• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Turning Point For Democrats?

Is this a turning point for Democrats?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Add another nail to the GOP coffin. Oy vey.... :roll:

Those patriotic Republicans have been more than happy to use 9/11 victims and first responders as political props for years, but when it comes down to actually doing something for them, the GOP strategy of obstructing the Democrats' agenda is more important.

Thursday night, the House brought up, under suspension of the rules, the James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act, a bill that would have provided up to $7.4 billion in aid to the survivors of 9/11, including all the first responders who breathed in all manner of toxins in the aftermath of the attacks. Under this procedure, a two-thirds vote is required. All but twelve Republicans, joined by four blue dog Democrats, voted against the "procedure" denying a two-thirds vote for this bill. <snip>
House Republicans block aid to 9/11 victims and first responders - Blog For Arizona

Look again the media is distorting what is going on here. The Democrats are not allowing the GOP to offer amendments to the bill and it really has nothing to do with healthcare for those affected by 9/11. How many billions of dollars went to the victims of 9/11?

This is nothing more than a political game being played again by Democrats to try and lessen the blow of a November loss. Why did this bill require 2/3rds support rather than the normal simple majority per House rules? this is all politics just like the unemployment insurance extension was. Read the entire article and not just the headlines. find out what the other side is saying. This just goes to show there is no compromise with a liberal.

I don't recall that Bush blamed Clinton for the mess he inherited

Hilarious....LOL....You mean the surplus and a country at peace that GWB inherited?

conservative said:
The fact is we hire a President to accept responsibility..... Bush did not create the problem we are in today....

Oh....the irony in this post.....keep dreamin con.....keep dreaming....

Hilarious....LOL....You mean the surplus and a country at peace that GWB inherited?

Oh....the irony in this post.....keep dreamin con.....keep dreaming....

What surplus? You don't understand the U.S. Treasury Data, I see. Not surprising from an Obama supporter. A lot of posts on that subject but you ignore them. Interesting how Bush alone created the problem yet Obama with total control of the govt. cannot get us out of it. That is liberal logic.

I think so. Democrats are rolling out their new “The Republican Tea Party Contract on America” reminding Americans about failed Bush-era initiatives (e.g., privatizing Social Security) and radical Tea Party proposals (e.g., ending Medicare). Combined with the Republicans resistance to further government economic stimulation and unemployment compensation extensions while pushing for budget busting tax extenders for the rich, Americans see the Republicans have nothing good to offer.

See also:

Yes. The American people are too smart to buy into a party that has no ideas other than just say "no". Just say "no" can be a winner, but only if you really have a clear and coherent message, which the Republicans lack. Moreover, the Republicans have been substantially taken over by a radical wing, which plays well inside of the party, but will not win the hearts and minds of the independents, who decide elections. That said, the opposition party always gains seats in the off-year elections, as they will this year, but I doubt either house changes is color

:roll:

Republicans have no ideas!

Yeah, and they also have a bunch of really bad ideas!

....cpwill waits for someone to do the math...

:doh

I'd like to see the sample size percentage. Other than Rassmusen, all the others over sample Democrats by a good margin.

Tim-

Besides I voted no! My travels tell me a completely different thing. people of all stripes are upset with the dims.

I'd like to see the sample size percentage. Other than Rassmusen, all the others over sample Democrats by a good margin.

Tim-

Besides I voted no! My travels tell me a completely different thing. people of all stripes are upset with the dims.

Anyone with a brain can understand that Obama and Democrats control the entire Govt and cannot solve the problems they claim Bush created. We seem to have a lot of braindead liberals out of touch with reality and totally lacking basic civics and economics understanding.

Anyone with a brain can understand that Obama and Democrats control the entire Govt and cannot solve the problems they claim Bush created. We seem to have a lot of braindead liberals out of touch with reality and totally lacking basic civics and economics understanding.

And yet.....who is it here that is not only denying responsibility on behalf of his hero... for creating GWB's recession.....but even proclaiming his hero to have been an economic genius. LOL...Conservative...you are too much.....really.

And yet.....who is it here that is not only denying responsibility on behalf of his hero... for creating GWB's recession.....but even proclaiming his hero to have been an economic genius. LOL...Conservative...you are too much.....really.

I understand, Disneydude, facts have no place in your world as you seem to lack basic understanding of civics and economics. Barack Obama and the Democrats control the entire govt. and even though they controlled half of it the last two years of the Bush Administration cannot get this country out of the mess that the dumbest President in U.S. history as Liberals seem to believe caused? Keep re-writing history which is what Obama supporters do.

