• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"A wave above which is another wave" | a miracle in the Qur'an

So then how is it possible for someone in the Quran to travel to the literal places where the sun rises and sets? That is part in parcel to the idea that the Quran posits a geocentric solar system.
No, it's not. The question is so silly I will not even answer it.

I'm still waiting for the links regarding the waves you mentioned.

No, it's not. The question is so silly I will not even answer it.

I'm still waiting for the links regarding the waves you mentioned.

How is it silly? The Quran claims that a person can travel to the literal places where the sun rises and sets. How is that possible unless the sun orbits the Earth?

How is it silly? The Quran claims that a person can travel to the literal places where the sun rises and sets. How is that possible unless the sun orbits the Earth?
What could that have to do with the sun orbiting the Earth? Even if the sun literally did set on earth, it would not automatically have anything to do with it orbiting the Earth..

What could that have to do with the sun orbiting the Earth? Even if the sun literally did set on earth, it would not automatically have anything to do with it orbiting the Earth..

When its the Earth that's moving and not the sun, it's impossible for anyone to travel to the place where the sun sets. For that matter, thinking there's a place on the Earth where the sun sets/rises implies one also believes the Earth is flat.

When its the Earth that's moving and not the sun, it's impossible for anyone to travel to the place where the sun sets. For that matter, thinking there's a place on the Earth where the sun sets/rises implies one also believes the Earth is flat.
The sun, too, moves — do you even read my replies? No. That would not require a flat earth.

The sun, too, moves — do you even read my replies? No. That would not require a flat earth.

Moving to the place on Earth where the sun sets/rises would require a flat earth orbited by the sun.

Moving to the place on Earth where the sun sets/rises would require a flat earth orbited by the sun.
There is no place on earth where the sun "sets".

Still waiting for the links regarding the waves you mentioned.

There is no place on earth where the sun "sets".

Still waiting for the links regarding the waves you mentioned.

The Quran claims there is. As well as one where the Sun rises. And it claims a person can travel to those places.

The Quran claims there is. As well as one where the Sun rises. And it claims a person can travel to those places.

Yup, verses 18:83 to 18:101 to be exact: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhu_al-Qarnayn

18:86 says, "Until, when he reached the setting of the sun, he found it set in a spring of murky water". There is no indication that this is metaphorical in any way.

Btw, this also suggests the sun is much smaller than the earth. Ah, the scientific wonders of the Qur'an.

Undertows exist all over the world in shallow water.
A swimmer can experience them.

Valery never answers questions that prove him/her wrong.

Undertows exist all over the world in shallow water.
A swimmer can experience them.
They're not waves and the verse says, "Or like utter darkness in the deep sea: there covers it a wave(...)"

They're not waves and the verse says, "Or like utter darkness in the deep sea: there covers it a wave(...)"
Your arguments are becoming very asinine.

Back
Top Bottom