• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

A typical debatepolitics thread

beyondtherim55008@yahoo.c said:
Plus, remember that guy who thinks if you criticize Billionaires, your either jealous or your anti-capitalist?

Thats becasue most people who critize people with money are whiny bit<h-a$$ little punks who wish they are just as rich as these people they criticize.I all hear in the anti-capitalist threads is"OH WHY CAN"T I BE FU<KIN RICH LIKE THIS GUY I'AM BIT<HING ABOUT,OH WHOA IS THE FU<K IS ME" or "IF I CAN"T BE FU<KIN RICH LIKE THIS FU<K NO ONE SHOULD BE FU<KIN RICH".All it is the have nots wanting what the haves have.

Kelzie said:
Proportionally they have the same number of cars and urban centers. You are incorrect. Shootings? I am not inclined to believe that the number of shootings is going to significantly drive up the cost of medical care in the US. And we don't have more unemployment or tax evasion, at least not a significant amount. Are you just making stuff up?

Proportions have nothing to do with it, real numbers Kelzie think about it, even proportionally we have more traffic accidents than the Canadians, you have to think in terms of the real world, if you have a hypothetical stretch of road; one with 2 cars and the other with 200 cars then the chances of accidents occuring will be greater on the stretch of road with 200 cars simply because the reality of the situation is one in which congested traffic areas, in and of themselves, lead to accidents not just because there are more cars capable of getting in those accidents but because the environment which is created by more cars is one which is more condusive to those accidents.

*doughgirl steps into the thread, pointing out how cars kill babies every day, tries to post a link to the death rate of baby seats in canada and fails....having never attempted to link anything before.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Ya neither do teachers but smart people become Doctors to get rich, if they can't get rich by becoming Doctors they're so smart they can do what ever the hell they want and they'll end up doing what is most lucrative ie the best and the brightest won't become doctors anymore they'll become lawyers, stockbrokers, etc etc.

So what if I don't have to go to the doctor do I still have to pay 3k? That's bullshit, what if I only have to go in for a check up every now and then. As a matter of fact I like the current system of not having to pay jackshit cept for a deductable and having it covered by health insurance which is provided by private enterprise. If people don't want to pay exorbanant healthcare rates maybe they should have studied harder in highschool, made it to college, and gotten a decent fuc/king job. I don't think I should have to pay for other peoples fuc/k ups. Besides all that I actually would rather pay the 6K if I can get to choose my own Doctor and not have that decision chosen for me by big brother. I thought liberals were supposed to be pro-choice?

Don't count on the health care benefits that you are receiving to stay the way they are. The trends are changing. Where I work just changed from the traditional "$10 co-pay" system, to one with a health savings account and a $2200 deductible. All the while telling us how much better this system would be for us.....which is true for those of us who don't have to worry about coming up with $2200 for medical expenses in a year's time, which is not me I assure you. I know you're smart enough not to rely on corporate America to ensure your access to health care. 'Cause if they can pull the rug out from under you, they will in a heartbeat.

tecoyah said:
*doughgirl steps into the thread, pointing out how cars kill babies every day, tries to post a link to the death rate of baby seats in canada and fails....having never attempted to link anything before.

A-fu.ckin-men. After which, she makes a "C" shape with her left and and taps furiously against her right shoulder, all the while proclaiming "DEE DEE DEE".

And lets not forget the torrent of vilifying lies that she spews when you call her on her lack of posted proof. Have I told you guys how much I hate that pile of walking, typing human refuse? :2wave:

jallman said:
A-fu.ckin-men. After which, she makes a "C" shape with her left and and taps furiously against her right shoulder, all the while proclaiming "DEE DEE DEE".

And lets not forget the torrent of vilifying lies that she spews when you call her on her lack of posted proof. Have I told you guys how much I hate that pile of walking, typing human refuse? :2wave:

Ummmm, yes, I believe you've mentioned it once or a thousand times, lol. ;)

mixedmedia said:
Ummmm, yes, I believe you've mentioned it once or a thousand times, lol. ;)

Yeah well, I would tell you all about the delicious apple tarts I made this past week, but that would be a lie. This time it was reindeer sausage stew with cabbage and thyme in a roasted red pepper/sundried tomatoe salsa-esque concotion. I am actually pretty proud of this recipe.

jallman said:
Yeah well, I would tell you all about the delicious apple tarts I made this past week, but that would be a lie. This time it was reindeer sausage stew with cabbage and thyme in a roasted red pepper/sundried tomatoe salsa-esque concotion. I am actually pretty proud of this recipe.

