• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

A thought for you.

Spambiter

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
The only thing I can say to those against the disposal of fetuses is this.
How many children that cannot be cared for have you adopted?

Spambiter said:

WOW great reason for murder.

Sex for fun equals murder.

Not everyone can adopt a baby. But there are millions of couples out there that can't have children. Just because the child isn't wanted, doesn't make abortion OK.

Spambiter said:

Asking me how many children I have adopted is of no real relavence the abortion issue. I do think if you pregnaunt you should have the baby and give it for adoption if necessary. However, because I say this, am I required to abopt one? No. There are several families who can't have children who should look into adoption. Also, in order to prevent over crowding in orphanages we need to educate people on sex, and how to have it safely. They need to know the consequences.

jimmyjack said:
WOW great reason for murder.
Why is it that prolifers like you are almost incapable of posting without lying? After all, "murder" is the illegal killing of a person. So your hyperbolic revisionist linguistic claptrap none withstanding, abortion is not murder. Yes, prolifers always seem to WANT it to be, and spew their wishful thinking as if it was fact, thus further demonstrating how inherently dishonest you are.

But we have come to expect it. Birds fly, fish swim, and prolifers lie. Seems to be the order of things.
Sex for fun equals murder.
A lie. As all the other lies you spew.

Now, in all your fervor to lie, you seem to have forgotten the point of this tread. So, Jimmy, HOW MANY children have you adopted that needs homes, per you obviously anting to set up a lot more kids to be available for adoption? OF all the kids already overburdening the system, how many have you adopted?

Oh? None? So in addition to being a liar, you are also a hypocrite? Well, not that it is a surprise to anybody.

Last edited:
Jeremiah1:5 said:
Not everyone can adopt a baby.
But if you can't help solving the problem of all the many kids under Social Services custody that are waiting for adoptive parents, how can you insist that the woman be FORCED to carry her pregnancy to term if you are not going to help take care of the many resulting kids from this policy of misogynistic, theocratic enslavement of woemn?
But there are millions of couples out there that can't have children.
Millions? Please provide evidence for that wild claim. And how come they are not out there adopting the available kids? Could it be that your idea of oppressing women through denial of abortions will further hinder these kids' opportunity to be adopted? Certainly YOU are not doing anything to adopt these kids, are you?
Just because the child isn't wanted, doesn't make abortion OK.
Quite. The "kid" is irrelevant to what makes abortions ok. But it is NOT irrelevant to the very apparent hypocricy of prolifers insisting that the woman carries the pregnancy to term, yet refuse to share THEIR part of the burden by providing homes for a ll these extra children that will be born.

Such hypocricy is very valid to the topic of this tread.

So, how many kids have YOU adopted?

Pretender said:
Asking me how many children I have adopted is of no real relavence the abortion issue. I do think if you pregnaunt you should have the baby and give it for adoption if necessary. However, because I say this, am I required to abopt one? No.
That is an INCREDIBLY hypocritical position. YOU want to put more kids into the system already overburdened with kids waiting for adoptions, yet you refuse to do anything to alleviate that burden. That is a shameful position.
There are several families who can't have children who should look into adoption.
"Should" they? So once again, the burdens of your wishes fall on others? The woman "should" carry to term, and others "should" adopt the kids. What SHOULD you do? Nothing other than push your unique brand of morality on everybody else? Why must everybody else bear the cost of your policies and you shouldn't?
Also, in order to prevent over crowding...
It already IS overcrowded. There were as recently as 5 years ago more than 100,000 kids awaiting adoption, with about 20-40,000 added every year and about 35,000 adopted every year. I don't know if you can do the math, but it should be clear to you that there are lots of kids that NEVER get adopted even under our current level of over-crowding.

And now you propose to add another 800,000 +/- kids to the list and pretend that they will get adopted? That is an insane argument. The number of families seeking to adopt is minimal compared to the number of abortions you want to change into adoptions.

.. in orphanages we need to educate people on sex, and how to have it safely. They need to know the consequences.
Absolutely. We need MUCH BETTER sex ed at a much more timely schedule, a process unfortunately, that many prolifers object to, thus further hypocritically adding to the problem.

And we need much greater support for the women who are pregnant, so they may see a way to manage going through the pregnancy without seeing a need to abort. Unfortunately, those programs are being cut by the conservative fundie politicians, the same ones who oppose abortion, a clear demonstration of how thoroughly hypocritical they are, seeing the woman as nothing but "welfare queens" while denying them access to an abortion, thus further binding them in poverty and bondage.

And then when the kid is born, and the woman seeks help, she once again is being denied the help buy the same politicians who now also see the kid as a "welfare leech." The hypocrisy, the double standard is astonishing. It shows what true scumbags so many of these prolife policy makers truly are.

It shows that their main goal is NOT to reduce the number of abortions, but rather to oppress the woman.

YES, the women know the consequenses of pregnancy. They know it makes them a target for conservative, fundie theocratic oppression and misogyny.

Until you change that, women will abort. They will not voluntarily submit to your prolife slavery.

Let me rephrase that: There are millions of couples out there waiting to adopt children.

And I'm 14, so I can't say that I've adopted any children.

Last edited:
I have adopted one. And there are thousands of parents out there who want to have kids and can't as a couple so they look to adopt and many of them don't get babies so it's not like there are not enough adoptive parents. Do a little reseach before you start talking.

Jeremiah1:5 said:
Let me rephrase that: There are millions of couples out there waiting to adopt children.
Really? there are lots of kids waiting to be adopted.

And interestingly enough, they are STILL waiting to be adopted. Where are your mythical millions? Did they go out for lunch or something? Did they "forget" to call and say that they wanted to adopt? Or are you just full of....?
And I'm 14, so I can't say that I've adopted any children.
Ah, but there are other things you can do for the prolife cause. You can show that you are not all hypocrites by accept being forced to give up your extra kidney to somebody who will die without it. After all, I am sure you agree that insisting that pregnant women be forced to give of their bodily resources against their will when nobody else are, that is very hypocritical, right?

And you could ask your parents to adopt. You could share your family with a disadvantaged child from a foster home or orphanage, just waiting to be adopted into a family

What was that? You don't want to share? Well, golly gee, why am I not surprised!

scottm123 said:
I have adopted one.
That's nice. That still leaves a lot of them. And prolife want about 800, 000 kids adopted out every year. That must mean that you have to take one or two every year, right? Are you ready for that?
And there are thousands of parents out there who want to have kids and can't as a couple so they look to adopt and many of them don't get babies so it's not like there are not enough adoptive parents.
Thousands? Jeremiah said millions. Was he perhaps embuied by youthful enthusiasm> Anyway, there still are many more kids waiting for adoption than there are families willing to take them, so yor claim is outright false. There are NOT enough adoptive parents.
Do a little reseach before you start talking.
Yes, your argument would benefit from you taking your own advice.

Back
Top Bottom