• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A woman can cheat on you, tell you a child is yours when it's not and then keep you on the hook for 18 years even after you prove it's not your child.

No, that's just one thing.
And what are the other things? Which of them match up to less pay for the same work, or high percentage of rape victims, or thousands of years of oppression?

Why do you think giving attention to male issues is an affront to female issues?
:rolleyes:

It isn't. It's that the bad faith of the toxic incels is rather obvious, when all they do is squeal about their own deliberate misrepresentations of child support laws.

Which of them match up

You are literally incapable of not making it a victim competition. The issues men face deserve attention too, regardless of who the biggest victim is.

toxic incel

By the way this is a weak ad hominem. Find me the incel that talks about how destructive toxic masculinity is and that supports positive feminism. I guess my wife is a toxic incel too.

You are literally incapable of not making it a victim competition. The issues men face deserve attention too, regardless of who the biggest victim is.
:rolleyes:

Having a perspective on the severity of different types of injustices is not "making a competition."

Besides, the "issue" the OP is talking about? It's not a real issue. It's a bunch of BS, hyped up by some dude who is terrified of losing his privilege. (We should also note that the fabrication of issues shows the utter paucity and shallowness of the MRA position....)

By the way this is a weak ad hominem.
Right. It's not like you used the phrase "toxic feminists" a bunch of times in this thread. :LOL:

Everyone here is ignoring what was in the very first post--the best interests of the child. What's awesome is when a man steps up to the plate and raises a child he knows isn't his. I used to be a Protective worker. Here's a case: Mom and Dad had been married awhile, split up for about a year, got back together and she soon announced she was pregnant. They never knew for sure if it was his; DNA testing for paternity wasn't a thing then, or he just didn't care. Well, down the road a ways, they split up for good. Mom had custody, but after some years, she couldn't cope any longer, had mental health issues, so we took custody and reached out to "dad." He asked for the DNA test, which we obliged. He was not the father. Without batting an eye (he just wanted to know), he took full custody, even though he was a single man living on disability from the service, and he turned his life inside out to become a single parent. Everyone who could helped out, I seem to remember bringing him 2 cookbooks and a toaster.

His son, who had always thought of him as Dad didn't know the difference. So things worked out for the CHILD. And "Dad" made him a happy home.

God, I loved that man.

This is evil. You can be hooked for 18 years even after you prove she cheated and the child isn't yours. The particular case I'm showing here is just an example. It's the standard that is the issue. Men are being forced under threat of jail to pay for children that they were tricked into believing are theirs. If a man accepts a child as his under false pretenses the agreement should be invalid

Because it is about the child... not the mother.

If a man accepts a child as his under false pretenses the agreement should be invalid

If he has accepted the child as his why would he not want to continue being the child's dad?

If he has accepted the child as his why would he not want to continue being the child's dad?

Not everybody wants an adopted child. That's not what he thought he was accepting.

I edited my post, and your anecdotal success with this might be just that. For clarification do you believe there is any bias in custody battles?
Loaded question. The questions implies that either all such battles have bias or none do.

Not everybody wants an adopted child. That's not what he thought he was accepting.

It is not an adopted child... he thought it was his child and he became the legal father.

This is evil. You can be hooked for 18 years even after you prove she cheated and the child isn't yours. The particular case I'm showing here is just an example. It's the standard that is the issue. Men are being forced under threat of jail to pay for children that they were tricked into believing are theirs. If a man accepts a child as his under false pretenses the agreement should be invalid.

https://dadsdivorce.com/articles/as...t-yours-can-i-kick-my-spouse-out-of-my-house/

"Family courts are courts of equity and if the biological father is not produced, the courts may completely overlook your victimization because the court is focused on the best interest of the child. What is in the child’s best interest may be to continue to require you to support the child, even though you know you are not the biological father."

"In addition to proving that the mother committed fraud, it is important to also identify and locate the biological father. Even if you can prove you are not the biological father, the court may not change the judgment. It is unlikely that the court will remove you as the father unless there is another man it can name as the child’s father."
You think that's bad? There was a case where a guy was the sperm donor for a lesbian couple that wanted a kid. The lesbians got a divorce and he got stuck with child support.

It is not an adopted child... he thought it was his child and he became the legal father.

If a man thought it was his child because he was told it was by a woman that cheated on him and was impregnated by another man then that agreement should be invalid if the man that was deceived no longer wants to take care of the child. Nobody should be forced to pay for a child they were deceived into thinking was theirs.

You think that's bad? There was a case where a guy was the sperm donor for a lesbian couple that wanted a kid. The lesbians got a divorce and he got stuck with child support.

What's even more disturbing is the people trying to justify this disgusting practice.

Men get significantly bigger prison sentences for the same crimes on average.

