• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

A very interesting rumor I heard today..

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Now I want to emphasize that this is only a rumor but I was talking to one of the officers of the Washington State Republican Party today in Seattle and he told me there is a very good chance that since the democrats are crying for President Bush to make changes in his administration that he is considering asking Dick Cheney to step down and to replace him with Condy Rice positioning her for a run at president in 2008.......

How do you guys/gals like that one?

You want us debating hearsay?

I heard Jesus was made of cheese.

I love Condy Rice !!!!!!

Can you imagine Condi and ole Hillary running agaisnt each other.......now that would be a cat fight to the end.

I think probably Hillary has more to hide then Condi......but then that is JUST A GUESS.

Navy Pride said:
Now I want to emphasize that this is only a rumor but I was talking to one of the officers of the Washington State Republican Party today in Seattle and he told me there is a very good chance that since the democrats are crying for President Bush to make changes in his administration that he is considering asking Dick Cheney to step down and to replace him with Condy Rice positioning her for a run at president in 2008.......

I really dont see it going down bro..or her running in 2008..but thats just me..

Has any Prez replaced a vice Prez before?

Cheney's already released a statement saying there's not going to be a shake-up in the oval office. Hah!

I don't mind Condoleezza Rice (for a Republican). She's well-educated and smart, and if she were elected it'd definitely be interesting... first woman and first African-American President.

Although, when she visited Australia the week, she said that her favourite Australian Rules football team was the Adelaide Crows - mortal enemies of my team, the Port Adelaide Power... grrr. :lol:

vergiss said:
I don't mind Condoleezza Rice (for a Republican). She's well-educated and smart, and if she were elected it'd definitely be interesting... first woman and first African-American President.

Although, when she visited Australia the week, she said that her favourite Australian Rules football team was the Adelaide Crows - mortal enemies of my team, the Port Adelaide Power... grrr. :lol:

What is Australian rules football? Is it soccer because if so soccer sucks!

vergiss said:
You want us debating hearsay?

I heard Jesus was made of cheese.

I don't know if you noticed the title of this particular forum but its todays news and I thought this was newsworthy if it was to come to pass........

Now go to your room.......;)

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Nixon he replaced Spiro T. Agnew with Harold Ford.

Harold?????..LOL..:lol: j/k

BWG said:
Harold?????..LOL..:lol: j/k
Gerald's alter ego...

He hid in the closet and wore an ascot...

I don't think Condoleezza Rice has any plans of running for president in 2008. She's not acting like a candidate, and has been fairly adamant in her denials that she's running (unlike the usual "I-have-no-plans-to-run-but-I'm-going-to-campaign-anyway" line that most potential candidates give).

Also, if she ran in 2008 she'd be perceived as the successor to George W Bush. That's not exactly what a Republican candidate should want. She might have better luck in 2012.

Navy Pride said:

Don't believe it. George Bush has always had a strong sense of loyalty to his staff, although that doesn't preclude Cheney deciding himself to do it.

Why would a European sport be called Australian Rules?

Navy Pride said:

I would puke. Condi Rice makes me sick. She lies and then refuses to admit that what she said was not true. I don't like people who won't admit mistakes.

Last edited:
I think, strategicaly, it would be genious for the party but detrimental to the nation. It wouldn't surprise me in the least. Two of the biggest dumbasses America have to offer acting pilot and co-pilot. It's classis Rove. The shake up will be the neatest thing since Michael Jackson, dirvert stupid America away from the matters at hand, improve the presidents ratings, and increase our chances of slidding further into the sh***er. You know, I think they just might do it! :shock:

But then again, most of America is pretty sick of Bush's (and his minions) crap. But you KNOW how short the publics attention span is.:roll:

Another Bush big-wig retiring? "To go spend more time with the family?" Yeah right..... I wonder what Dick screwed up now. I wonder how long it would take for it to surface?

Or maybe this is just a bunch of balogna.

Last edited:
Navy Pride said:

I also heard that Rummy is also out on his arse. I surprised he kept his job this long for crying out loud.

Its not soccer, its a type of sport only played by Austrailans, just like American football is only played by Americans. Soccer is played by the world and is the international sport. American soccer does suck tho, English, Spanish and South American soccer is the best.

Navy Pride said:

Nah. Condi is going for Paul Tagliabue's job as NFL Commissioner when he resigns in July.

BLITZER: We have a few seconds left. You've made no secret about your passion for football here in the United States. The NFL starting off these days a new season here.

Would you rather be the national security adviser to the president or the commissioner of the NFL at this moment, right now?

RICE: Well, at this moment I think they're both pretty good jobs. But, you know, as I was watching the opening of the NFL, Wolf, I thought you and I might have a future there. So let's keep our eye on it.

BLITZER: You and I as commentators for the play-by-plays, is that what you're talking about?

RICE: Well, if you're ready to leave, maybe we can go run the NFL sometime. But not until Paul Tagliabue is ready to step down. I want to be very clear. He's a good friend, and he's doing a great job.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0309/07/le.00.html

I really really like Condi Rice, she is awesome!

But, I am not ready and I believe the US is not ready to vote for a woman for US President.

My guess is that my position on this is not unique.

vauge said:
I really really like Condi Rice, she is awesome!

But, I am not ready and I believe the US is not ready to vote for a woman for US President.

My guess is that my position on this is not unique.

Your position? Sexism?
No it's not that unique. It's present in about 98% of heterosexual men:roll:

Urethra Franklin said:
Your position? Sexism?
No it's not that unique. It's present in about 98% of heterosexual men:roll:

I must be in the 2 percentile then, I think it's long over due, I just don't like the choices as of late. Sure, I would love to see a woman as president, especially a black woman, that would really make this country as progressive as we pretend to be. I just don't think she will run, and I don't care for the other lady at all, but one day soon, I hope to see a woman run things.

I don't like Condoleeza. The more educated these neo conservative fascists are, the worse they are. Reasonable insanity has always been very dangerous.

FinnMacCool said:
I don't like Condoleeza. The more educated these neo conservative fascists are, the worse they are. Reasonable insanity has always been very dangerous.

You obviously know nothing about this woman, you should really try to get to know her better. You would find that she is extremely intelligent, has been successful at everything she has every tried, i.e business, teaching, government, etc. To just shrug her off as a "Noe conservative fascist" is not only incorrect, but ridiculous when knowing her background, and obvious accomplishments.

Back
Top Bottom