• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Third Of Louisiana Republicans Blame Obama For Hurricane Katrina Response

100% of democrats blame Bush for everything bad that happened under Obama. so it averages itself out in the end. :coffeepap

100% of democrats blame Bush for everything bad that happened under Obama. so it averages itself out in the end. :coffeepap

For some reason I've always expected more from republicans.

If there is an exception to any rule, it begins or ends in the state of Louisiana.

They even voted for a Democrat for POTUS in 1876 but had a Republican shoved down their throats by those "radical Repups". A possible foundation of the Longs? And Vitter sure gets a pass doesn't she?

It wasn't da gays?

It's a HuffPo article. Didn't read it. And, Fisher beat me to my only thought about the subject in post #2.

If there is an exception to any rule, it begins or ends in the state of Louisiana.

I agree Louisiana is special :), but I've seen some really disappointing stuff coming from republicans from all grographic regions since Obama starting looking like he might be president back in 2008 that continues today. The Birthernmovement, Shirley Sherrod, deep seeded hatred for white people, a contragulatory fist bump with his wife a a secret "terrorist" symbol, deploying the Navy to successfully rescue and American merchant marine taken hostage is "all he did was kill a couple of black teenagers", an after school fight on a school bus is white kids now beat up by black kids because we're now living in Obama's America, the proclamation of Confederate History Month in March in Virginia to honor the people responsible the deaths of 500,000 Americans in their valiant effort to keep enslavement of blacks legal and expanded to the west, the Portland police department being forced the cancel marksmanship training because people have bought up all the ammunition so the little available still needs to be reserved for law enforcement activities, sworn testimony from a republican official incidating strategy meetings were held to plan how to limit minority voter participation then it seem they do and when I complain I'm using the race card.... From the way it looks to me, republicans across the country have lost their minds.

Yours Truly,
A RINO (the rules are you're not allowed to think for yourself and remain in good standing)

Last edited:
While neither Bush or Obama are the bad guys related to Katrina's aftermath,
Obama promised to rebuild New Orleans, after Bush failed to do so.
Red, Green, and Blue | Patriotism that loves our country, our land, and our planet
So Bush stopped being President 3.5 years after Katrina, Obama has had 4.5 years.
I not sure ether made much progress.
At least the Corps of Engineers projects are being implemented now.

Looking at the demographics its obviously the poll was biased. But lets not pretend to be shocked that some people in this country are uninformed...

There you go. Proof positive that all democrats are morons.

Looking at the demographics its obviously the poll was biased. But lets not pretend to be shocked that some people in this country are uninformed...
73% of those polled thought that Obama might be more to blame for the federal govt's response to Katrina than Bush. 73%. That is not an insignificant fringe element nor a few outliers--it's a super majority.

Personally, I blame Louisiana more than a blame the GOP.
I know some counties and townships here in AR where I could gather some pretty shocking data about people's beliefs if I tried.

73% of those polled thought that Obama might be more to blame for the federal govt's response to Katrina than Bush. 73%. That is not an insignificant fringe element nor a few outliers--it's a super majority.

I know some counties and townships here in AR where I could gather some pretty shocking data about people's beliefs if I tried.
The poll offered on that site showed 29% blamed Obama. And do you know how the poll was posed? did the questions refer to CURRENT or IMMEDIATE government response? And of those 44% that didnt know, why werent they given an opportunity to respond APPROPRIATELY with the addition of Nagan and Landreu?

I can tell you this. ANY poll that offers a completely biased poll population (you DID see the polling demographics...correct?) is a biased poll with 'intent'. You REALLY find that poll (and the "The Democratic-leaning polling firm") in any way shape or form credible?

You must be another typical Obama voter. And of course...we've seen the videos which very clearly define all of you.

The poll offered on that site showed 29% blamed Obama. And do you know how the poll was posed? did the questions refer to CURRENT or IMMEDIATE government response?
Google is friendly:
PPP Louisiana poll, August 2013

You must be another typical Obama voter.
If all you have is a hammer...

And of course...we've seen the videos which very clearly define all of you.
Those guys were from CA and NY not AR. They are them, not us.

Google is friendly:
PPP Louisiana poll, August 2013

If all you have is a hammer...

Those guys were from CA and NY not AR. They are them, not us.
I saw the poll. I also saw the polling demographics and the description from the OP article which cited the very obvious democrat lean of polling agency. That you put ANY stock in that particular poll is very telling. But hey...since you believe so much in polls, obviously, from NY to CA...you is they.

Here is what I think the problem is. Hate is a powerful weapon in the political world. Those people in Louisiana hate Obama so much that they will convince themselves that he was responsible. Just like the birthers. They know it is not true, but if it is a attack against him then they will make it true. The same happen under Bush when the far left said that he had something to do with 9-11.

“People are stupid. They will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.”
― Terry Goodkind, Wizard's First Rule

That you put ANY stock in that particular poll is very telling.
Do you think that they lied about the numbers? Or do you think that the data are insufficient to draw many conclusions from?
Or what exactly?

I have used the results to crack joke at the expense of Louisianans. I find the polling data more than sufficient for that purpose. But I have sense of humor. Not everyone does.
Know who else doesn't have a sense of humor? HitlerLiberals.

But hey...since you believe so much in polls, obviously, from NY to CA...you is they.
Lol. You and your hammer.

Do you think that they lied about the numbers? Or do you think that the data are insufficient to draw many conclusions from?
Or what exactly?

I have used the results to crack joke at the expense of Louisianans. I find the polling data more than sufficient for that purpose. But I have sense of humor. Not everyone does.
Know who else doesn't have a sense of humor? HitlerLiberals.

Lol. You and your hammer.
I think they targeted poll recipients to derive a specified result. i think their numbers prove that. I also think their questions were intentionally vague (witness the 44% statistic. What if you blame NEITHER?). I think the poll was designed for the HuPo so they could post it and snarky little political ideologues could look at it and say wow...republicans are stupid. And Look! It worked.

LOL...so many pathetic tiny little nails...

Back
Top Bottom