But are the suspects apples to apples? Sentencing jurisdictions? “The same crime” doesn’t really mean anything. judges take behavior into account when sentencing. Men tend to be more violent than women, more physically demonstrative and aggressive.

But are the suspects apples to apples? Sentencing jurisdictions? “The same crime” doesn’t really mean anything. judges take behavior into account when sentencing. Men tend to be more violent than women, more physically demonstrative and aggressive.

Maybe you should read some of the studies that have been done. They're pretty good at accounting for variables. Are you really surprised that men would get harsher sentences? Society in general has less empathy for men so there's more of a desire to get revenge when they do something wrong. That's true for sex crimes especially.

This is evil. You can be hooked for 18 years even after you prove she cheated and the child isn't yours. The particular case I'm showing here is just an example. It's the standard that is the issue. Men are being forced under threat of jail to pay for children that they were tricked into believing are theirs. If a man accepts a child as his under false pretenses the agreement should be invalid.

https://dadsdivorce.com/articles/as...t-yours-can-i-kick-my-spouse-out-of-my-house/

"Family courts are courts of equity and if the biological father is not produced, the courts may completely overlook your victimization because the court is focused on the best interest of the child. What is in the child’s best interest may be to continue to require you to support the child, even though you know you are not the biological father."

"In addition to proving that the mother committed fraud, it is important to also identify and locate the biological father. Even if you can prove you are not the biological father, the court may not change the judgment. It is unlikely that the court will remove you as the father unless there is another man it can name as the child’s father."

The system places the well-being of the child above that of the father, and anyone who disagrees is the evil one.

Maybe you should read some of the studies that have been done. They're pretty good at accounting for variables. Are you really surprised that men would get harsher sentences? Society in general has less empathy for men so there's more of a desire to get revenge when they do something wrong. It's true for sex crimes especially.

I’m not interested in your emotional take on data. Which studies are you citing and which sections deal with the items I’m asking for? If you‘ve already accounted for this in your own analysis, why not distill it for me with links to supporting data?

Women don’t tend to commit sex crimes tho. You don’t seem to be interested in context for anything, just broad statements with no underlying support.

"It is unlikely that the court will remove you as the father unless there is another man it can name as the child’s father."

Could you explain to me what that means? And yes, it is difficult to prove fraud in a family court because mom can just say she didn't know. It's "dad's" responsibility to prove otherwise, which is hard.

The child is better off with a father than without a father. They aren't going to remove a parent from the child's life without another present to pick up the slack.

I’m not interested in your emotional take on data. Which studies are you citing and which sections deal with the items I’m asking for? If you‘ve already accounted for this in your own analysis, why not distill it for me with links to supporting data?

Women don’t tend to commit sex crimes tho. You don’t seem to be interested in context for anything, just broad statements with no underlying support.

If you actually care to learn something go do some research yourself. I provided three credible links. There are a lot more out there. At the end of the day I don't actually think I can change your mind. You'll have to approach the issue with good faith and give yourself the chance to do that yourself.

The child is better off with a father than without a father. They aren't going to remove a parent from the child's life without another present to pick up the slack.

A man that was deceived into believing he was a father should not be on the hook for 18 years. Why not saddle you with the responsibility instead? You are a reasonable person. You really don't think this is wrong?

The system places the well-being of the child above that of the father, and anyone who disagrees is the evil one.

He's not the father though. He is a victim that was tricked into accepting a child that's not actually his.

If a man thought it was his child because he was told it was by a woman that cheated on him and was impregnated by another man then that agreement should be invalid if the man that was deceived no longer wants to take care of the child. Nobody should be forced to pay for a child they were deceived into thinking was theirs.
If he takes on that responsibility without verification then he maintains that responsibility. I do agree that should the actual bio father be found then it should be an automatic transfer of responsibility. But as a general rule, if you take on the responsibility it is yours.

He's not the father though. He is a victim that was tricked into accepting a child that's not actually his.

When paternity is being determined, it is important to know all the facts. DNA, blood test, working out when the woman was impregnated - that should all be automatic. If the court won't do that, in self-defense, the putative father should. (You would think that the mother would also be interested in the outcome of such testing, but let that go.)

The putative father in the case above is @ least twice a victim - he didn't know his prospective partner & life mate @ all well, if she's capable of framing him for child support until the child reaches his/her majority. Whether she's deliberately lying or not makes no difference to the level of financial commitment (& emotional & psychological) that the alleged father is about to undertake. It's just like any other commercial transaction: caveat emptor. Make sure you know what you're getting into, & what the level of commitment is, & how long that commitment will last.

Poor little incels. Angry men who treat women like crap can't handle anything that punctures their fragile man-boy egos.

Back
Top Bottom