When are you going to accept responsibility on behalf of your hero?....ah.....Never?

What was that again in your post #74 about people not knowing about responsibility?

Ever heard of the saying "do as I say not as I do?"....seems applicable here.

Last edited:
When are you going to accept responsibility on behalf of your hero?....ah.....Never?

What was that again in your post #74 about people not knowing about responsibility?

Ever heard of the saying "do as I say not as I do?"....seems applicable here.

LOL, you describing Obama? He says a lot but does the opposite. Don't see an answer to the actual post but then didn't expect one from you thus not disappointed.

LOL, you describing Obama? He says a lot but does the opposite. Don't see an answer to the actual post but then didn't expect one from you thus not disappointed.

Noticed how you danced around the issues and yet didn't address one. Wanna try again or are you going to dance the "stinger shuffle" again?

Noticed how you danced around the issues and yet didn't address one. Wanna try again or are you going to dance the "stinger shuffle" again?

The question is why are you diverting to the past from the present and the total mess Obama is creating? Still waiting for you to explain to us all why Congress under Democrat control in January 2007 didn't prevent Bush from creating the mess you claim he created?

The question is why are you diverting to the past from the present and the total mess Obama is creating? Still waiting for you to explain to us all why Congress under Democrat control in January 2007 didn't prevent Bush from creating the mess you claim he created?

and you are STILL denying responsibility for your hero. LOL....why am I not surprised? It is the typical right-winger blaming others for their own failures mentality....you would make Stinger proud.

and you are STILL denying responsibility for your hero. LOL....why am I not surprised? It is the typical right-winger blaming others for their own failures mentality....you would make Stinger proud.

Not sure what I am supposed to take responsibility for, 4.5 trillion in GDP Growth, tax cuts that grew govt. revenue, 54 straight months of positive economic growth? Democrats take over in January 07 and do what?

Last edited:
Yes. The American people are too smart to buy into a party that has no ideas other than just say "no".

It's not about being smart. It's about looking for negative things to pin on the other party... Which party has the most effective gotchas?

Take things as they are, not as they could or should be.

ricksfolly

Had the Democrats adopted that song prior to the 2008 elections, Obama wouldn't be in the WH right now. They bought the "hope and change" message and ignored the resume showing lack of experience.

Funny thing is that you don't seem to understand who pays for ALL Govt. jobs and apparently don't understand what our Constitution requires, read it and get back to me especially the part about Provide for the Common Defense which means the military. If all we had was the military then we would have a 600-700 billion dollar budget instead of a 3.8 trillion dollar budget. you really ought to read the U.S. Treasury site sometime and see where our dollars are going. Tell me what you think the role of the govt. is? By the way police departments are funded locally not by federal dollars.

You do realize that under Bush, over 80% of the amount we spent to rebuild Iraqi is unaccounted for? How is franchising out democracy saving my ass? The truth is, after FDR, several presidents; Democrat and Republican felt the need to go into wars we had no business going into. Iraqi is a war we "won" 6 years ago, and we are just this month finally pulling all major combat operations out. Afghanistan is a war we "won" 8 years ago and while I support Obama using troops to run them out, all we are doing is running them into Africa and Pakistan. Then what do we do?

Meanwhile we need more teachers, doctors, etc and we just commissioned a new nuclear sub. What in the hell do we need that for? When Iran decides to go to sea? Lol give me a break.

Also do YOU know where all our dollars go to? Are dollars go straight back to feeding China, our economical enemy because as a nation we are broke, we are to fat all over, but we need to make cuts where it counts, and our government needs to protect us physically, financially, and mentally, something that Obama is trying his damnest to do. He is even trying to reason with conservatives. Can you think of one time Bush Jr. tried to do this? Bush Sr. did it, and Republicans, and the US in general voted him out, and then you got "big bad" Clinton which as far as I can tell Republicans are just festered that he got a little brain and was slickest president we had in a long time.

politics are a local event, and i've a feeling the repubs are going to be very dissapointed when they don't regain control of both houses

Obamacare is very local, too. So is the expiration of the Bush tax cuts and the Obamanomics bill.

You do realize that under Bush, over 80% of the amount we spent to rebuild Iraqi is unaccounted for? How is franchising out democracy saving my ass? The truth is, after FDR, several presidents; Democrat and Republican felt the need to go into wars we had no business going into. Iraqi is a war we "won" 6 years ago, and we are just this month finally pulling all major combat operations out. Afghanistan is a war we "won" 8 years ago and while I support Obama using troops to run them out, all we are doing is running them into Africa and Pakistan. Then what do we do?

