

Please resist any urge you might have in giving liberals ideas.

Back
Top Bottom