• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A woman can cheat on you, tell you a child is yours when it's not and then keep you on the hook for 18 years even after you prove it's not your child.

why don't they just get a DNA test?

It would be insulting to a good partner to ask her for a DNA test when the baby is born. After the baby is born the man can be liable even if the test proves he is not the father.

If you prove, with a DNA test, that the baby isn't yours, you won't have to pay child support.

"It is unlikely that the court will remove you as the father unless there is another man it can name as the child’s father."

That's true even if a DNA test proved you are not the father.

If you prove, with a DNA test, that the baby isn't yours, you won't have to pay child support.

Seriously, it's pretty uncommon for a woman to falsely accuse someone of being the dad.

There's a lot more common things to worry about when dating, than being accused of being a dad.
Actually not always. Some states rule that if you have established a standard as a presumptive parent you can be ordered to still pay support. But it's quite rare

It would be insulting to a good partner to ask her for a DNA test when the baby is born. After the baby is born the man can be liable even if the test proves he is not the father.

i'm not talking about the mother.

i'm not talking about the mother.

I know. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough. Even if a DNA test proves the man is not the father he can still be on the hook for 18 years.

"It is unlikely that the court will remove you as the father unless there is another man it can name as the child’s father."

I know. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough. Even if a DNA test proves the man is not the father he can still be on the hook for 18 years.

It's so rare that when a case happens it is front page news

It's so rare that when a case happens it is front page news

Is the fact that it happens at all a sign of a court system that is stacked against men?

Is the fact that it happens at all a sign of a court system that is stacked against men?
Not really. Women get screwed in divorce and family court every day

Not really. Women get screwed in divorce and family court every day

It's about the balance though. Who gets screwed more? Who is multiple times more likely to win custody and be awarded money from the other parent? Who is more often the victim of unfair bias? The general abuse of men by family courts is well documented.

This is evil. You can be hooked for 18 years even after you prove she cheated and the child isn't yours. The particular case I'm showing here is just an example. It's the standard that is the issue. Men are being forced under threat of jail to pay for children that they were tricked into believing are theirs. If a man accepts a child as his under false pretenses the agreement should be invalid.

https://dadsdivorce.com/articles/as...t-yours-can-i-kick-my-spouse-out-of-my-house/

"Family courts are courts of equity and if the biological father is not produced, the courts may completely overlook your victimization because the court is focused on the best interest of the child. What is in the child’s best interest may be to continue to require you to support the child, even though you know you are not the biological father."

"In addition to proving that the mother committed fraud, it is important to also identify and locate the biological father. Even if you can prove you are not the biological father, the court may not change the judgment. It is unlikely that the court will remove you as the father unless there is another man it can name as the child’s father."
Let's see. What do the pro-lifers tell a woman who finds herself pregnant and wishes to have an abortion? Ah....

Maybe the guy should have kept it in his pants.

It's about the balance though. Who gets screwed more? Who is multiple times more likely to win custody and be awarded money from the other parent? Who is more often the victim of unfair bias? The general abuse of men by family courts is well documented.
Not really. Times have changed. Much of that is over stated

Let's see. What do the pro-lifers tell a woman who finds herself pregnant and wishes to have an abortion? Ah....

Maybe the guy should have kept it in his pants.

It's not even his ****ing kid Calamity. Are you serious right now? You're using whataboutism to undermine a man being victimized.

How could a woman that cheated and was impregnated by another man not have engaged in deception?
:rolleyes:

News flash! Women don't have built-in paternity tests. I.e. if they are having sex with more than one man, they don't necessarily know the identity of the father.

Also the lawyer goes into detail about just how difficult it is to prove fraud to the court.
That's because... wait for it... he's a lawyer. Aside from wanting to drum up business, it does -- and SHOULD -- take more than spending 30 seconds filling out a form to justifiably stop paying child support.

:rolleyes:

News flash! Women don't have built-in paternity tests. I.e. if they are having sex with more than one man, they don't necessarily know the identity of the father.

That's because... wait for it... he's a lawyer. Aside from wanting to drum up business, it does -- and SHOULD -- take more than spending 30 seconds filling out a form to justifiably stop paying child support.

The part where she didn't tell the guy she was ****ing other guys is kind of deceptive. If you're having sex with other people you know damn well it might not be dude's kid.

Could you explain to me what that means? And yes, it is difficult to prove fraud in a family court because mom can just say she didn't know. It's "dad's" responsibility to prove otherwise, which is hard.

Ah, so now you *do* want to focus on this individual case? Cause you just scolded me that it didn’t matter and we need to look at the bigger picture?

THat comment is based on a host of criteria laid out in your own article. It’s not in a vacuum, nor are there any implications of gender bias.

Ah, so now you *do* want to focus on this individual case? Cause you just scolded me that it didn’t matter and we need to look at the bigger picture?

THat comment is based on a host of criteria laid out in your own article. It’s not in a vacuum, nor are there any implications of gender bias.

I expected feminists to explain this away and have no empathy for victimized men as usual.

Men and women are both discriminated against in various situations. The problem is the issues men face do not get the attention they deserve while feminism is mainstream. Any effort to bring attention to discrimination against men is often seen as an attempt to undermine the issues women face. Society in general has very little empathy towards men. Our issues are not important to society and many people just roll their eyes at attempts to talk about the struggles of men.

They're important, but the child's future is also @ issue. See https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/paternity-issues-child-support-29847.html for a more balanced view of court paternity. The site stresses that court proceedings @ the point of divorce or determination of paternity must be taken seriously, & replied to promptly. It's your best chance to contest the facts of the matter.

The situation in the OP is after the fact. What is actually needed is for everyone to slow down, & get to know each other, family. relatives, friends, work & life situations, before committing to live together, marry, have children. If you don't have the patience to work your way through a relationship that way, a marriage & children probably isn't going to go well either.

The key is to know the person you're in relationship with.

I expected feminists to explain this away and have no empathy for victimized men as usual.

I don’t know what any of that is supposed to mean. Am I supposed to just agree with you if I disagree with you? And I don’t even know that I disagreed with you, just your framing of this issue which is very myopic. IT seems you want to prove there is a gender bias but nothing in your own article gets you there.

I don’t know what any of that is supposed to mean. Am I supposed to just agree with you if I disagree with you? And I don’t even know that I disagreed with you, just your framing of this issue which is very myopic. IT seems you want to prove there is a gender bias but nothing in your own article gets you there.

Do men in our society also face unique problems and discrimination for the fact that they are men?

i need to know the actual number of these cases per year (where the non-biological father still has to pay child support when he contests it). and can we get the details on each case?

You seriously believe men do not face problems that are unique to men in our society?

Unless you feel you aren’t articulately explaining yourself and rephrase, my answer isn’t gonna change. Wanna expand on your point or just keep asking me? I like typing “nope.” Good word.

Unless you feel you aren’t articulately explaining yourself and rephrase, my answer isn’t gonna change. Wanna expand on your point or just keep asking me? I like typing “nope.” Good word.

So put another way you believe men cannot experience sexism?

So put another way you believe men cannot experience sexism?

”Experience” it? HAHHAHAAH oh **** no. Not ever. Nope. OOo - got to use it, one more time: NOPE. Feels sooooo good.

Back
Top Bottom