• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A veteran's Harvard ally: Elena Kagan

Catz Part Deux

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Robert Merrill - A veteran's Harvard ally: Elena Kagan

In 2005, I went from fighting in the streets of Fallujah to studying in the hallowed halls of Harvard Law School in a span of seven months. I arrived as an active-duty Marine Corps captain and transitioned from the infantry to the judge advocate general's corps. To the best of my knowledge, I am the only active-duty service member to have received a JD from Harvard during the deanship of Elena Kagan...

Interesting WA-PO editorial from one of Kagan's former students.

She seems like a nice enough lady. Though I don't think she is SCOTUS Material. :shrug:

It's a fluff peice to try and make her bigotry towards the Military seem less then it was. Whoopty-do, she helped a student. Shocking.

Your use of the word bigotry is a misnomer in this case. Or, do you consider people who have different ideologies than you, "bigoted"?

It's a fluff peice to try and make her bigotry towards the Military seem less then it was. Whoopty-do, she helped a student. Shocking.

care to expound? why exactly is she bigoted toward the military?

Back
Top Bottom