• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Turning Point For Democrats?

Is this a turning point for Democrats?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wrong, you pick and choose what you want to believe. I wasn't for Bush's Immigration reform and wasn't for the TARP bailout nor do I agree with all the Bush spending that got a lot of Democrat support. Problem is now Democrats have put Bush spending on steroids. I asked you to tell me what Obama has done that has made this country stronger and I got silence. Economically Obama has done nothing that I support.
of course you don't support obama, he is a democrat and not a republican.

of course you don't support obama, he is a democrat and not a republican.

You didn't read a word I posted or if you did you cannot comprehend what is written. Barack Obama is the worst President ever to hold the position and that is because of his policies, not because he is a Democrat. I don't care what political party he belongs to. It is the record and agenda that matters not the political party.

You didn't read a word I posted or if you did you cannot comprehend what is written. Barack Obama is the worst President ever to hold the position and that is because of his policies, not because he is a Democrat. I don't care what political party he belongs to. It is the record and agenda that matters not the political party.
of course i read the post, it reads like 99% of the rest of your posts....they all break down to 'obama and democrats bad' and 'republicans good'....

Well lets see, the senate was controlled by the democrats but the house was controlled by Republicans in 2001. By the end of 03 both were totally controlled by the Republicans. However, there is no arguing with the fact that we went into a full blown recession while the dems were in control, however at the time any measures presented by the dems to prevent this (such as cap and trade, market regulations, etc) were vetoed. The majority of the funds still cannot be traced, and I would put only partial blame on Obama for that one. Besides the fact that Bush and Cheney unfairly gave contract bids to companies like Haliburton, and the majority of our troops from 2006-2008 where used for Haliburton convoy security yeah I can def place the majority of blame on Bush.

As for firefighters, I don't think I once said that they were federally funded. Police on the other hand can be funded and can outsource the various federal agencies, and states can apply for aid and resources for police on things such as speed traps, highways, basically any interstate that is within a police district can be funded federally. Teachers on the other hand like I said--they need to be funded more than they are. Teachers themselves I will admit aren't funded, but they shouldn't have to pay for their education, although federal loans they are granted have more lax terms as long as they are able to complete their schooling and successfully become a teacher.

of course i read the post, it reads like 99% of the rest of your posts....they all break down to 'obama and democrats bad' and 'republicans good'....

In today's world, yep, you got it and the results support that belief

JohnWOlin;1058894158]Well lets see, the senate was controlled by the democrats but the house was controlled by Republicans in 2001. By the end of 03 both were totally controlled by the Republicans. However, there is no arguing with the fact that we went into a full blown recession while the dems were in control, however at the time any measures presented by the dems to prevent this (such as cap and trade, market regulations, etc) were vetoed. The majority of the funds still cannot be traced, and I would put only partial blame on Obama for that one. Besides the fact that Bush and Cheney unfairly gave contract bids to companies like Haliburton, and the majority of our troops from 2006-2008 where used for Haliburton convoy security yeah I can def place the majority of blame on Bush.

So you believe cap and trade would have prevented a recession? What regulations did Bush veto? It was Democrats that prevented Freddie and Fannie regulations. Regarding Iraq the Vote was 76-23 in the Senate under Democrat control that supported the invasion. It is also a fact that apparently you want to continue to blame Bush and divert from the current occupant in the WH. Don't blame you, the record isn't pretty.

You certainly have a distorted view as to the role of the Federal Govt. Have you ever read the Constitution? stop buying what you are told by Obama and look at the results. Results matter, not rhetoric and the results have created unsustainable debt and massive expansion of govt. Instead of promoting the private sector job growth, Obama has worked on job killing programs like cap and trade, Obamacare, and repeal of the Bush tax cuts which hurt private businesses.

As for firefighters, I don't think I once said that they were federally funded. Police on the other hand can be funded and can outsource the various federal agencies, and states can apply for aid and resources for police on things such as speed traps, highways, basically any interstate that is within a police district can be funded federally. Teachers on the other hand like I said--they need to be funded more than they are. Teachers themselves I will admit aren't funded, but they shouldn't have to pay for their education, although federal loans they are granted have more lax terms as long as they are able to complete their schooling and successfully become a teacher.

Do you realize that it is the taxpayer's money before it goes to the govt? You are the one that mentioned firefighters, teachers, etc. and I rightly pointed out these are locally funded and thus state not federal responsibility. If a state cannot pay for their police and firefighters it is the state's responsibility to find a way to do that. It is the Federal Govt.'s responsibility not to force states into unfunded mandates.

in your world perhaps.....

Obviously in your world results don't matter as you are easily swayed by the rhetoric. If you couldn't divert to Bush you wouldn't have anything to say but to tell the truth if you never said anything you would have more credibility.

Not sure what I am supposed to take responsibility for, 4.5 trillion in GDP Growth, tax cuts that grew govt. revenue, 54 straight months of positive economic growth? Democrats take over in January 07 and do what?

I seriously think that you may very likely be the only person in America that believes that GWB was an economic genius. Even Navy Pride doesn't believe that.

Had the Democrats adopted that song prior to the 2008 elections, Obama wouldn't be in the WH right now. They bought the "hope and change" message and ignored the resume showing lack of experience.

What's your excuse for 8 years of Bush?

I seriously think that you may very likely be the only person in America that believes that GWB was an economic genius. Even Navy Pride doesn't believe that.