Meanwhile we need more teachers, doctors, etc and we just commissioned a new nuclear sub. What in the hell do we need that for? When Iran decides to go to sea? Lol give me a break.

Also do YOU know where all our dollars go to? Are dollars go straight back to feeding China, our economical enemy because as a nation we are broke, we are to fat all over, but we need to make cuts where it counts, and our government needs to protect us physically, financially, and mentally, something that Obama is trying his damnest to do. He is even trying to reason with conservatives. Can you think of one time Bush Jr. tried to do this? Bush Sr. did it, and Republicans, and the US in general voted him out, and then you got "big bad" Clinton which as far as I can tell Republicans are just festered that he got a little brain and was slickest president we had in a long time.

We won WW2 65 years ago. Are there still American troops in Japan, Germany and Italy?

@apdst Having bases because it is strategically convinent with a government and people that is not hostile towards you and the way we are doing it in the middle east are two totally different things. We already have bases in Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, we have no reason to keep a major amount of troops in Afghanistan or Iraqi. Some MPs and a small base in each country sure, and that is what will eventually happen in both countries, but just like in Germany, Japan, etc those bases don't just serve US troops, they serve our allies and troops for those countries as well.

Randel, you are the one brainwashed by an ideology that has failed in every sense of the word yet you ignore it. "Your" President has total control of the economic agenda yet continues to blame Bush. "Your" President was part of the Congress that helped create this mess and signed off on all that "Bush spending" yet for some reason it remains Bush's fault and according to you I could be brainwashed? do you realize that how foolish you sound when the facts prove which of us is really brainwased?

You don't seem to get it, I am NOT a Democrat or a Republican, I am a conservative. I don't buy what I am told like you, I do the research to verify the rhetoric and when I do that research I find that the substance doesn't match the Obama rhetoric. He uses terms like "saved" jobs, "bringing us back from the brink", and "inherited" which are all words to divert from the mess he is creating. BLS doesn't have a chart for saved jobs but it does have a chart for labor force, unemployment, and employment. The U.S. Treasury doesn't have a chart for inherited deficits but does have a chart for actual deficits created and the make up of spending. The Bureau of Economic Analysis doesn't have a chart showing the brink but does have a chart showing economic growth and where growth or deficits occur.

When I verify the Obama rhetoric I find nothing but lies in that rhetoric and yet you and others believe what you are told. In order for Obama to succeed people like you need to ignore actual facts and continue to buy the rhetoric. Millions and millions of Americans are finding out each day that Obama rhetoric is in conflict with the facts and thus these people are waking up. the question is when will you wake up?
lol....you seem to have me confused with hard core liberals. what you are spewing my friend, is indeed, republican talking points, you constantly praise republicans and all they do, and demonize democrats. its ok when a republican adds to the debt, but, but heaven forbid a democrat do it...when a republican does it, in your opinion, they are 'growing the economy'...'creating jobs'....'increasing government revenue'.....when a republican does it, its ok by you, when a democrat does it, they are 'ruining the country'....you sir, are a republican apologist. they do no evil by you

You do realize that you have Bush Derangement Syndrome and he has been out of office for over 18 months? Then do you realize that Obama has added 3 trillion to the debt in 2 years. Do you realize that it was Democrats that controlled theSenate and House that voted for the war in Iraq just like it was Democrats that had control of Congress when we went into Recession. Also do you know that it isn't federal dollars that pay for police, fire, and teachers? you really need a civics lesson.

lol....you seem to have me confused with hard core liberals. what you are spewing my friend, is indeed, republican talking points, you constantly praise republicans and all they do, and demonize democrats. its ok when a republican adds to the debt, but, but heaven forbid a democrat do it...when a republican does it, in your opinion, they are 'growing the economy'...'creating jobs'....'increasing government revenue'.....when a republican does it, its ok by you, when a democrat does it, they are 'ruining the country'....you sir, are a republican apologist. they do no evil by you

Wrong, you pick and choose what you want to believe. I wasn't for Bush's Immigration reform and wasn't for the TARP bailout nor do I agree with all the Bush spending that got a lot of Democrat support. Problem is now Democrats have put Bush spending on steroids. I asked you to tell me what Obama has done that has made this country stronger and I got silence. Economically Obama has done nothing that I support.

Back
Top Bottom