• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A West Coast storm breaks records as another storm threatens 70 million Americans in the eastern US

Loulit01

Leftist Filth
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

Anyone out that way? How are you?

I live in the California Central Valley and we are being drenched right now, but it is all good. We have been starved for water.

Last edited:
Worst part of the Southern California portion of the storm is supposed to hit the Los Angeles Basin right now -- maybe somewhere, but not here.

Northern California is having the main impact of the current atmospheric river.

the rain for CA is good news? no?

mh if its still going on ill provide some radar snapshots

CD7117F7-D2E3-456E-88E7-29D239553BFE.jpg8047F378-A3E3-4974-89C5-6326C8EBBF25.jpg14392549-9E62-4CF4-8ABF-E31669861A36.jpg

Looks like right now theres just one front from south to northeast.

I saw more rain last night than I have seen in years, but it was much needed and all good. Some palm trees lost some branches but by and large everything looks like it's been hosed down / given a good washing :)

Worst part of the Southern California portion of the storm is supposed to hit the Los Angeles Basin right now -- maybe somewhere, but not here.

Northern California is having the main impact of the current atmospheric river.
I’m looking out my window and it’s rainy but hardly a storm. Compared to normal weather In WA it’s quite weak

Raining here since about two hours ago. No downpour, but a nice steady rain. I forget how much I enjoy hearing rain on the roof.

Now back out in the rain again to schlepp to the local drug store.

Rain has died down a bit, but I drove out to Manhattan beach and north to Dockweiler. Pretty insane surf and part of the Vista Del Mar was flooded

Anyone out that way? How are you?

We're in San Diego County... we're getting the very tail end of that monster. Light rain, probably no more than a half of an inch. Okay by me.

Northern Calif, Sierra foothills, we got hit with the worst storm in years over the weekend. 35-40 mph gusts, 8+ inches of rain in 48 hours. I had a lake in front of my house. However, overall damage locally to trees and property was minimal, and we need the danged rain so I'm not complaining.

Northern Calif, Sierra foothills, we got hit with the worst storm in years over the weekend. 35-40 mph gusts, 8+ inches of rain in 48 hours. I had a lake in front of my house. However, overall damage locally to trees and property was minimal, and we need the danged rain so I'm not complaining.
They were calling it an "atmospheric river" last night during the FB broadcast.

Back
Top Bottom