Unfortunately you are one of many in this country that believes GW Bush is still in the WH. Let me break it to you, he left over 18 months ago and your hero, the one you tout in your tag line has added millions to unemployment and 3 trillion dollars to the debt. He goes around the country making campaign speeches demonizing Bush and Republicans, something a leader would never do. You voted for an empty suit based upon rhetoric while ignoring the resume showing zero leadership skills and management skills. Now the best you can do is divert from this disaster.

What's your excuse for 8 years of Bush?

Historians will judge GW Bush based upon his record, not what people like you think. BEA.gov, BLS.gov, and the U.S. Treasury offer objective data which of course you ignore or are simply too lazy to researc. I will take the 4.5 trillion growth in GDP, a pro business, pro capitalistic economy, 52 straight months of job growth vs what we have now. You can continue to ignore it but Barack Obama is the most unqualified, worst excuse for a President that this country has ever had. Jimmy Carter is the happiest man in the country today.

Historians will judge GW Bush based upon his record

They already have. You are hoping that perhaps history will forget. I have to hand it to you though...you very well might just be the most optimistic man in America.

They already have. You are hoping that perhaps history will forget. I have to hand it to you though...you very well might just be the most optimistic man in America.

Historians are always re-evaluating past performance and their results always change. A year after Reagan left office his rankings were among the lowest but today they are in the top 10. You simply ignore facts because you feel instead of thinking. You buy what you are told by the media and the left while ignoring the basic foundation upon which our economy was built. "Your" empty suit President doesn't understand our economy nor does his Ivy League liberal elite Administration members who are better suited as community agitators vs. policy makers. You fit in well with that group.

Historians are always re-evaluating past performance and their results always change. A year after Reagan left office his rankings were among the lowest but today they are in the top 10. You simply ignore facts because you feel instead of thinking. You buy what you are told by the media and the left while ignoring the basic foundation upon which our economy was built. "Your" empty suit President doesn't understand our economy nor does his Ivy League liberal elite Administration members who are better suited as community agitators vs. policy makers. You fit in well with that group.

Like I said....you are very possibly the most optimistic man in America.

Like I said....you are very possibly the most optimistic man in America.

My wife doesn't think so, I do pay closer attention to facts and non partisan sites, something you ought to consider. I was a long term Democrat and even played JFK in a school civics class. I bought the Democrat rhetoric which at the time seemed to have no problem with conservatives, but that party left me, not vice versa. Reagan taught me to trust but verify and that is my motto now. I don't believe any politician and notice how you have not once refuted any of the data I have posted because you cannot. It is verifiable and comes from non partisan data. The results just don't match the Obama rhetoric. Show me a Bureau of Labor Statistics chart for saved jobs? Show me a Bureau of Economic Analysis chart that shows what the economy would have been like had the stimulus plan not passed? Obama claims he saved jobs and brought us back from the brink of a depression. The brain dead, American Idol crowd swoon at the rhetoric but ignore the results.

My wife doesn't think so, I do pay closer attention to facts and non partisan sites, something you ought to consider. I was a long term Democrat and even played JFK in a school civics class. I bought the Democrat rhetoric which at the time seemed to have no problem with conservatives, but that party left me, not vice versa. Reagan taught me to trust but verify and that is my motto now. I don't believe any politician and notice how you have not once refuted any of the data I have posted because you cannot. It is verifiable and comes from non partisan data. The results just don't match the Obama rhetoric. Show me a Bureau of Labor Statistics chart for saved jobs? Show me a Bureau of Economic Analysis chart that shows what the economy would have been like had the stimulus plan not passed? Obama claims he saved jobs and brought us back from the brink of a depression. The brain dead, American Idol crowd swoon at the rhetoric but ignore the results.

Dude....the charts you keep referring to were shown weeks ago not to match your rhetoric. Why do you think that you are the "most optimistic man" in America. You look and one thing and see another. In your world GWB was a genius and a fabulous success. Man.....I want some of the drugs that you are taking.

Dude....the charts you keep referring to were shown weeks ago not to match your rhetoric. Why do you think that you are the "most optimistic man" in America. You look and one thing and see another. In your world GWB was a genius and a fabulous success. Man.....I want some of the drugs that you are taking.

Again, you have yet to prove that the charts I have posted are wrong. Show me the charts on bls.gov that show jobs saved, bea.gov chart that shows what the econony would have gone into depression as Obama has claimed, U.S. Treasury Dept chart that shows Obama that tax revenue will grow after eliminating Bush tax cuts? Show me a Treasury chart showing tax revenue dropping after the Bush and Reagan tax cuts, bls chart that shows unemployment increasing after Bush Reagan tax cuts, and bea.gov showing depression type numbers during the Bush Administration?

Tell me what I should be looking at, labor force? Unemployment number? Discouraged workers? Deficits? Economic policy? Naw, that wouldn't be it, because we have to make Obama look good so we look at trends, the trend is an improvement and it really doesn't matter what that improvement is compared against. Doesn't matter that 2009 was a disaster and as bad as the disaster liberals claim 2008 was the numbers today still do not exceed 2008 numbers. So in the face of today's numbers I nominate you as the most optimistic person in the country along with the other millions that continue to support Obama in the face of this economic disaster.

So Disneydude, apparently you are among the few who believe that a drop in the labor force, drop in employment of 4 million vs. 2008, drop in govt. revenue, spending trillions to get these numbers are good things. Apparently the American people disagree with you as Obama poll numbers continue to drop and are now in the low 40%. You probably should explain your charts to the millions who now see Obama for what he really is, an empty suit, community agitator who is leftwing radical who is economically challenged and his results prove it.

Back
Top Bottom