• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Third Of Louisiana Republicans Blame Obama For Hurricane Katrina Response

Yes I do. If you want to find it reasonable that 29% of Republicans didn't realize that Obama wasn't President when Katrina hit, that is your choice.
I haven't tried to extrapolate from that poll to the entirety of the GOP.

A poll is an indicator, and nothing more. Typically, sample size and political "identification" can suggest much about the published results. Any sample under about 1000 people is usually worthless, as was this typical Public Policy Polling survey that Huff Po is trying to sell to it's minions.

We just can't single out the left leaning polls. All polls are extremely flawed. That was proven on election night.

Depends on how large of population you're trying to extrapolate the results to.

If you will note I did not say that it mean Obama. I said that it mean they were saying that Obama could be as responsible.
If they chose unsure, that means that they were saying not have a clear decision about which of the two was more responsible. If they did not have a clear decision about which of the two was more responsible, that means that they're saying that Obama could have been more responsible.

Very true. Certainly 247 people is an insufficient sample set to warrant the headline. Most political polls question 1,000 or more people in order to provide a reasonable margin of error.

I haven't tried to extrapolate from that poll to the entirety of the GOP.

It's even more unbelievable that 29% of Louisiana GOP wouldn't know Obama was not President back then( whicj is what you are are trying to get us to believe) Just does not pass the smell test.

100% of democrats blame Bush for everything bad that happened under Obama. so it averages itself out in the end. :coffeepap
Two groups of idiots don't average each other out, they just make one large group of idiots that can't get along.

It's even more unbelievable that 29% of Louisiana GOP wouldn't know Obama was not President back then( whicj is what you are are trying to get us to believe)
Actually not trying to get you to believe that.
Very true. Certainly 247 people is an insufficient sample set to warrant the headline. Most political polls question 1,000 or more people in order to provide a reasonable margin of error.
I don't know how large the population of those primary voters is.
But many polls which try to have a national significance have more than 1000. The population of LA GOP primary voters is certainly less than the population of the US as a whole.

Depends on how large of population you're trying to extrapolate the results to.

If you will note I did not say that it mean Obama. I said that it mean they were saying that Obama could be as responsible.
If they chose unsure, that means that they were saying not have a clear decision about which of the two was more responsible. If they did not have a clear decision about which of the two was more responsible, that means that they're saying that Obama could have been more responsible.
If I used as a poll question "Who is more responsible for the failed Katrina response, Bush or Some Moron, and 44% didnt feel like A-it was that bad a response (considering it took Clintons FEMA 28 days to get on the ground following hurricanes and that was considered a ROCKSTAR erformance), B-Nagin or Landriu were far more responsible since it was THEIR home town and state or C-Maybe Some Morons because he has been sitting on the recovery efforts for the last 4.5 years, but instead voted 'unsure', that doesnt mean 73% believe Some Moron is responsible.

Actually not trying to get you to believe that.
I don't know how large the population of those primary voters is.
But many polls which try to have a national significance have more than 1000. The population of LA GOP primary voters is certainly less than the population of the US as a whole.

Well yes, I would think it safe to suppose the population of LA GOP voters is less than the population of the US as a whole.

I think it's also safe to suppose 247 republican voters do not provide a sufficient sample set to make the headline legitimate to anyone other than those who will always soak such "facts" up.

Katrina happened under Obama?

I'm surprise at you level of ignorance...of course he did and YES it was his fault...That plus 9/11, Iraq war, Afghanistan war, gas prices going up, trouble in Egypt, Libya, Syria, Iran and North Korea... I also have strong suspicion he had something to do with Neighbors dog shaiting in my front Yard

Diving Mullah

If I used as a poll question "Who is more responsible for the failed Katrina response, Bush or Some Moron, and 44% didnt feel like A-it was that bad a response (considering it took Clintons FEMA 28 days to get on the ground following hurricanes and that was considered a ROCKSTAR erformance), B-Nagin or Landriu were far more responsible since it was THEIR home town and state or C-Maybe Some Morons because he has been sitting on the recovery efforts for the last 4.5 years, but instead voted 'unsure', that doesnt mean 73% believe Some Moron is responsible.
If you will note, I did not say that 73% of the respondents said that Obama was more responsible. I said that they said Obama could be responsible. If the respondents had said it was impossible for Obama to be more responsible, then they would not have answered that they were unsure. Saying that they were unsure means that they are saying that Obama could be more responsible.

If you will note, I did not say that 73% of the respondents said that Obama was more responsible. I said that they said Obama could be responsible. If the respondents had said it was impossible for Obama to be more responsible, then they would not have answered that they were unsure. Saying that they were unsure means that they are saying that Obama could be more responsible.
You keep clinging to that, despite the obviously biased and at LEAST poorly worded question. When given only two options, neither of which you agree with, or the pick "unsure" which would YOU choose?

Back
Top Bottom