Well, except for the reindeer, it sounds mah-velous. How could you eat a reindeer? It's like eating Rudolph, or Donner or Blitzen or one of those guys.

mixedmedia said:
Well, except for the reindeer, it sounds mah-velous. How could you eat a reindeer? It's like eating Rudolph, or Donner or Blitzen or one of those guys.

You know, I knew you were gonna say that right after I sent that post. I just look at it like this...donner, dasher, cupid, blitzen, vixen, dancer and prancer et al look like claymation enough that I could tell the difference if I ever took aim and saw them. And as for Rudolph, if I ever see that big red neon nose, its worth the shot just to get my name in some cryptozoology mag, so I wont be eatin the sausage from that either.

Nah, I jest. Reindeer is a staple up here...they actually serve it at Denny's and IHOP. Its no different to us than eating the little pu.ssy animals you guys call deer down there. Besides, if you happen to want the recipe, you could always replace the sausage with some chicken or something. ;)

Ivan The Terrible said:
Kelzie

I don't know... You still haven't proven to me that we should have NHC...

If you come down with a serious health problem, we will see where you stand then. Do you know how many people I see filing bankruptcy in my husbands law office due to medical reasons? They get there homes taken away or any other asset. Even if they have insurance, they still have co-pays and deductibles. The docs charge whatever in the hell they feel like charging, because......THEY CAN. I call that theft.

alphieb said:
If you come down with a serious health problem, we will see where you stand then. Do you know how many people I see filing bankruptcy in my husbands law office due to medical reasons? They get there homes taken away or any other asset. Even if they have insurance, they still have co-pays and deductibles. The docs charge whatever in the hell they feel like charging, because......THEY CAN. I call that theft.

well now come on babe...at least you can see this point: men and women of distinguished character who go through the trials of becoming a doctor do kind of have the right to set themselves apart....and the only way to do that in our society is by salary. They kind of do have the right, by virtue of the work they put in, to get something considerable in return from every man woman and child who look to them to fix the woes that the doctor trained so hard to qualify for. If they were in it for the altruism alone, then they would have become priests or something less lucrative.

Also, just an interjection but maybe germane, maybe not...the reason for high health care costs is the indulgence of frivolous lawsuits which put these men and women of distinguished character on trial for just being human. Thats just my opinion though.

jallman said:

I made Chef Boyardee Ravioli. It was stupendous, especially after I added just a dash of pepper. I topped it off with a glass of Beam and Coke. Life is grand for us chefs.

...ummm, by the way, don't say "tart." It's too stereotypical.

Despite my best unthinking I have started a debate. Kelzie could you PM me some links to support NHC? TOT's killing you by the way.

cnredd said:
It's an average day on your above average website...

A Conservative politician...could be a higher-up...might not be...doesn't matter...does "something"...could be good...could be bad...

Here's what happens...

*KidRocks starts a thread claiming that the Conservative was following orders directly from Bush himself, since he must be the blame for everything from your bananas ripening too quick to misplacing your car keys. He will attach everything in the article except the line where it says the same thing happened under the Clinton Administration 7 years ago...

*scottyz is annoyed KidRocks got to it first, but nonetheless will give his two cents...which is usually so small he expects a penny change...

*PerryLogan blames the NeoCons...then puts the pacifier back in his mouth...

*Four hours later, danarhea starts a thread with the same topic...except instead of just posting snippets of the article, he gives a delightful and totally fabricated two paragraphs trying to explain what the article says...Then you read the article and find out that it doesn't say anything near it...

*Since it was a danarhea thread started, KCConservative's alarm in his head goes off...Even if he's not near a PC...He runs to the quickest laptop, logs in, and personally attacks every Liberal who responded so far and doesn't come close to addressing the topic...

*Since KCConsevative responded, it's not too long before jfuh comes in to personally attack HIM...also doesn't come close to addressing the topic...

*This exchange goes back and forth for a few posts, making everyone else on this site wish we could just put them in a room by themselves filled with nothing but baseball bats...spiked...

*This thread dies, and we move back to KidRock's thread...

*Stinger sees the thread, then runs to newsmax and links their version of it...and then mentions how Liberal the media is...

*hipsterdufus sees the thread, then runs to mediamatters and links their version of it...and then mentions how Conservative the media is...

*Navy Pride responds to this thread after choosing "pre-written response #4" from his made up list of the same ten responses he uses everyday he keeps in a Word document...and you can take it to the bank...

*aps puts on her cheerleader outfit with the big "DNC" on the front and trashes every politician with an (R) after their name...who and why is not important...

*cnredd responds to aps by showing her that she said the exact opposite thing two weeks ago when the subject matter was a Liberal...He gets chastised for pointing this out...

