• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A total SHILL

Well if the author's methodology is criticized to the point of being withdrawn from major publishers then the author may have difficulties to re-publish other work again. From here on he is tainted with suspicion. Hardly any journal would risk publishing his work again.

Talk about taking risks that would end one's career! He might be forced to teach in high school for this now!

Well if the author's methodology is criticized to the point of being withdrawn from major publishers then the author may have difficulties to re-publish other work again. From here on he is tainted with suspicion. Hardly any journal would risk publishing his work again.

Talk about taking risks that would end one's career! He might be forced to teach in high school for this now!
The reason the story in the OP bothers me, is because I think there are probably other government shills in science who are a little more clever with concealing their true ideology.

The reason the story in the OP bothers me, is because I think there are probably other government shills in science who are a little more clever with concealing their true ideology.
Fraud in science is just rampant. Look at the climategate scandal.

And another example. Even those mandated nutrition labels on practically every item in the supermarket are based on junk science. They are written by the weight loss industry and advocate a high carb low fat diet. Millions of people in the USA use those guidelines to decide what to eat and all it does is get them fat and sick.

You should be bothered. It is people like us that are bothered by these position power abusers, deceitful researchers, that should keep the Institutional Review Board at bay. They allow a research to take place and should not allow him to do so from here on end.

But I know what you are after too. A deceit proof method in research. We are not there yet. We do not know how many more (if any) researchers are out there that conduct politically supported bias reports for money.

One way to really capture a scientist redhanded is to re-do their work. A curious scientist may conduct the experiment with similar steps and expect similar results for the findings to hold ground. If it does not then the previous finding loses credibility.

Unless the matter is of too much importance, too many stakeholders, etc., other scientists do not bother re-doing the study. It is because this does not happen as frequently that deceitful researchers grow bolder thinking that their work might skip this final check of correctness.

And another example. Even those mandated nutrition labels on practically every item in the supermarket are based on junk science. They are written by the weight loss industry and advocate a high carb low fat diet. Millions of people in the USA use those guidelines to decide what to eat and all it does is get them fat and sick.

Unless you have sources how rampant fraud in science is then this statement is a rampant rumor just as well. Compare properly conducted research with those that are deceitful, and see how "rampant" it comes up, then state something of this magnitude please.

Would help if you had a leg to stand on. Even the partially funded Koch study by a climate denier came out with the statement that global warming is happening.

You'd get fat on mostly any diet if you never got off the chair or sofa. A sedentary lifestyle almost independent of what you eat leads to sickness and weight gain.

Well, that guy got caught largely via the peer process system of repeating the work. Found out he wasn't actually using the drugs.

As long as peer review and replicating experiments happens, ideology won't play a big role.

Remember that the Korean scientists on cloning got caught by others trying to replicate his work. The process is largely self regulating if the money is there for testing of the claims.

Back
Top Bottom