*oldreliable67 chimes in and points out four books written in the 70s that said the same thing...

*Simon W. Moon sees this, and points out that the third book said "and" and not "or" on page 271...The writes something in Latin...

*Gunny responds to the thread by putting it in a miltary perspective...even if it was about Social Security or malpractice lawsuits...

*teacher draws a picture of himself attacking Paris...The text in the picture is whatever is the first thing to come to mind...whether it deals with the topic or not...

*Stace gives her opinion on it and how it relates to her impending pregnancy...

*Mixedmedia swings by and tries to put the topic in perspective by pointing to the humanity...or lack of it...portrayed...Then she soothes whomever felt offended by anything said in the thread...

*Ivan the eee mentions he's entered the debate...no one cares...

*FinnMacCool tells us what George Orwell would say about it...

*Gandhi>Bush comments on the violence of the article...even if there was none...

*Conflict responds...no one understands a thing he wrote...or why it was written...

*easy65 responds to PerryLogan's comments from two days ago denouncing his venom...by spewing venom back at him...

*Stu Ghatze agrees with everything easy65 wrote...in only 8734 words...

*galenrox sits on his Libertarian fence and points out how both sides suck...with plenty of asterisks...

*aquapub goes through 14 hours of research to disqualify everything every Liberal wrote in the thread...this post gets skimmed over and no one responds to it...

*jallman comments on the thread and cnredd makes a gay reference...jallman trumps it with a threat of sending Naughty Nurse after him...

*Naughty Nurse magically appears and tries to get cnredd to switch teams...

*Steen states her case on abortion...

*Tashah responds...everyone opens up another window and links to the dictionary website...

*ptsdkid is an slobbering idiot...This has nothing to do with anything...I just needed to point this out...

*Trajan responds by linking an article saying the author of the original article stole a quarter when he was 9...Then proclaims all will burn in hell...

*Kelzie shows up, giving more evidence to my theory that she and Trajan are human magnets, and proves him wrong from 16 different angles...

*Trajan changes the subject...

*This will continue until one of them has to go to sleep, and the thread dies...

*Until two months later when a newbie responds with "I disagree"...

Kudos Cnredd, KuDoS!!!

jallman said:
well now come on babe...at least you can see this point: men and women of distinguished character who go through the trials of becoming a doctor do kind of have the right to set themselves apart....and the only way to do that in our society is by salary. They kind of do have the right, by virtue of the work they put in, to get something considerable in return from every man woman and child who look to them to fix the woes that the doctor trained so hard to qualify for. If they were in it for the altruism alone, then they would have become priests or something less lucrative.

Also, just an interjection but maybe germane, maybe not...the reason for high health care costs is the indulgence of frivolous lawsuits which put these men and women of distinguished character on trial for just being human. Thats just my opinion though.

I live in Australia, where healthcare is free. Doctors can still afford mansions and BMWs, and it still takes ridiculously good marks in high school to be accepted into medical school.

vergiss said:
I live in Australia, where healthcare is free. Doctors can still afford mansions and BMWs, and it still takes ridiculously good marks in high school to be accepted into medical school.

It obviously isn't free if doctors are living in mansions and driving BMWs.

jallman said:

Incorrect, most mal practice suites are very hard to prove or try. That is simply the insurance companies ripping them off, but they rip us off, so go figure. Why do doctors not have to advertise their prices? I believe they deserve to be highly compensated, but by the same token, they are over doing it. A lot of people cannot afford medical insurance in this country, because it is so expensive for the employer and employees. But yet, when you don't have insurance they charge you more, because insurance companies cap them. It is a healthcare crisis.

Ivan The Terrible said:
Despite my best unthinking I have started a debate. Kelzie could you PM me some links to support NHC? TOT's killing you by the way.

I already gave him the link to the thread that has the links to support my numbers if that makes any sense. And if by killing me you mean making stuff up that has no relevance to the discussion, than yes. Yes he is.

GySgt said:
I made Chef Boyardee Ravioli. It was stupendous, especially after I added just a dash of pepper. I topped it off with a glass of Beam and Coke. Life is grand for us chefs.

...ummm, by the way, don't say "tart." It's too stereotypical.

Gunny, we've discussed this. You heated Chef Boyardee.

Kelzie said:
Gunny, we've discussed this. You heated Chef Boyardee.

Thanks for the rain, babe. The parade is cancelled.

alphieb said:
It is not the doctors that cahrge you out of your home, it is the hospitals. Doctors rip up an awful lot of bills.

jallman said:

I can definitely relate. That's why I put that lying scumbag shitheap on ignore.

Back
Top Bottom